Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

I'd do it.

I hate myself for it, but I'd do it.

I know what you mean. If they signed him to a cut-rate super-low deal, I'd get a kick out of that. It might not help in hockey terms, but Kovy is intrinsically entertaining no matter how wretched his game is ;) And who knows, maybe the Montreal crowd could pull a few more magical moments outta him.

No just no

I loved Kovy, but his last three years split between Ottawa, Pitt and the KHL tell me he's finished

That he was 'released' from his KHL contract does not suggest vintage Kovalev, no. :lol:

Don't worry, MB won't sign him. But I still think such 'sentimental' signings have their place and if they *did* sign him, I'd still enjoy watching Kovy lumber around out there, getting limited minutes and occasionally showing a flash or two of the old Kovalev.

No just no

I loved Kovy, but his last three years split between Ottawa, Pitt and the KHL tell me he's finished

What if Kovy says he'll play for the league minimum?

I tell him to collect that minimum elsewhere. This guy couldn't hack it in the KHL (he had I believe a whopping 7 points) and was useless in the NHL before that. He's finished; if someone else thinks he still has something in the tank, let them sign him at their own peril.

I tell him to collect that minimum elsewhere. This guy couldn't hack it in the KHL (he had I believe a whopping 7 points) and was useless in the NHL before that. He's finished; if someone else thinks he still has something in the tank, let them sign him at their own peril.

not with a 10 foot pole would i go near him, he is done as BGL is as well.

If the price is right, then why not? He would give us another option on our brutal powerplay. Sure, his minutes would be limited but he could still chip in with 15-20 goals. And just for nostalgic, entertainment reasons alone I think it'd be worth it. Everybody with a Kovalev jersey would be stoked!

If the price is right, then why not? He would give us another option on our brutal powerplay. Sure, his minutes would be limited but he could still chip in with 15-20 goals. And just for nostalgic, entertainment reasons alone I think it'd be worth it. Everybody with a Kovalev jersey would be stoked!

If he can't get that many total points in a lower league, how can he be expected to put up 15-20 goals in a better league? Heck, he didn't crack 20 goals in his last two full NHL years and only 3 times in his past 8 NHL seasons.

The Habs are one of many teams who are persuing Damion Brunner, a forward on the Swiss World Championship team.

He is a 26 year old UFA.

Today should be the day he signs (June 15th is the deadline for Euros under contract to sign NHL deals). Reports say the supposed front runners, Tampa and Pittsburgh, will not be getting him.

I say, sorry, I'd rather let the winner of a training camp battle between Louis Leblanc, Aaron Palushaj, Blake Geoffrion, Brendan Gallagher, Patrick Holland take that spot.

I say, sorry, I'd rather let the winner of a training camp battle between Louis Leblanc, Aaron Palushaj, Blake Geoffrion, Brendan Gallagher, Patrick Holland take that spot.

Concur.

Here here.

He's the highest paid player in the league playing with the SC finalist.. why would he forfeit his contract and play for minimum with the worst team in the East?

He's the highest paid player in the league playing with the SC finalist.. why would he forfeit his contract and play for minimum with the worst team in the East?

I believe 'Kovy' means Kovalev, not Kovalchuk.

I don't mind a 3 or 4 year deal

Depends on money though too, I dont want to pay more than 2 million per

Hmm 3 or 4 kind of scares me with bottom 6 guys.

2 yes for sure , I like Moen a lot.

I don't mind a 3 or 4 year deal

3 years at 2 mil or under seems kosher to me.

I've become pretty convinced that bottom-6 players are far from interchangeable. When you find a good one - a Moen, a Moore, a Kostopolis - you should identify fair market value and sign him for decent term. These guys can make a huge difference over a long playoff (and, presumably, a long playoff is something we hope to reach before the end of his contract).

Chris Kelly's new deal is going to have an effect on how much we pay Moen. I think he's getting between $2.25 and $2.5M. He might not put up as much points but he's important to the club and he's considered a high demand bottom six player by most teams. I hear his agent is quite aware of the elite clubs that want him at UFA.

He's the guy I wanted as well. My guess is that we ultimately bring in Sarich.

Sarich looks finished.... 16 minutes a game or something in Calgary.

I want a guy who can go 20.

I'd go Bryce Salvador before Sarich

Sarich looks finished.... 16 minutes a game or something in Calgary.

I want a guy who can go 20.

I'd go Bryce Salvador before Sarich

Bryan Allen seems a perfect fit, but maybe Hannan/Aucoin or Shane OBrien would work for 1 year?