GDT: Game 2, Habs vs Bruins

dlbalr

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the CBC is getting even worse. constantly talking about the Bruins.. might as well watch NESN.

Actually, that is what I am watching via the Internet here in Qatar. Their coverage is actually pretty balanced and insightful and their commentary team, at least the busty blonde, is a lot better looking than the CBC guys.:1gohabs::habslogo::1gohabs:

They actually said after Weber's goal that the Broons are blowing it. In contrast, " Weber wasn't even supposed to play tonight. But that's just how the Canadiens play in the playoffs... they get an opportunity on the counter-attack and bury it" Somehow, I don't imagine hearing that from the Don/:quebec:

The Bruins have made adjustments and are looking pretty good. It's up to the Habs to adjust in turn - or else the third is going to be a shooting gallery, on a night when Price looks good but not superhuman. The good news is we have a 3-1 lead :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: Boy, if we can win this thing, it'll be absolutely huge.

Versus here, they are quite good. Not sure I can take it to stay awake though... getting awefully tired atm and got lots to do tomorrow. You guys think we can still pull this off without me watching? :D

Versus here, they are quite good. Not sure I can take it to stay awake though... getting awefully tired atm and got lots to do tomorrow. You guys think we can still pull this off without me watching? :D

It appears we managed to. I'd have had a 3-Stars posted but with the site going down, I'm out of time now.

The Bruins have made adjustments and are looking pretty good. It's up to the Habs to adjust in turn - or else the third is going to be a shooting gallery, on a night when Price looks good but not superhuman. The good news is we have a 3-1 lead :thumbs_up::thumbs_up: Boy, if we can win this thing, it'll be absolutely huge.

Believe CC. You and I have been personally talking about the Devils model for 4 years. It took Gainey acquiring two ex-Devils to set the table, but he did it.

When will everybody get over the hurt of 1999-2009. This team continually out

Performs expectations.

Believe And adjust from there.

Unbelievable performance by the Habs!

Great use of our big dmen and smaller but fast forwards:

Our dmen stay high on the blueline and stop/slow down the Bruins big forwards entrance while our forwards go behind the dmen in the zone to clear the puck or cover while the dmen retreat back. Nice perseverance by our forwards along the board. There is a size/strength disadvantage for sure, but we're able to win many battles. Nice to see guys like Plekanec work hard and win battle.

Scary moment when Wiz fought despite his broken face. Warrior.

Some will say it's cowardice...but I love the non-reactions of the habs tonight, Wizard aside.

100%. Look at the Canucks. Total, absolute composure regardless of what happens. THAT'S the poise you get from winning teams. The Bruins? Whining, frustration, letting it get to you - that's how you lose.

Wamsley called it. The Devils model. It is awesome to witness. :habslogo:

If anyone feels like writing a "3 stars of the game" recap, this is your chance. We don't have a writer to cover tonight's game. If you don't have a website writer account, email me your article at m.gauthier@habsworld.net and I'll post it for you and credit you. Here's the 3 stars from Game 1 if you need a model: http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=2460

Any chance Pouliot sits? Assuming AK comes back? I liked what Weber brought, over and above the goal he scored. The Bell Center is going to be off the hook, insane!

Well, I wasn't really expecting to be coming out of Boston with two games in the bag.

YEAHHHHH HABS. They have been playing simply terrific TEAM hockey. Kudos to our coaches.

Can you imagine how Boston feels????? DOWN 2-0 and heading to Montreal!! :wall:

Any chance Pouliot sits? Assuming AK comes back? I liked what Weber brought, over and above the goal he scored. The Bell Center is going to be off the hook, insane!

I'd prefer they treated the Weber performance as a welcome surprise but still go with actual forwards and sub Weber out.

It's amazing how bad Boychuk actually is when he doesn't have Chara covering his butt. Shane Hnidy? Jeez, I have new appreciation for Paul Mara and Alex Picard.

Kaberle played a good game but they needed a great game from a defender and didn't get it. And they got several bad games.

I was very happy with the Pyatt Eller line. Eller looked really good today, and Pyatt was tenacious and fast. I have always said that to win, you need a shutdown guy. I think Pyatt can turn into that guy. He is so fast and agressive, and rarely makes high risk plays. He isn't there yet, but maybe next year or two. It's hard to score when some guy is buzzing with the puck in your end and not giving up no matter what.

Haha ok this was a funny line I heard from a newspost about last nights game:

"The habs win was embellished"

With that out of my system, I'm happy, but really, what Price said was great "two wins is not four", I really think JM will not let them get cocky. It's easy to be happy with JM now that he's winning, and I have to admit to being someone who was not happy with his style, and I have to eat a large plate of crow. I still maintain my critics of his choses regarding rookies and benching, but for now I cede to him.

The Bruins aren't winning this series. Nothing suggests to me that they can beat Montreal 4 out of 5 times, with 3 games in the Bell Centre, and all momentum on Montreal's side.

I'm not as confident for the second round as I am against Boston though.

The Bruins aren't winning this series. Nothing suggests to me that they can beat Montreal 4 out of 5 times, with 3 games in the Bell Centre, and all momentum on Montreal's side.

I'm not as confident for the second round as I am against Boston though.

The series isn't won yet but I fully expect that the Habs will take it, be it in 4,5,or 6 games. I'm not so concerned about round 2 yet, just enjoying the 2 game lead against a team that was 'supposed to' sweep in 4.

If / when we make it to round 2, I think this series against Boston will be a huge building block moving forward and I have a lot of confidence in our guys.

Can't wait for Monday nights game in MTL.

The confidence in the Boston locker room must be steadily eroding, now the Habs have 2 games with the home town crowd to further energize them.

Edited by BrenDittero

The series isn't won yet but I fully expect that the Habs will take it, be it in 4,5,or 6 games. I'm not so concerned about round 2 yet, just enjoying the 2 game lead against a team that was 'supposed to' sweep in 4.

If / when we make it to round 2, I think this series against Boston will be a huge building block moving forward and I have a lot of confidence in our guys.

Can't wait for Monday nights game in MTL.

The confidence in the Boston locker room must be steadily eroding, now the Habs have 2 games with the home town crowd to further energize them.

Yeah, anything we can happen, but I feel really confident that Boston won't beat Montreal with the style their playing. If Boston starts trapping, maybe they'll come back.

Yeah, anything we can happen, but I feel really confident that Boston won't beat Montreal with the style their playing. If Boston starts trapping, maybe they'll come back.

That would be the smart move but I think that Boston are of the opinion that they played well but didn't get lucky. I think they'll focus on their turnover problem and lack of Chara last night.

They'll probably come to the conclusion that they weren't playing physical enough and look for answers in the wrong places.

Just guessing here, but I don't think the Bruins will realize they got out played and out coached.

I'm very happy about the win, but this was the worst officiated game of the Playoffs so far, and I've pretty much watched all the games except the ones on at the same time as ours.

If you want a definition of double standard this was it. This game is also shows exactly why Montreal was the most penalized team all year. I base my opinion on what they call on us, and by using those examples last night I counted about 11 penalties that Boston committed based on what they call on us. Now don't get me wrong I hate games that are constantly stopped to call weak penalties, I would much rather they let them play and only call the very obvious ones, but I'm not gonna be one of those people who complains about the refs when we loose, there is a serious problem here and eventually there going to hand the game to the other team.

Edited by SOOPAVILLIN