Injury news

Commandant

Is there any word on Kassian?

Until his rehab doctors clear him, there won't be anything about him (even the foot injury). As part of the SABH program terms, the player, team, league, and NHLPA cannot make any public statement (aside from the press release) about the player until the player has gone through the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: Where does Kassian go when he's healthy? Rehab? haha jk, but do we sit him upstairs? 2nd line might use a good kick in the ass?

He should get a chance if he is "doing all the right things" shouldn't he?

I would love to see what he could do, sober, dedicated and driven to succeed, playing on Chucky's wing...

No doubt. But from what I hear, and have seen all over Miami this off-season, AG likes the nightlife too..not so sure those two would be a good match? I'd love it if they were though

Nothing wrong with a young person enjoying themselves on their off-days.

There's a line though, and Kassian had been crossing it before he was of legal age to drink.

Nothing wrong with a young person enjoying themselves on their off-days.

There's a line though, and Kassian had been crossing it before he was of legal age to drink.

Oh my god not drinking underage. Tell us it isn't so. HaHa we all drank underage. Especially if you were fortunate enough to be involved in organized sports. Some of us got over it and some wrecked their lives, which in my opinion was going to happen anyway. Losers lose winners win. Choose what you want to be.

Some people are more susceptible to addiction... not everyone's brain chemistry is the same... its not as simple as some got over it, some wrecked their lives. Its not as much of a choice as you make it out to be.

Quick question: Where does Kassian go when he's healthy? Rehab? haha jk, but do we sit him upstairs? 2nd line might use a good kick in the ass?

First he'll accept a 2 week conditioning stint in the AHL. Then he'll play on the 4th line. Where he goes from there is up to his play.

^ of course, all of that depends on there being a roster spot open at that time. If there are no injuries when he comes back, he'll probably be waived immediately.

Some people are more susceptible to addiction... not everyone's brain chemistry is the same... its not as simple as some got over it, some wrecked their lives. Its not as much of a choice as you make it out to be.

ok it just was for me. We all go through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, I lived with my Aunt and Uncle when I was 10 to 16 . My Uncle a provincial court judge who guaranteed I would be in jail by 20, well I am 61 years old and have never been in jail nor will I ever be. To me the choice was simple. I may have done a lot of goofy things but I never screwed it up so that I couldn't fix it.

ok it just was for me. We all go through the trials and tribulations of being a teenager, I lived with my Aunt and Uncle when I was 10 to 16 . My Uncle a provincial court judge who guaranteed I would be in jail by 20, well I am 61 years old and have never been in jail nor will I ever be. To me the choice was simple. I may have done a lot of goofy things but I never screwed it up so that I couldn't fix it.

I don't know you, so I don't know which camp you fall in (Though its likely a little of column a, and a little of column b IMO)

a) Some might say good for you, you recognized a problem and turned your life around before it became too big a problem.

b) some might say you are lucky genetically cause the things you did might have caused an addiction in someone else, but hadn't done so in you.

I don't know you, so I don't know which camp you fall in (Though its likely a little of column a, and a little of column b IMO)

a) Some might say good for you, you recognized a problem and turned your life around before it became too big a problem.

b) some might say you are lucky genetically cause the things you did might have caused an addiction in someone else, but hadn't done so in you.

and C: some might say that I am my own man and while I have lead a hell of a fun filled life have never allowed things to get off track thought they may have been a little askew at any given time. I really don't have much time for excuses. I take responsibility for my actions and live with the consequences. Both of my parents were alcoholics and it would have been easy for me to find a dozen reasons to fork up big time but I didn't because I respect myself. Everybody should try that. Respect yourself, treat yourself like you think you would want to be treated. May sound crazy but it works.

Until you've walked a mile in another man's shoes, how do you know its an excuse?

Drugs and alcohol effect everyone differently... they might have some pull on you... but on someone else, due to differences in brain chemistry the pull might be more, and much harder to resist.

Kassian's going to get help, I commend him for that... I'm not going to say he's a bad person for having an addiction though, its not as simple a choice as you make it out to be.

Until you've walked a mile in another man's shoes, how do you know its an excuse?

Drugs and alcohol effect everyone differently... they might have some pull on you... but on someone else, due to differences in brain chemistry the pull might be more, and much harder to resist.

Kassian's going to get help, I commend him for that... I'm not going to say he's a bad person for having an addiction though, its not as simple a choice as you make it out to be.

Ya know this has gotten way off track of the topic. My personal life has no bearing on this. I have not condemned Kassian, I started this as a rebuttal to underage drinking which happens all the time. Because some one was drinking while underage does not mean that he will be an alcoholic ,some will some won't, there is no way to tell. However I will say that people don't like to take responsibility for their own actions and they find excuses to justify their actions. I simply say that is wrong. Take responsibility deal with the problem and get on with life. That is what I really hope Kassian does. But if it is in a Habs sweater I will be a little surprised. And actually from what I understand , I don't know this for a fact, but at his counseling sessions they will be talking a lot about him taking responsibility for his actions.

The unfortunate thing about these cases, is it seems to take a lot of tries for people to come out of addiction. It's a huge process. Hopefully for his career sake, Zach is able to deal with it this time. For his own sake, it's a good thing that he is going through the full program. Even if he never plays another game. Getting healthy is what matters

Because some one was drinking while underage does not mean that he will be an alcoholic ,some will some won't, there is no way to tell.

Indeed. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that countries with low drinking ages or lax laws (many prohibit underage purchases, but minors are free to drink, providing an adult with them purchases for them) have no higher rates of alcoholism and lower rates of binge drinking than countries that are very strict about such things (Canada, USA.)

Kassian is a basket case and I doubt that he will ever be a significant player for us, but I too hope he recovers and rebuilds his career. He is down to his final chances - either with us later this season, or with some other team willing to take a flyer on him next year, perhaps on a PTO.

From the ridiculous to the sublime: what is the word on the injury to Carey Price?