Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

The E stands for Eklund

and the # is how many "sources" he heard it from.

He is pretty much usless though very few of his rumours come true.

As for Allison I really doubt Gainey would sign him he is just way to slow for the NHL.

Apparently a lot of the sportscasters in Philly think that the only possible destination for Forsberg before the deadline is Montreal - so said Yvon Pedneault. Take that for what you will.

Cammalerri comes to the habs is scary...i know someone whos dating his cousin..belive me his cousin is a MASSSSSIVE druggy i don't think he would be a good influance....unless Cammalarrie or wtv is smarter

Apparently a lot of the sportscasters in Philly think that the only possible destination for Forsberg before the deadline is Montreal - so said Yvon Pedneault. Take that for what you will.

link?

:hlogo:

So because this is a rumour which has some posibilities.... U can bet this means teams such as Ottawa or toronto or anyone will want him too Phily will have its time to pick. Hopefully Forsberg wants to come back to Quebec.

How much would we be willing to part with for the services of Forsberg for the playoffs?

RDS and comp.. were stating that Phily wants Young (promising Dman for 8 years) probably 2 dmen and one forward .... or One Komisarek and one prospect forward... Aint it too much for a rental? But it is Forsberg healthy or hurt he is still a franchise centre!

Idealy if they would take back Niinima and pick either Obyrne or Cote plus Murray

But realisticaly they want at least the likes of Cote and O'Byrne (spelling) plus a forward like Grabovsky or Lapierre

Cause Ottawa would deal some good prospects as well...

I would still Hope they could swallow a Niinima and (Cote or O'Byrne or Streit) plus Grabovsky or Perezhogin or a pick

Or one good Dman prospect; again (Cote, O'Byrne or Streit) and Bonk(UFA) plus a Murray or a pick

The flyers would want high end players, not Lapierre, more like Kosty, perez a couple of younger D and maybe a pick.

Is Forsberg worth it, if he is healthy he may be worth Kosty a young D and a second rounder, but not much more then that.

whenever spezza comes back, they,ll be over the cap so I doubt they'll go for forsber. of anything, i'm sure ottawa would love to had a depth D.

whenever spezza comes back, they,ll be over the cap so I doubt they'll go for forsber. of anything, i'm sure ottawa would love to had a depth D.

very true ... but ask yourself ... the sens are hot since Spezza has been injured.... not a far cry to think Ott might use Spezza in the trade for Forsberg?

very true ... but ask yourself ... the sens are hot since Spezza has been injured.... not a far cry to think Ott might use Spezza in the trade for Forsberg?

If i'm philly, I'll do it in a heart beat:

spezza: big offensive center, rising star right handed shot. not a huge Defensive player.

forsberg: huge salary, UFA at the end of the season and probalby will go back in Sweden, never know when he'll get injured again. however could help with tons of playoff experience

Forsberg for Spezza? That has to be the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Spezza is under contract and the way he's scoring lhe ooks like a bargain for the next few years. Every time Forsberg steps on the ice might be the last shift of his career. Great playoff pickup no doubt, (except he might not actually play any games), but Jason Spezza?!?!? Laugh. Out. Loud.

Forsberg for Spezza? That has to be the craziest thing I've ever heard.

Spezza is under contract and the way he's scoring lhe ooks like a bargain for the next few years. Every time Forsberg steps on the ice might be the last shift of his career. Great playoff pickup no doubt, (except he might not actually play any games), but Jason Spezza?!?!? Laugh. Out. Loud.

No doubt!! but this aint a statement.. its a far fetched option.... if Ott was ever to try to get Forsberg because of the Cap getting rid of Spezza would not implky dealing any prospects... And as crazy as it may seem .... it goes along with another crazy FACT that Ott have done better so far without Spezza... Not that I think muckler would do that... but if he were seriously thinking of trading Spezza for Forsberg why wouldnt Ottawa trade Spezza for Forsberg plus a draft fpick? Crazy too no?

So because this is a rumour which has some posibilities.... U can bet this means teams such as Ottawa or toronto or anyone will want him too Phily will have its time to pick. Hopefully Forsberg wants to come back to Quebec.

How much would we be willing to part with for the services of Forsberg for the playoffs?

RDS and comp.. were stating that Phily wants Young (promising Dman for 8 years) probably 2 dmen and one forward .... or One Komisarek and one prospect forward... Aint it too much for a rental? But it is Forsberg healthy or hurt he is still a franchise centre!

