Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

If you're ever in Connecticut come by my bar for a beer. We can bitch and complain about the habs together.

Is that an open invitation to all?

Cool. Live free or die. I find it wild how you don't need a helmet to ride a motorcycle in your state, along with a few others.

Is there also not some strange toothbrush / toothpaste law?

And some tapping your feet with the beat of music in a bar?

Nice whats the name of your bar?

How long have you been open?

Cheshire Pizza Bar & Grille. Been around forever. My father in law opened it, I've been there since we moved here from Greece a year and a half ago.

You ever in this neck of the woods?

ESPN headquarters are 10 min away.

Cheshire Pizza Bar & Grille. Been around forever. My father in law opened it, I've been there since we moved here from Greece a year and a half ago.

You ever in this neck of the woods?

ESPN headquarters are 10 min away.

Not often but maybe I will make a point of it next year to start a road trip.

• 1 month later...

Grossmann resigned for four years 14 million in Philadelphia. DAMNIT he was a good candidate for us.

Gotta go after one of Jackman, Allen, Stuart, Jurcina, or here is another name Jason Garrison next year.

Garrison has scored 15 or 16 goals or something this year and I don't expect him to do that again, but he's a reliable defensive player too... flown under the radar in New York.

Grossmann resigned for four years 14 million in Philadelphia. DAMNIT he was a good candidate for us.

Gotta go after one of Jackman, Allen, Stuart, Jurcina, or here is another name Jason Garrison next year.

Garrison has scored 15 or 16 goals or something this year and I don't expect him to do that again, but he's a reliable defensive player too... flown under the radar in New York.

Garrison will get a massive pay bump because of those goals.

Some ed GM is salivating as is his agent.

Vancouver is - shockingly - down 0-2 in their series against the Kings.

If they lose, I think there is at least an even chance of Vigneault walking the plank.

This would mean that the man who is ABSOLUTELY the best candidate to coach our team may be available. Will we be handicapped in our ability to sign him by the lack of a GM? Are we about to fall prey to our usual horrendous timing/luck?

This would mean that the man who is ABSOLUTELY the best candidate to coach our team may be available. Will we be handicapped in our ability to sign him by the lack of a GM? Are we about to fall prey to our usual horrendous timing/luck?

If he wanted the job, he'd get the job. I can't see too many GMs out there saying no to him being the choice, unless it's a GM coming in with the purpose of making Roy as the coach.

If he wanted the job, he'd get the job. I can't see too many GMs out there saying no to him being the choice, unless it's a GM coming in with the purpose of making Roy as the coach.

I suppose it'd be a question of asking prospective GMs whether they'd have any objection to our hiring Vigneault before they formally signed on. But I don't know how these things work, or whether that'd be considered a breach of the usual protocols of GM autonomy, etc. I just really, really hate the thought of missing out on the best francophone coach in the game because we happen to be 'between GMs.' Anyway - it hasn't happened yet so I'm not gonna bite my nails.

I suppose it'd be a question of asking prospective GMs whether they'd have any objection to our hiring Vigneault before they formally signed on. But I don't know how these things work, or whether that'd be considered a breach of the usual protocols of GM autonomy, etc.

I don't see Alain rushing to get hired if the Canucks get eliminated. If he wanted the Canadiens job he'd wait because he'd know he would be the top candidate. I don't know what other teams are needing a coach either aside from Calgary.

Also, people shouldn't jump to conclusions. There was another high profile coach last year who everyone said was good as gone after game two of the first round. Claude Julien.

Chris Stewart is a healthy scratch tonight for the Blues.

He really seems out of favour with Hitchcock.

I'd like to steal him if we could get him cheap. Would fill that winger need beside Pleks.

He was absolutely dominant last season after coming over from Colorado, but has turned lazy apparently. That sounds alot like #27 on our squad.

If he was able to get his act together I'd take a flyer though.

Edited by EMELINATOR

I'd like to steal him if we could get him cheap. Would fill that winger need beside Pleks.

Imagine Bourque - Eller - Stewart ...

I said that months ago but nobody quotes what I say.

He was absolutely dominant last season after coming over from Colorado, but has turned lazy apparently. That sounds alot like #27 on our squad.

If he was able to get his act together I'd take a flyer though.

Maybe Bourque + something would get Stewart??

Maybe Bourque + something would get Stewart??

I wouldn't see why not.

I believe Stewart is a RFA at the end of the year. St. Louis has a decision to make.