Injury news

Commandant

53 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

Struble back at practice. He's a Beast! 

"Regarding his injury in Pittsburgh, Jayden Struble tells us that he felt something in his back while accelerating ... It was painful at the time but he quickly knew in the treatment room that it wasn't serious."

25 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

"Regarding his injury in Pittsburgh, Jayden Struble tells us that he felt something in his back while accelerating ... It was painful at the time but he quickly knew in the treatment room that it wasn't serious."

Maybe a pinched nerve. Struble needed help to move. 

Still back stuff is crippling and hopefully this is just a one off. 

Gallagher not at practice today, but RHP is:

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Gallagher not at practice today, but RHP is:

Assuming Gallagher is on a "therapy day" ... does Roy go back to help Laval, do Pezzetta or Ylonen go on waivers, or is there a trade in which one more player goes "out" than comes "back"?

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Assuming Gallagher is on a "therapy day" ... does Roy go back to help Laval, do Pezzetta or Ylonen go on waivers, or is there a trade in which one more player goes "out" than comes "back"?

I hope Roy goes back. He has NHL potential but he would have a better development opportunity in LVL than in MTL

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Considering that Gallagher was banged up pretty good last night, they could just as easily go to him and say we'd like to place you on IR for a week, just to be safe.  That opens up the Harvey-Pinard roster spot and after the trade deadline, there aren't any roster size limits.  Gallagher gets a few days to truly rest up and they avoid any roster issues in the process.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Gallagher was apparently hurt against florida.

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope Roy goes back. He has NHL potential but he would have a better development opportunity in LVL than in MTL

Disagree completely.

Other than being papered down so that he can play in the AHL playoffs he needs to stay in Montreal for every NHL game he can play 

Hes getting 2nd line minutes.

Hes succeeding in those minutes, and his analytics show that he is actually helping his linemates at both ends. Hes helped both Newhook and Armia to better 5v5 results.

Hes scoring points and playing a 200 foot game.

In fact its not crazy to think Roy-Dach-Newhook is a line next season. And even if they find a better winger for that line, at the very least, he should be a third liner next year.

Keep him up as long as possible.

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

White (UBI) to IR.  That opened the spot for Harvey-Pinard to be activated.

So back to no true centre on the 4th line.

Important for D&D to be skating regularly by the end of the season in order for them to have a normal summer preparing for training camp ... with Allen gone, White could come off IR at any time without causing a roster issue.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Important for D&D to be skating regularly by the end of the season in order for them to have a normal summer preparing for training camp ... with Allen gone, White could come off IR at any time without causing a roster issue.

There are no roster limits now, just call up limits (and the cap).

The 23 man limit is gone as of the trade deadline.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can we please just sit him until he doesn't need treatment every practice day ... don't care if he is playing well, the health of an emerging young player is more important to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Can we please just sit him until he doesn't need treatment every practice day ... don't care if he is playing well, the health of an emerging young player is more important to me.

And sit Suzuki for 1 game also, simply to get rid of that ironman streak, am sure he is or has played though stuff for no good reason but the streak, wouldnt you say?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DON said:

And sit Suzuki for 1 game also, simply to get rid of that ironman streak, am sure he is or has played though stuff for no good reason but the streak, wouldn't you say?

I don't think that Suzuki has been sitting out every practice recently, and I-M-O a bit different sitting a player who is on an "iron man" streak ... however, as much as I admire such players, I do also wonder whether at some point they play when they shouldn't for the "ego" of maintaining the streak.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

It could be that those days off are exactly what the new medical team is recommending. We don't know whether there is a minor injury or whether they are just making sure he has enough rest to make it to game 82 without being exhausted.

10 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It could be that those days off are exactly what the new medical team is recommending. We don't know whether there is a minor injury or whether they are just making sure he has enough rest to make it to game 82 without being exhausted.

Obviously the medical/training staff is recommending it ... but when the Habs describe it as a "therapy day" it clearly implies some sort of treatment is involved, not just rest.

5 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Obviously the medical/training staff is recommending it ... but when the Habs describe it as a "therapy day" it clearly implies some sort of treatment is involved, not just rest.

It could be. Or it could be just obfuscation like the dreaded "lower-body injury"! Long gone are the days when we'd actually know whether someone is seriously injured or not.

White practiced in a non-contact sweater.

18 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Have the Habs ever said "rest day" for any player?  I think therapy day is just the generic term they use for missing practice without an injury reason.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...