Injury news

Commandant

It's not a problem.

Think the habs will be a top 5 pick (or whatever deal was struck with the nhl for the scott trade to land #1)

I would be happy with Tcachuk, Mathews or either finn

That would at least be a source for hope going forward.

Since this team seems cursed in every way, I'm sticking with my prediction that we do NOT fall low enough in the standings to bag one of the first-tier prospects, whomever they may be.

Anyone who believe this sorry-ass bunch of insipid, chance-blowing schmucks is a credible threat to make the playoffs is smoking some quality stuff. I want some.

Hahahahaha! :blush:

Your not a Belieber?

Like that one too! Ha!

www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/price-favours-right-leg-breaks-stick-during-morning-skate~801202

3 plus months..and seeing this video...I hate to speculate..but 3 months is:

1. 2nd degree MCL

2. Loose cartilage/ meniscus

But at this stage would show progress.

Based on my own knee surgery and around these type of injuries..

There is more to it than what the habs are leading us all to believe.

I am very surprised that no one has even mentioned or looked at this closely in terms of challenging the team.

Are we seeing Price dealing with an acl tear?

He can't even push off his right knee.

If it is an acl..which looks like it..shut him down and get him into surgery..and into 6 to 8 month rehab.

If this is the case..by March we will find out for him to be ready for start of the 2016 season.

But surely the team would have already had surgery if it was an ACL.

So probably it still is an MCL and reoccurring meniscus / cartilage...

But this isn't looking anywhere close for him to be back unfortunately

Guest Stogey24

Shut him down!

He's already done.

There was no reason for him to even be skating yesterday. How he benefits from hobbling around out there, I don't know.

There was no reason for him to even be skating yesterday. How he benefits from hobbling around out there, I don't know.

Sure there is. Don't you think he wants to come back? He's not sitting there thinking about how the team can tank easier with him out of the lineup; players want to play.

Guest Stogey24

Sure there is. Don't you think he wants to come back? He's not sitting there thinking about how the team can tank easier with him out of the lineup; players want to play.

Tanking has nothing to do with him not skating. They showed him wincing the entire time. He couldn't lift his leg to do a crossover, no pressure on the right side. How is him being on the ice benefitial at all to his recovery if he's in pain the entire time?

Tanking has nothing to do with him not skating. They showed him wincing the entire time. Couldn't lift his leg to do a crossover, no pressure on the right side. How is him being on the ice benefitial at all to his recovery if he's in pain the entire time?

Yesterday was the first instance where he was wincing/struggling (at least that I've heard of) so there was no reason for him not to at least start his skate yesterday. At the first sign of struggles, he's not going to want to shut it down. Like a lot of athletes, he'd want to try to push through it, at least to some degree. Is it beneficial to his recovery? Short of learning what in particular he's now struggling with, not really, but he's still going to want to skate. Now, it's up to Montreal's doctors to assess whether he needs to shut it down for a bit, long-term, or if it was just a minor thing and keep going.

He was hurt on November 25th.

I think that at this point, whatever he injured is not recovering via the traditional rest/rehabilitation route. These things don't usually take 3 months to come back from without a surgery being involved. The fact that its been nearly 2.5 months and he's limping around the ice the way he was is very concerning.

Get surgery now, be ready for october. The program he is on doesn't seem to be helping.

The part that scares me is that last week he squating on one leg and shooting pucks, now he can barely move... Something is up

At the very least, inflammation is what's up...that's what happens when you push it a little too hard during rehab. I've had to rehab after a knee operation, and have experienced it first-hand; you have setbacks sometimes when you get too aggressive in your rehab and cause swelling. He will now have to back off until the inflammation subsides, and then return to the process with a bit more caution. It's pretty common.

I think that at this point, whatever he injured is not recovering via the traditional rest/rehabilitation route. These things don't usually take 3 months to come back from without a surgery being involved. The fact that its been nearly 2.5 months and he's limping around the ice the way he was is very concerning.

Get surgery now, be ready for october. The program he is on doesn't seem to be helping.

I always suspected Price aggravated his MCL and possible meniscus..

MCL recovery depends on degree..1, 2 or most serious 3Rd degree sprain.

All cases can be recovered without surgery.

MCL 3Rd degree sprain...takes at least 8 weeks if not 3 plus months..all can do is wait and rest..

I have gone through it twice..the knee is vulnerable with lateral movement and can extend meniscus damage and even ACL tear..

It doesn't appear Price is wearing a brace..

In rare occasions on 3Rd degree MCL sprain..the ligament gets stapled or procedure to aid in securing it if not healed..or if scar tissue has occurred

This is the issue with a goalie and relying on lateral movement and stress on the MCL and LCL..

So the time period is in line with recovery without surgery..

Either way..I wouldn't be rushing him and I dont see him returning before mid March.

In that case, the rehab program was probably designed by Therrien, like everything else that's failing.

I always suspected Price aggravated his MCL and possible meniscus..

MCL recovery depends on degree..1, 2 or most serious 3Rd degree sprain.

All cases can be recovered without surgery.

MCL 3Rd degree sprain...takes at least 8 weeks if not 3 plus months..all can do is wait and rest..

I have gone through it twice..the knee is vulnerable with lateral movement and can extend meniscus damage and even ACL tear..

It doesn't appear Price is wearing a brace..

In rare occasions on 3Rd degree MCL sprain..the ligament gets stapled or procedure to aid in securing it if not healed..or if scar tissue has occurred

This is the issue with a goalie and relying on lateral movement and stress on the MCL and LCL..

So the time period is in line with recovery without surgery..

Either way..I wouldn't be rushing him and I dont see him returning before mid March.

Mcl for me finished my almost career. I never had the operation cause 45 years ago it was a whole lot different than today. I still have problems with my knees getting up and down.

If he thinks it hurts now, wait until he is my age and has to stop half way upstairs until the knee is ready for the rest. Stupid knees. Blew mine at age 36 in nets. Never been the same, never will be. I just hope this is something that isn't going to end his career early. A goalie with a bad knee is not going to be of any use.

Everything didn't go to plan with Lessio evidently. Now they're saying he's out 2-3 weeks (which still isn't bad considering how much trouble he was having standing up).

Jeez didn't they say the same thing about Price? I don't know how much you can believe out of this bunch.