Dominic Moore in Montreal

rafikz

If it is more futures for a misguided run at the playoffs, this team is the new Leafs.

I don't think Moore is good enough for even a bad GM to add him on in the attempt to cover the loss of Andrei and Cammalleri. It looks to me like he was acquired to fill the center position because one of our centers is going to be traded. As I doubt we'd trade a 2nd for a C that will likely be no better than Metro or Laps, I think it's one of our top 2 Cs that's going, more likely Plekanec than Gomez. The problem with this theory is that Gauthier just said that he was trying to sign Plekanec.

Short of us landing something very strong, trading a 2nd for Moore is unpalatable, at best. I suggest Gauthier should win whatever deal he's up to next or he may be run out of Montreal very, very fast.

Yeah. No matter what's about to happen, I'd prefer to use Maxwell, Trotter, White or switch someone to C before giving up a 2nd for Moore.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the HW article. THis is worse then i thought! THey traded a #2 for Dominc Fxcking Moore??? AND he is going to be a UFA???? :puke: :angry: :angry:

Unless Moore is the one who is going to be moved as part of a bigger move, this is really a DUMB MOVE!

Edited by hab29RETIRED

My latest thought is that maybe Moore is to be used in a package for a team that wasn't lunatic enough to give up a 2nd rounder.

That would make some sense to me.

I still can't figure this one out.. He is worse then Metro, on par with Laps they way he is playing this year. He can in no way fill in for Plex or Gomez.

I could see this if he was signed cheap for a couple of years and they were moving Laps for a 2nd or something, but he is a UFA. We just gave us a 2nd round pick to have Moore for a couple of months... wow.. if the team is this screwed then we are the ones who should be dumping guys for picks and rebuilding.

My latest thought is that maybe Moore is to be used in a package for a team that wasn't lunatic enough to give up a 2nd rounder.

That's what i had just said. OTherwise even a 3rd rounder for Moore - a UFA would just be STUPID! Like i said, Antropov who was a BIG 20 goal centre netted the leafs a 2nd rounder last year.

"from failing hands we pass the torch" - PLEASE someone from the current players please look up when you're in the dressing room!

That sig. Hm.

Gainey's failing hand had the torch and passed it to...

...someone with no freakin arms??

2nd rounders aren't worthless, but I think you guys are overestimating their value. The success rate for 2nd rounders making the NHL isn't incredibly greater than the rounds below it, and it's a big drop off from Round 1.

Anyways, I think it's possible that a trade is coming on D, not at forward. Subban's call up is interesting. Maybe it was just precautionary, but given that a move has to be made (or else someone is now on LTIR, I guess), I could see a veteran D being dealt.

2nd rounders aren't worthless, but I think you guys are overestimating their value. The success rate for 2nd rounders making the NHL isn't incredibly greater than the rounds below it, and it's a big drop off from Round 1.

Anyways, I think it's possible that a trade is coming on D, not at forward. Subban's call up is interesting. Maybe it was just precautionary, but given that a move has to be made (or else someone is now on LTIR, I guess), I could see a veteran D being dealt.

My first thought with such a ridiculous trade was Hamr. But then, they insist we're going to make the playoffs, so trading Hamr would be suicide, honestly.

I dunno. Right now I have a feeling that I haven't had in a long time - I remember it well from the days of Rejean Houle: that slightly sick, helpless feeling that comes from watching the Habs do things that even the most casual fan can see are straightforwardly stupid. (Never once did Gainey give me this feeling, BTW). With the information we now have, this is a DUMB DEAL. And it's hard to see how any subsequent move can turn it into a sensible one. I'll refrain from total despair about what this says about the Gauthier regime until I see what comes next, but goddamn, I'm not sure I can stand another decade of the outright futility that a move like this portends.

Even the Subban call-up has me uneasy. Was Gauthier the force behind rushing prospects like Price as well? Open mind here, but I believe we should let Subban marinade for at least one full season in the minors.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I dunno. Right now I have a feeling that I haven't had in a long time - I remember it well from the days of Rejean Houle: that slightly sick, helpless feeling that comes from watching the Habs do things that even the most casual fan can see are straightforwardly stupid. (Never once did Gainey give me this feeling, BTW). With the information we now have, this is a DUMB DEAL. And it's hard to see how any subsequent move can turn it into a sensible one. I'll refrain from total despair about what this says about the Gauthier regime until I see what comes next, but goddamn, I'm not sure I can stand another decade of the outright futility that a move like this portends.

I have felt like this for 6 months.

LTIR isn't going to do anything for the Habs the rest of the way, the discrepancy between what's spent relative to non-bonus cap hit is simply too much to make up over the rest of the season.

This better be the bad news part of the trade, because Im pretty sure the we could of had a Moore type player on waivers or get one that presently isn't even under contract. 2nd round pick means the other teams were offering 3rd rounds. which means Gauthier HAD to get him for something else to happen. I'm excited!!!!

I don't like the price of this trade unless Gaulthier can recover the pick. Moore has downside but he does shot the puck like crazy from everywhere and he works hard. Is speedy and shifty too. I hope he fits like he's never fit anywhere before.

I have to believe there's more to this. Being over cap says it all. What are the penalties for being over cap? Forfeits?

Normally I'd put this in the rumour thread but since the Moore trade is news right now I figured I'd post it here.

According to Eric Engels of Hockeybuzz, he says the Canadiens could be on the verge of a trade. Patrick Caisse of Canoe.ca reports via Twitter, that he is now 99% certain the Habs are going to swing a deal for Alexander Frolov, and the deal should be announced Friday morning. He also says there is possibly two deals that could go down with the Montreal Canadiens. Yannick Weber and Matt D'Agostini is a name he keeps hearing could be sent to LA in the exchange.

hendrickshockey.com

Keep your eyes and ears open :popcorn:

I have felt like this for 6 months.

AWFUL, I am speechless, is this a sign of things to come WOW!!

2nd rounder for a 2 month rental, :

--- That puts you over your cap

--- Does not bring any value to table

--- Takes the spot of another younger player

--- We start giving away draft picks ( I dont care what the odds how successful or not they may or may not be), let your scouting staff do their work, take away these tools ( picks) what are you left, TO THINK GAUTHIER IS HEAD OF SCOUTING

--- Are we at beginning of recycling in players other dont want?

The teams that are at top of standings at present have built through draft, well managed cap, and making most use of assets ( trading upcoming UFA for draft picks, young prospects....)

NOT be the " also rans" trading picks for 4th line rentals? WOW

what is doing next: trading Plek/Kostit for FROLOV wow....NO NO NO....I live out west, and FROLOV is useless....

WOWOW....speechless!!

LTIR isn't going to do anything for the Habs the rest of the way, the discrepancy between what's spent relative to non-bonus cap hit is simply too much to make up over the rest of the season.

If that's the case (even with Kostitsyn applied retoractively?), and this trade goes down as is, then the Habs must be under the cap. Simple as that, really.

I have to believe there's more to this. Being over cap says it all. What are the penalties for being over cap? Forfeits?

Whatever the Habs are over the cap by this year, that amount will be deducted from next season's cap. Right now, that figure ain't pretty. As for the Frolov rumour, the deal as reported would immediately be vetoed by the NHL because of the cap situation.