Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

10 minutes ago, DON said:

Tuch isnt much of a prospect, is he?

He seems like he can forecheck and be physical, but thats about it isn't it?

That is why I wondered whether he might want an AHL try-out to try and show he can be an effective pro.

30 minutes ago, DON said:

Tuch isnt much of a prospect, is he?

He seems like he can forecheck and be physical, but thats about it isnt it?

The couple of times I saw him in person, I was really impressed. I think he rounds into an NHLer. 

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

The couple of times I saw him in person, I was really impressed. I think he rounds into an NHLer. 

He is 22 and it his 4th year in the NCAA, he should stand out.

Hope your right, i still doubt it.

(thought same about Struble, so what do i know)

2 hours ago, revvvrob said:

IMHO Habs should sign him and see how they ca trade him to BUF to play with his brother. You know, in a package

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

IMHO Habs should sign him and see how they ca trade him to BUF to play with his brother. You know, in a package

If the Sabres want him, his brother need only say don't sign with Montreal and come see us in August.

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Umm, why wouldn’t just wait until August instead and retain control of his destiny??

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

If the Sabres want him, his brother need only say don't sign with Montreal and come see us in August.

Not only that but how bad would the organization look to sign a guy in good faith and then trade him a few months later without giving him a legitimate shot in your organization. Hughes would not do that. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Not only that but how bad would the organization look to sign a guy in good faith and then trade him a few months later without giving him a legitimate shot in your organization. Hughes would not do that. 

Agreed ... not his "brand".

5 hours ago, DON said:

He is 22 and it his 4th year in the NCAA, he should stand out.

Hope your right, i still doubt it.

(thought same about Struble, so what do i know)

Tuch is the type of player who should have some success playing a heavier game.  He profiles as someone who might be a better fit in the pros than in college (just like Struble in that sense).  I don't think his ceiling is too high but there's a bottom-six winger profile in there.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Tuch is the type of player who should have some success playing a heavier game.  He profiles as someone who might be a better fit in the pros than in college (just like Struble in that sense).  I don't think his ceiling is too high but there's a bottom-six winger profile in there.

Agreed. He was just so solid when I saw him in person. Granted - super small sample size - only 2 game. But he stood out. Not on the score sheet - but in impacting the game. 

that said - I only think NHLer - I’d bet 3rd line is his ceiling. 

Engstrom may be ready for North America hockey soon'ish'.

Timrå IK at Rögle BK 2:00 pm - SHL First Round (best-of-3)

Adam Engström -

... 1g1a in 17:18 in 4-1 win :clap:

Speaking of Reinbacher, his team won't have to play the relegation series after all so his season in Switzerland is now officially over.  He could be recalled to North America in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DON said:

To Laval or Habs?

Both are legitimate options.  I think they'll stick him in Laval and let him get his feet wet down there over being put into the defensive rotation in Montreal.  Having said that, if they decide it's better for him to be a lock to play at the Worlds, they could opt to put him with the Habs, play him nine games or less (to not burn a year of his contract), and then give him a couple of weeks off before that tournament begins.  Then he goes and plays 20 minutes a night for Austria through mid-May.

Kapanen 1g, 1st playoff game win best of 3.

Mesar 1g2a 5 shots 6/12 vs Guindon 0pts 1 shot 8/16

Beck 1a 6 shots 14/28

1 hour ago, DON said:

Engstrom 0pts 15:28; 3-2 playoff win.

Wonder if he will be headed to Montreal/Laval soon'ish'?

Meet Adam Engström, the Montreal Canadiens' Most Underrated Prospect (youtube.com)

Engstrom is a wonderful skater, Habs are so deep in LD prospects.  

4 hours ago, Dalhabs said:

They just advanced to the quarterfinals so they will play for a few more weeks at least.

OK thanks

Hutson 1a 5 shots

Tuch 1g1a 6 shots

Xhekaj 1a 0shots 14/22

Beck 2a 1 shot 7/14 start of 3rd period

Guindon 0pts 4 shots 6/12 strart of 3rd

I am excited on seeing what this young man can do in North America once he comes over. I think he will be another exciting prospect to follow in the AHL