Injury news

Commandant

Exactly. You have to test the muscle at some point. I'd rather it happen now and get any possible uncertainties (or yips, even) out of the way now when it's not going to matter much. I'm not saying give him nine games out of ten to finish the season here but a couple of games in April isn't a bad thing. If it turns out it hasn't healed and that surgery is needed, then he can have it and be ready for next year. I'd rather find that out now than in September and the only real way to find that out is to play him a little bit if he eventually is ready to come back this year.

You guys actually think, they do not know what stage he is at? Come on wake up. This is 2016 not 1976, the doctors know where he is at. He can work out at the rink, he will be working out all summer, you know that right? There is absolutely zero upside to putting him in a game right now. Ahhhh just my own stupid opinions.

You guys actually think, they do not know what stage he is at? Come on wake up. This is 2016 not 1976, the doctors know where he is at. He can work out at the rink, he will be working out all summer, you know that right? There is absolutely zero upside to putting him in a game right now. Ahhhh just my own stupid opinions.

What about the mental side for Price? Suppose he doesn't come back this year so his first real game action is in October. Will he be tentative or hesitant early on so as to play it safe with the knee? Lots of players are when they first come back from injury. I'd rather him battle through some of that now when the games aren't as important. Practice is different than a game. So I'd call that one possible upside.

I'm inclined to believe that he's not going to come back until he's 100%...and practices for a while after getting the green light. They're not going to rush him back to play when they're out of a playoff spot. They're not going to be risking further injury if they play him for a few games (which is all I'm advocating, not a full #1 starters workload).

What about the mental side for Price? Suppose he doesn't come back this year so his first real game action is in October. Will he be tentative or hesitant early on so as to play it safe with the knee? Lots of players are when they first come back from injury. I'd rather him battle through some of that now when the games aren't as important. Practice is different than a game. So I'd call that one possible upside.

I'm inclined to believe that he's not going to come back until he's 100%...and practices for a while after getting the green light. They're not going to rush him back to play when they're out of a playoff spot. They're not going to be risking further injury if they play him for a few games (which is all I'm advocating, not a full #1 starters workload).

Yeah what ever but that is what we have a pre-season for.

It's not about game shape. It's about testing the knee in game in April. Doctors have given the green light before, only for the athlete to need surgery. I would want to find that out in April and get on with the surgery. Not in September only to throw away 6 more months next year.

So by your thinking HR, you likely think Subban, Galchenyuk and Pacioretty should go on a 6 week vacation starting now and avoid any sharp objects or risky activities till October.

So by your thinking HR, you likely think Subban, Galchenyuk and Pacioretty should go on a 6 week vacation starting now and avoid any sharp objects or risky activities till October.

That is a very good idea Don, I am glad you came up with that.

Price says he's confident that he'll play again this season. Also stated that he won't play in the IIHF Worlds due to his baby being due at the end of April.

Guest Stogey24

when did he learn how to do that? Was he taking lessons? Next you are going to tell me he grew 12 inches.

Something grew when Therrien was told Desharnais was skating again.

Should rest Galchenyuk as well.

Hope Gallagher nothing serious.

Eller also didn't practice. The fact that they didn't call anyone up suggests that they figure at least one of them will play tomorrow.