Idealy if they would take back Niinima and pick either Obyrne or Cote plus Murray

But realisticaly they want at least the likes of Cote and O'Byrne (spelling) plus a forward like Grabovsky or Lapierre

I would still Hope they could swallow a Niinima and (Cote or O'Byrne or Streit) plus Grabovsky or Perezhogin or a pick

Or one good Dman prospect; again (Cote, O'Byrne or Streit) and Bonk(UFA) plus a Murray or a pick

Why in the world would we give up great young prospects for someone who could be finished next month. Forsberg is at the end of his career, he is now very injury prone and with the problems he's had with his foot this year and the troubnle he has had just getting into games, who in their right mind would give a couple of prospects plus someone off our current team and a pick. No way Jose!

No doubt!! but this aint a statement.. its a far fetched option.... if Ott was ever to try to get Forsberg because of the Cap getting rid of Spezza would not implky dealing any prospects... And as crazy as it may seem .... it goes along with another crazy FACT that Ott have done better so far without Spezza... Not that I think muckler would do that... but if he were seriously thinking of trading Spezza for Forsberg why wouldnt Ottawa trade Spezza for Forsberg plus a draft fpick? Crazy too no?

I don't think Spezza for Forsberg is all that far fetched. Spezza has got to have one of the worst attitudes in hockey. Forsberg is a winner. Spezza is a whiner.

IMO.

PS. If you disagree I ask you this; when Ottawa has struggled or things are going bad, which player in the room is always joking, laughing, giggling and not taking it at all seriously?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Why in the world would we give up great young prospects for someone who could be finished next month. Forsberg is at the end of his career, he is now very injury prone and with the problems he's had with his foot this year and the troubnle he has had just getting into games, who in their right mind would give a couple of prospects plus someone off our current team and a pick. No way Jose!

One simple answer to that obvious question!

if the Habs just need a Centreman for the playoffs (if Bob Gainey thins thats all they need) then trading prospects (which we have too many of) would be logical if it means a shot at the stanley cup!

One simple answer to that obvious question!

if the Habs just need a Centreman for the playoffs (if Bob Gainey thins thats all they need) then trading prospects (which we have too many of) would be logical if it means a shot at the stanley cup!

If we are going to trade away alot of prospects I would expect a franchise center not just some Comrie. Lets not go half assed, lets get a great player.

This game was embarassing. Clearly something has to be done. The defensemen arent doing their job but honestly, if they could move the puck out of their own end better the offence would look a hell of a lot better. Its pretty tough when you get outshot every game. Some people may argue that some of those shots may not be quality ones but you cant dispute the fact that more shots, good ones or garbage ones means you are spending more of the game defending rather than in the offensive zone, hard to score from your own end.. :(

How about Souray, Aebischer (maybe toss in someone else to even it out) for Cammalleri?

We get our second line center and LA gets a good goalie who can challenge Garon and Cloutier for the #1 spot. Also Souray goes to LA which he has been wanting all along. We make up the loss in offense by getting a proven nhl scorer and possibly by rejuvenating our second line. LA gets an incredible shot from the point on the power play and Aebischer has potential to be a #1 goalie. We can add in someone else if this isnt quite enough.

Streit can go back to defense to fill the spot if we need to and we have several backups ready to take Aebischers spot. I think this trade makes sense.

How about Souray, Aebischer (maybe toss in someone else to even it out) for Cammalleri?

We get our second line center and LA gets a good goalie who can challenge Garon and Cloutier for the #1 spot. Also Souray goes to LA which he has been wanting all along. We make up the loss in offense by getting a proven nhl scorer and possibly by rejuvenating our second line. LA gets an incredible shot from the point on the power play and Aebischer has potential to be a #1 goalie. We can add in someone else if this isnt quite enough.

Streit can go back to defense to fill the spot if we need to and we have several backups ready to take Aebischers spot. I think this trade makes sense.

The league's #1 offensive defenceman AND Abbey for a 5'9 second line centre? Why not throw in Komisarek and Higgins while you're at it? :lol:

However, you're on the right track: Cammelleri might be worth pursuing - Abey and a second-tier offensive player might do it.

Cammalleri would be nice, but I'm doubting LA would want to give up on a good young player like that while they are in a rebuilding phase. They've got Kopitar #1 center and Cammalleri #2 center... that's a nice start to rebuilding - I don't think they wanna mess that up.

Rebuilding as they are, I kinda doubt they'd want an expensive veteran like Souray either.

The league's #1 offensive defenceman AND Abbey for a 5'9 second line centre? Why not throw in Komisarek and Higgins while you're at it? :lol:

However, you're on the right track: Cammelleri might be worth pursuing - Abey and a second-tier offensive player might do it.

Abby is far from proven and you and I both know Souray isnt great defensivly. You have to give up something good to get something good back. I think you are under-rating Cammalleri, he has 1st line potential and is young.

I don't know alot about the Kings but even when you are rebuilding you still need veterans with leadership and that is what Souray is. I would rather see us get Cammalleri than Forsberg.