Permanent Rumour Thread

Fanpuck33

now that it appears Eller and DD are able to fill that 2nd center position between the two of them, I think moving pleks would be a smart move.

no way we should be trading are leading scorer of the last handful of seasons as well as our #1 Pker and most reliable defensive forward... what we need is a true partner for him down the middle and what we should be doing is exhausting our attempts to get gomez going as a #1 again or move his 7.5 million and bring in a legit star. at this point even an elite winger to play with plex or elller would be great.. we need to utilize gomez's cap either way and not move plex and further weaken our depth at center with a sideways move...

• Upvote 1

no way we should be trading are leading scorer of the last handful of seasons as well as our #1 Pker and most reliable defensive forward... what we need is a true partner for him down the middle and what we should be doing is exhausting our attempts to get gomez going as a #1 again or move his 7.5 million and bring in a legit star. at this point even an elite winger to play with plex or elller would be great.. we need to utilize gomez's cap either way and not move plex and further weaken our depth at center with a sideways move...

Agreed.... we need a 1a/1b situation with Plekanec.

I'm still not sure that Eller and DD are good enough to over the second line centre position yet. We'd be much better off with a true compliment to Plekanec in the #2 hole, Eller in the #3 spot and DD moved to wing.

I have a lot of hope that Eller continues to progress, and that Wednesday was a turning point for him... but lets not get crazy, he's still got a ways to go.

I agree totally but if there was an option to move Plex and a pick or prospect for an upgrade (Getzlaf), we would be foolish not to. In a perfect world we can move Gomez for absolutely anything, and then be able to use his cap hit to sign an elite center. But this is way too far fetched a scenario and since there isn't really any premier UFA's coming. Elite centers don't grow on trees and if you acquire one, it's going to cost a pretty penny. I like Plex as much as the next guy, but somebody has to go in order to make a deal.

I agree totally but if there was an option to move Plex and a pick or prospect for an upgrade (Getzlaf), we would be foolish not to. In a perfect world we can move Gomez for absolutely anything, and then be able to use his cap hit to sign an elite center. But this is way too far fetched a scenario and since there isn't really any premier UFA's coming. Elite centers don't grow on trees and if you acquire one, it's going to cost a pretty penny. I like Plex as much as the next guy, but somebody has to go in order to make a deal.

The problem is that if you move Plex we STILL end up with only one legitimate top-6 centreman. Sure, Getzlaf is an upgrade. But the idea is not to have a #1A and then a bunch of #3s. If you want to really make this a team to be feared, you need a #1A in front of Pleks. Imagine the impact of rolling Pleks out as a 2nd liner and you see what I mean. Teams would reel from the Getzlaf-Plekanec duo.

To acquire a Getzlaf, think high picks, MaxPac, Cammy, Eller, plus secondary elements like Weber - in some combination.

The problem is that if you move Plex we STILL end up with only one legitimate top-6 centreman. Sure, Getzlaf is an upgrade. But the idea is not to have a #1A and then a bunch of #3s. If you want to really make this a team to be feared, you need a #1A in front of Pleks. Imagine the impact of rolling Pleks out as a 2nd liner and you see what I mean. Teams would reel from the Getzlaf-Plekanec duo.

To acquire a Getzlaf, think high picks, MaxPac, Cammy, Eller, plus secondary elements like Weber - in some combination.

Again, I agree that ideally we keep Plex and somehow acquire a #1C. But if there was no other way we could acquire a Getzlaf other than having Plex going the other way, I say that we do it. A team like Anaheim that is trading their #1 center is going to want something to fill that vacancy, and Plex can do that. Having Getzlaf-Eller/DD down the middle looks alot better than what we have now. I think that if Eller has a defined role of being a #2C, he will get comfortable and begin to thrive. He has been bounced around so much this year, playing on different lines, that it's hard for him to know what is expected.

One of these days I'm going to see an actual rumour in here. :) To answer the above question, Getzlaf plays less than a minute per game (0:51) shorthanded which is better than last year's 0:28. That suggests he's not the most reliable in that area.

Do you think the Ducks would take Max Pax Cammy and 1st next year (2013 draft)?

Honestly I think they believe they can get a better offer from other teams.

that is a horrible trade from our side... way to much given up... i think we are discounting plex's value across the league... he is in fact a poor man's datsyuk...

as for gomez... i am of the opinion that if he isnt moved he will be bought out at season's end with no cap hit during contract adjustments going into the new CBA (as was the case last time around)

that is a horrible trade from our side... way to much given up... i think we are discounting plex's value across the league... he is in fact a poor man's datsyuk...

as for gomez... i am of the opinion that if he isnt moved he will be bought out at season's end with no cap hit during contract adjustments going into the new CBA (as was the case last time around)

Datsyuk is a multi cup winner.

