Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

Isn't Greg Jamison purchasing the Coyotes to keep them in Phoenix?

Is that the poor bastards name; a sucker born every day eh.

Eklund has Hartley going to the Habs as an E4

Kaboom is right, and I am Eklund.

Today I will reveal to you the secrets of my patented... E scoring system.

E1: I made this shit up

E2: I made this shit up

E3: I made this shit up

E4: I made this shit up

E5: Bob McKenzie just tweeted it as a done deal.

Eklund gets a hard time on this site, and as far as his predictions go and his claims of inside knowledge, rightly so.

However I think he should get some credit for getting some excellent bloggers to contribute to his site. I go there quite often, especially when there is a trade involving the Habs or a post game review from the other teams bloggers point of view.

I also just like some of his bloggers like Richard Cloutier and Travis Youst because they are quite funny.

Anyways, will probably get ripped a new one for this blasphemy, but I do quite like his site if you use it as interesting reading about all teams, rather than an accurate guide of the future - bank that as an E5 lol.

Eklund gets a hard time on this site, and as far as his predictions go and his claims of inside knowledge, rightly so.

However I think he should get some credit for getting some excellent bloggers to contribute to his site. I go there quite often, especially when there is a trade involving the Habs or a post game review from the other teams bloggers point of view.

I also just like some of his bloggers like Richard Cloutier and Travis Youst because they are quite funny.

Anyways, will probably get ripped a new one for this blasphemy, but I do quite like his site if you use it as interesting reading about all teams, rather than an accurate guide of the future - bank that as an E5 lol.

Some of the bloggers on his site are quite good. But Eklund himself is a hack.

Not ground breaking news by any stretch but the Habs have made an contract offer to 2011 4th rounder Magnus Nygren in the hopes of getting him signed for next year. It appears that having as many as 4 rookie D next year in Hamilton isn't scaring them away from trying to add a 5th. He is under contract with Farjestad of the Swedish Elite League for next year already but they actually have a transfer agreement in place.

Not ground breaking news by any stretch but the Habs have made an contract offer to 2011 4th rounder Magnus Nygren in the hopes of getting him signed for next year. It appears that having as many as 4 rookie D next year in Hamilton isn't scaring them away from trying to add a 5th. He is under contract with Farjestad of the Swedish Elite League for next year already but they actually have a transfer agreement in place.

Is it possible that Beaulieu ISN'T signed for next season?

Is it possible that Beaulieu ISN'T signed for next season?

I would say highly unlikely, unless Beaulieu doesn't want to sign.

He's played 4 years in the QMJHL, he's a PPG defenceman down there... he's never gonna fix his defensive deficiency in that league because his skating is too good. Even when he makes a mistake, he recovers from it on pure skating 80% of the time.

He needs to move to the next level IMO.

To play devil's advocate a bit, would Beaulieu still derive some benefit from being the #1 d-man on what should be a much worse Saint John team next season? He'd easily log 30 tougher minutes per game and then would likely be dealt to a contender at the deadline for a long playoff run. I too think he should be in Hamilton but I think he could still benefit a bit from going back.

To play devil's advocate a bit, would Beaulieu still derive some benefit from being the #1 d-man on what should be a much worse Saint John team next season? He'd easily log 30 tougher minutes per game and then would likely be dealt to a contender at the deadline for a long playoff run. I too think he should be in Hamilton but I think he could still benefit a bit from going back.

IMO, All that would happen would be that he would take even more offensive chances.

Saint John would need him for additional scoring, so he would be even more offensive than he is.

And he would push the play more, because with his skating, its tough for him to get caught too far out of position at that level.

Plus as an overager he'd develop even more of a size/strength advantage.

Eklund has Hartley going to the Habs as an E4

Oops.

Oops.

To be fair, everyone confuses the Eklund system.

E1 means he heard one occasional source tell him the rumour.

E2 means he has either heard it from multiple occasional sources or one solid source.

E3 means he has heard it from multiple solid sources.

E4 means he has heard it from his most trusted sources or multiple sources are saying it's close to a done deal.

E5 is a done deal.

People tend to confuse E4 meaning that it will definitely happen and he saw the papers or something. Dude is an absolute hack (though legit sources love using him at big events like the trade deadline and free agent day) but that doesn't mean his system is flawed. People just misinterpret it. Also, if the industry is going to allow people like Al Strachan to get hockey jobs making up rumours all the power to Eklund for doing it and make a living out of it.

IMO the biggest hack out there is Bruce garririch from Ottawa Sun.

To be fair, everyone confuses the Eklund system.

E1 means he heard one occasional source tell him the rumour.

E2 means he has either heard it from multiple occasional sources or one solid source.

E3 means he has heard it from multiple solid sources.

E4 means he has heard it from his most trusted sources or multiple sources are saying it's close to a done deal.

E5 is a done deal.

People tend to confuse E4 meaning that it will definitely happen and he saw the papers or something. Dude is an absolute hack (though legit sources love using him at big events like the trade deadline and free agent day) but that doesn't mean his system is flawed. People just misinterpret it. Also, if the industry is going to allow people like Al Strachan to get hockey jobs making up rumours all the power to Eklund for doing it and make a living out of it.

There is a rumbling going around that the Habs may once again be going after Jaromir Jagr in the offseason.

https://twitter.com/...643302386024448

Can't imagine it, unless he wants to play real cheap, as habs will be tight for cap space after signing Price, Subban and Emelin, unless Bergevin can magically get rid of Gomez and Kaberle (if he can, he's off to some start as GM!)

Nygren has declined the offer and will remain with Farjestad. The Habs will retain his rights though and will probably try again next offseason.

There were already a couple SEL teams reported going after Andreas Engqvist, now Lulea has entered the fold. As he told the other clubs though, he is waiting to see what happens with Montreal first (such as will he be qualified).

Might as well let Engvist go. He just didn't seem NHL ready. We need the slots.

You can have it both ways, qualify him but letting him sign in Sweden. It's the same thing they did with Klubertanz last year (possibly this year too).

You can have it both ways, qualify him but letting him sign in Sweden. It's the same thing they did with Klubertanz last year (possibly this year too).

I hope so, if he could do better on face-offs he would be a super fit (but then again not one friggin centre on Habs can win a friggin face-off and are all near bottom of league).

Love Engqvist defensive play, reach and smarts and would be a nice cheap 4th line centre.

Will Moan be offered deal prior to July 1st?

I would let Darchee, Nokalenin and Campoli walk, but wouldnt mind seeing Moan and even ol Staubitz re signed.

But once Moan hits the market, he will be overpaid by someone very quickly.

Will Weber be traded on draft day, July1st or be 7th d-man in the fall?