Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

He was absolutely dominant last season after coming over from Colorado, but has turned lazy apparently. That sounds alot like #27 on our squad.

If he was able to get his act together I'd take a flyer though.

Dude, EPIC display picture. Just awesome.

I like Chris Stewart he is another power forward I would love for the Habs to get.

That said its only one game, lets see how many more he misses.

Its one game as a healthy scratch, I believe he's been used on the fourth line by Hitchcock as well.

He doesn't seem to be meshing with Hitchcock's system, however thats also scary as he's not buying into the defensive system.

I'd want him cheap... again Bourque + something.

Would love to move bourque+ for Stewart, but I can't see STL being that dumb. Prior to the idiotic Gauthier trading Cammy for that useless bum Bourque it was widely reported here that the flames were trying to unload Bourque but there wasn't much interest in anyone wanting to pick up a guy signed for that long who is lazy and for a big player is seen is soft and only physical when he is dishing out cheap shots.

After gainey traded for the most untradable contract in the league when he picked up Gomez, gauthier followed up by picking up Kaberle and bourque - two contracts no other teams were willing to touch.

Its one game as a healthy scratch, I believe he's been used on the fourth line by Hitchcock as well.

He doesn't seem to be meshing with Hitchcock's system, however thats also scary as he's not buying into the defensive system.

I'd want him cheap... again Bourque + something.

• Upvote 1

A bit of a rumour which is odd with no GM in place. Nonetheless, here it is:

Some folks in Montreal are promoting a Linus Omark for Yannick Weber trade. Makes sense from an Oilers standpoint because Ralph Krueger, if he’s back as associate coach, would have had the offensive D-man on his Swiss national team and Krueger coaches the Oilers blue-liners.

http://www.edmontonj...1332/story.html

Also worth noting from that article is that Bob Hartley's Swiss league team doesn't seem to be willing to release him from his deal to coach in the NHL next season. As his name will surely come up whenever the new GM is hired, this could be worth keeping in mind.

Omark is very skilled, but he's so small, I don't see him fitting in our team with Desharnais, Gionta, and Gallagher on the way.

The benefit I see is that Omark could be gone in a year if he doesn't make his mark on the squad. Weber we'll have for a few more years if we don't find a place for him now.

A bit of a rumour which is odd with no GM in place. Nonetheless, here it is:

http://www.edmontonj...1332/story.html

Also worth noting from that article is that Bob Hartley's Swiss league team doesn't seem to be willing to release him from his deal to coach in the NHL next season. As his name will surely come up whenever the new GM is hired, this could be worth keeping in mind.

Remember, Weber was almost dealt at the deadline but the deal fell through.

This could be echoes of that proposal.

I'd rather have us try and move Weber+ for a guy like paajarvi..

The benefit I see is that Omark could be gone in a year if he doesn't make his mark on the squad. Weber we'll have for a few more years if we don't find a place for him now.

Sure, Paajarvi is the better prospect and has the size and things, but he's not necessarily as available as Omark.

Omark has asked for a trade.

He publically asked the Oilers to let him skip the AHL playoffs and go to the World Championships because he'd rather play for Sweden.

He also said he hoped the Oilers would trade him to another NHL team because he wants a chance to play and isn't getting that in Edmonton.

Omark is writing his own ticket out of town on the Oilers and is acting similar to how Grabovski did here in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...

Pierre McGuire is already at it on the FAN 1200 saying that there is a trade in the works between Montreal and Pittsburgh that would send our third overall pick for Jordan Staal.

Wow! That would be a shocker. The whole move would hinge on the belief that Staal has it in him to produce much more offence than he has done behind Malkin and Crosby. Considering that he's only 24 and coming off his best offensive season, I'd say that's a reasonable gamble. I'd nervously support this trade. What does McGuire think about it?

Wow! That would be a shocker. The whole move would hinge on the belief that Staal has it in him to produce much more offence than he has done behind Malkin and Crosby. Considering that he's only 24 and coming off his best offensive season, I'd say that's a reasonable gamble. I'd nervously support this trade. What does McGuire think about it?

Staal also benefits from the offensive attention they recieve. 30 pts in 42 games with both out of the lineup last year. No thanks. Plus he's UFA in 2013.

Staal also benefits from the offensive attention they recieve. 30 pts in 42 games with both out of the lineup last year. No thanks. Plus he's UFA in 2013.

I agree with you Commandant :)

IMO the Habs are better off developing their 3rd OA pick. Of course I can already hear some ppl saying: `the Habs don`t have player development programe and in that sence we are `better`off with Staal`, but I have faith in this new front office and until proven otherwise I would like to give Bergevin a real chance :)

Why would anyone in the Habs organization be talking trading anything with anyone at this point...We have our own house cleaning to take care before we even talk trade with anyone..

1st thing's 1st...Hire a coach, get Price locked up, then PK, then get rid of Gomez and, hopefully, Kaberle....

We have so much of own laundry..Why would Bergevin be talking trade at this point?...I say what was posted is bogus...

I agree with you Commandant :)

IMO the Habs are better off developing their 3rd OA pick. Of course I can already hear some ppl saying: `the Habs don`t have player development programe and in that sence we are `better`off with Staal`, but I have faith in this new front office and until proven otherwise I would like to give Bergevin a real chance :)

Agreed. Just putting it out there. The Staal deal could be sweetened. We could send Gomez the other way depending on what Staal/ Gomez money looks like long term. Obviously Staal would have to be extended for that deal to work. If I even consider a deal for Staal and our 3rd pick there has to be money space coming back.