GDT: Edmonton vs Montreal

dlbalr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutal tying goal... Cammy was tripped to start that play.. boys better get on their horses and get this win..

Even with the non-call, Subban cannot take himself out of the play like that with a 1 goal lead.

P.K., that move works in EA Sports. Life ain't a videogame.

But a heck of a shot by Gagner.

Yeah, McGuire is talking nonsense, Price played that perfectly and Gagner made an outrageous shot.

Watching the Oilers though, it is pretty easy to see why they give up a ton of goals. Their forwards are

always cheating and looking to release from the defensive zone

Edited by Wamsley01

What a pathetic performance in the 3rd and overtime. To lose like this against the worst team in the league is unacceptable (especially considering we had a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd).

These are the kinds of performances which make me think we aren't as good as our record might show!

Yeah, McGuire is talking nonsense, Price played that perfectly and Gagner made an outrageous shot.

Watching the Oilers though, it is pretty easy to see why they give up a ton of goals. Their forwards are

always cheating and looking to release from the defensive zone

That's exactly what McGuire said.

Habs 3, Oilers 2, refs 1, then Oilers 1. PK had a bad game. After the non call, and even on the game winner, he left the zone too fast before Cammy had good control of the puck. Can't fault Price on any of those goals, but I am sure sick of losing to bums, then beating contenders. This is going to bite them soon. As soon as Price cools down.

I usually don't whine about reffing, but this was a poorly called game. They called a few close ones against the Habs, then missed two crosschecks from behind and that blatant trip in the PP.

What a pathetic performance in the 3rd and overtime. To lose like this against the worst team in the league is unacceptable (especially considering we had a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd).

These are the kinds of performances which make me think we aren't as good as our record might show!

The difference between Montreal and Edmonton is the Oilers played with no fear.

There is a reason they are in last place and have the worst defense in the league. They have great speed

but their forwards cheat out of the defensive zone on almost every play.

They had a play where 5 Habs were in their zone or at the blueline, yet two Oilers were at the blueline

and Cogliano was free and clear off the screen.

The Oilers played that OT loose. What difference does it make if they lose? That is why they won.

That's exactly what McGuire said.

No, he said the Gagner looked Price off and that left the small opening for him to score.

Price played it perfectly and didn't bite on the pass option. Gagner made a perfect shot. Huge difference

Habs 3, Oilers 2, refs 1, then Oilers 1. PK had a bad game. After the non call, and even on the game winner, he left the zone too fast before Cammy had good control of the puck. Can't fault Price on any of those goals, but I am sure sick of losing to bums, then beating contenders. This is going to bite them soon. As soon as Price cools down.

I usually don't whine about reffing, but this was a poorly called game. They called a few close ones against the Habs, then missed two crosschecks from behind and that blatant trip in the PP.

Even so, if PK doesn't make a dumb rookie mistake, the Habs win the game 3-2.

You gotta live with the bad with Subban, he'll make up for it later on I'm sure. Still doesn't take the sting away though, that's for sure. Suffice it to say, he wasn't part of my HW 3 Stars tonight. :)

100% agree, but it was a dumb decision.

No, he said the Gagner looked Price off and that left the small opening for him to score.

Price played it perfectly and didn't bite on the pass option. Gagner made a perfect shot. Huge difference

But he gave credit to Gagner for making a great shot and never blamed Price at all. He just said that he got a bit fooled by Gagner look to the side - not sure I saw Price budge after that look - and then Gagner made a perfect shot. Most commentators probably would have said Price should have saved it.

I had him for 2 dumb decisions, didn't like him on the winner either.

Agree. He left the zone too fast. His pass went into a zone with 2 Habs and 2 Oilers. Cammy did not have full control of the puck and he was last man back.

Cammy gets a lot of free passes this year...wonder what his deal is.

It's the Plek Kostitsyn difference. If Gomez and Cammy had a bigger winger with skill, their numbers would be better. Most of his oportunities are from outside this year.

But he gave credit to Gagner for making a great shot and never blamed Price at all. He just said that he got a bit fooled by Gagner look to the side - not sure I saw Price budge after that look - and then Gagner made a perfect shot. Most commentators probably would have said Price should have saved it.

I don't know how anybody thinks a goaltender can save that shot.

I don't think he did get fooled. 9 times out of 10 the player will not make that shot.

Price is extremely sharp this season. Last season he was guessing on those plays and he was cheating off

the post and beginning his push off for the pass. Then leaving unnecessary openings.

He waited that out perfectly. He didn't drop early and he left him almost nothing to shoot at high or low.

He offered up maximum net coverage, sometimes a player makes a perfect shot.

Gagner made an unbelievable shot.

I had him for 2 dumb decisions, didn't like him on the winner either.

Yeah, didn't really watch the OT goal, kind of turned off the TV in disgust.

I noticed him in no-mans land when Cammalleri coughed it up.

I don't know how anybody thinks a goaltender can save that shot.

I don't think he did get fooled. 9 times out of 10 the player will not make that shot.

Price is extremely sharp this season. Last season he was guessing on those plays and he was cheating off

the post and beginning his push off for the pass. Then leaving unnecessary openings.

He waited that out perfectly. He didn't drop early and he left him almost nothing to shoot at high or low.

He offered up maximum net coverage, sometimes a player makes a perfect shot.

Gagner made an unbelievable shot.

Yeah, didn't really watch the OT goal, kind of turned off the TV in disgust.

I noticed him in no-mans land when Cammalleri coughed it up.

Agreed impossible shot and he had to be alert to a pass.

I love this team.

I can't beleive anyone is even mentioning Price. He could not have stopped any of those shots.

Anyway, that was the same old story when they don't show up. Half the game in this case.

Too many dumb penalties

Too many turnovers

No 5 on 5 offense, i know they had alot of shots but most were easy saves.

The defensive zone was terrible, especially Subban and Spacek, they were awfull last night.

When they run into a fast team it sure exposes how slow the defense is.

At some point, they wiill have to stop riding Price and win soem games by themselves.

I would play Auld tonight, Price back in Saturday afternoon. The team owes Auld 1.

For those blaming the refs, remember... Colin Campbell would've been called up by Tambellini for the refs calling such a soft call to put the Oil down 5 on 3 in a 3-2 game, and Stephen Walkom couldn't possibly put his boss through the annoying things that he had deal with when he was head of officiating.

And yeah, even after that trip, it was just a 2 on 2. Should have just resulted in a dump-in and that's it.

For those blaming the refs, remember... Colin Campbell would've been called up by Tambellini for the refs calling such a soft call to put the Oil down 5 on 3 in a 3-2 game, and Stephen Walkom couldn't possibly put his boss through the annoying things that he had deal with when he was head of officiating.

And yeah, even after that trip, it was just a 2 on 2. Should have just resulted in a dump-in and that's it.

Referee's don't determine games, they just make things more difficult for some teams to gather a victory.

In the 72 Summit Series the Canadian team had almost double the minor penalties the Russian's did in Games 6,7,8

and won all 3 games. In the 2002 Olympics the referees tried to hand the US Women's team the gold medal at home

by giving Canada 13 penalties including 8 in a row, Canada still won.

Like Saskhab said, if P.K. keeps his head on that play the Oilers would not have had an odd man rush.