Habs fans over rate their players all the time.

I honestly think the Ducks could get better for Getzlaf players wise.

Datsyuk is a multi cup winner.

Habs fans over rate their players all the time.

I honestly think the Ducks could get better for Getzlaf players wise.

as stated earlier.... " a poor mans datsyuk"

we are a much better team with camm pacioretty and our 1st RD pick then getzlef alone.... the ducks wont get that much from anybody not named milbury

Has zero to do with over rating players. Getzlaf is a good player, 25 goal man so far in his career. Pacioretty and Cammalleri should combine for 50 minimum. And the suggestion includes a 1st rounder? It's not Corey Perry being discussed.

Has zero to do with over rating players. Getzlaf is a good player, 25 goal man so far in his career. Pacioretty and Cammalleri should combine for 50 minimum. And the suggestion includes a 1st rounder? It's not Corey Perry being discussed.

I agree. Getzlaf is more of a playmaker. If we don't have him with a guy like Perry with him, is he still going to get as many assists??

I want a dominate centre, but I want one that can do it on his own. I also don't like giving up too much for an expiring contract. It would be one thing, if we were going for it and Getzlaf could help us for two playoff runs. But to give up that much when we probably won't even make the playoffs this year, makes zero sense.

Getzlaf is a cup winner

Right handed centre

Pretty much a point a game player

6 foot 4 220 lbs

When healthy plays scores 25 +

Sorry guys like this are in very limited supply.

Getzlaf is a cup winner

Right handed centre

6 foot 4 220 lbs

Your not scared of getting a guy who has been hurt pretty regular the last few years to add to our Team Infirmary??

That, the fact that he is a playmaker more then a scorer and the expiring contract in 1 1/2 years would make me scared to give up too much for him.

Habs29 is right about the contract. It would be dumb to move huge assets to get a guy who could be gone in one year. Now, sometimes teams acquire a guy and immediately lock him up, presumably having had discussions with his agent prior to finalizing the trade. That's another matter.

Getzlaf is close but not quite a 'franchise player.' We're not talking Crosby or Ovechkin here. He is, however, easily a point-per-game guy and if we put him with, say, MaxPac or Cammy he's gonna keep putting up those kind of points. But that's one reason why he's a tricky trading foil - to get him you might have to move the very players who you need in order to get the most out of him. That, or Subban plus.

Habsy's right, too. We can get value back for guys like Cammalleri. However, Cammy's value will vary by team. If the Ducks are looking to rebuild, then he's not what they want. Conversely, a San Jose would probably be very interested in this proven playoff performer who will surely flourish playing with their top C and with Boyle on the PP. LA might also be interested. Basically, teams with designs on the Cup, not rebuilders.

Getzlaf is a cup winner

Right handed centre

6 foot 4 220 lbs

I agree with that... I love Getzlaf the player.

If he was signed, I'd do that deal.

But with only 1.5 years on his contract, I'm scared of it.

Getzlaf is a cup winner

Right handed centre

6 foot 4 220 lbs

We know all that. He's still never scored more than 25 in his career. The point is, the proposed deal is too much for my liking. And has nothing to do with over rating.

We know all that. He's still never scored more than 25 in his career. The point is, the proposed deal is too much for my liking. And has nothing to do with over rating.

Fair enough to each their own but look at what players like Hossa have got at the deadline.

Big strong top line forwards are the hardest commodity in the league.

With Jordan Staal and James Neal both injured, maybe Pittsburgh overpays for a guy like Andrei Kostitsyn?

The best we would get is a late 1st round pick - which I don't consider an overpayment. I'd much rather focus on trying to resign AK46.

The best we would get is a late 1st round pick - which I don't consider an overpayment. I'd much rather focus on trying to resign AK46.

If thats what they are offering, sure.

But desperate teams sometimes do silly things. I'd be making phone calls to see what they are offering.

Maybe they include a Beau Bennett, Eric Tangradi or Tom Kuhnackl in their offer.

Let's say that AK46's demands are onerous. He wants $4.5 mil, something like that. Or let's say that he is basically committed to sampling the UFA market. In other words, you can't resign him. At that point, and if we are in the playoff mix, do you trade him for a lower 1st-round pick, or do you keep him then lose him at season's end?