Canadiens @ Hurricanes - Nov. 23/11

bar

<p align="center">

89033_Hurricanes_Canadiens_Hockey.jpg

<p><br />

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center">90.png

<!-- enemy team jersey image here http://www.jerseydat...ts/1/9/1922.png -->

</td>

<td align="center">

70.png <!-- http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/69.png HOME http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/70.png away -->

</td>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" colspan="2"><b><u>Projected Lines</u></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center">Carolina Hurricanes:</b></td>

<td align="center">Montreal Canadiens:</b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Ruutu - Staal - Skinner <br />

LaRose - Jokinen - Ponikarovsky <br />

Tlusty - Sutter - Dwyer <br />

Sutter - Brent - Stewart <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Harrison - Faulk <br />

Allen - Gleason <br />

Kaberle - McBain <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Ward <br />

Boucher

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea" align="center">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Cammy - Plekanec - Gionta <br />

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole <br />

Gomez - Eller - Palushaj <br />

Moen - Nokelainen - Darche <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Gorges - Subban <br />

Gill - Weber <br />

Diaz - Emelin <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Price<br />

Budaj<br />

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Stat Leaders:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals:</b> Skinner (9)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Skinner (12)<br />

<b>Points: </b> Skinner (21) <br />

<b>+/-: </b>jokinen (+3)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals: </b>Pax (9)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Plekanec (15)<br />

<b>Points: </b>Plekanec (20)<br />

<b>+/-: </b>Gorges (+10)<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Team Stats/Notes:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%" >

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>8-11-3<br />

<b>Scratches:</b> <br />

<b>Injuries: </b><br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>9-9-3 </b><br />

<b>Scratches: </b> <br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Markov, Campoli, White, Spacek, AK<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500" height="57">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" width="100%" height="19">

<b>Puck Drop:</b> 7:00 PM EST<br />

<b>TV: </b>TSNHD-A,RDSHD<br />

<b>Radio:</b> TSN990, FM 98,5

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

I'm really not liking that Cammalleri-Pleks-Gio line. Gio has scored in the past couple of games only when paired with Gomez. I would have paired them together. Here's hoping to a win, I am really fed up of being outside of a playoff position.

Canes were embarrassed last week.

Now they are at home.

I'm sure they are gonna come out with a ton of energy in the first 10 minutes. If we want to win the game we certainly have to weather that first ten minutes.

They are still an NHL team, and full of NHL players... these guys if they have any sense of pride will want to show the last game was a fluke, so I expect a strong push to start the game. Habs will have to weather the storm.

Price starts in net, which i'm suprised by with the Flyers and Penguins back to back this weekend and 4 games in 6 days overall this week.

Why are you surprised? You play Price today and against the Pens. Play Budaj against the Flyers. Budaj has played well.

The habs just need to keep playing hard. They are solid defensively know matter who the D are out there, Price has given up 1 goal in 3 games and yet somehow he is 2-1. They need to bury there chances offensively, stay out of the box and score on the PP.

No reason they can't win 2 out 3 this week.

Got it. I am just not a big fan of playing Price back to back. It gives the team an excuse not to show up the second game.

I don't have the stats, but an observation is when Price plays alot o hockey in a short period of time he normally lays an egg towards the end of the stretch.

I think Budaj has been solid, his team didn't show up the first 2 periods against the Isles.

I'm really not liking that Cammalleri-Pleks-Gio line. Gio has scored in the past couple of games only when paired with Gomez. I would have paired them together. Here's hoping to a win, I am really fed up of being outside of a playoff position.

i dont mind the line with 13, 14 and 21 at all, but for lack of production from "superstar" Cammalleri, it cant hurt to insert Gomer there. What is the diff between a $6m overrated bum or a $7.4m one, very little it seems?

But i guess Cammalleri will at least wake up in April, just hope it aint on the golf course.

Should be a close game, Ward is anther good goalie and Skinner is hard to stop.

Need Subban to stop the dumb turnovers and keep it simple, just lucky Price is one good goalie and keeps bailing him out.

For what it's worth, if Price does play back-to-back days this week, he'll have an extra 4 hours off between games as the Friday game is a 3pm EST start. A 1/6th day off must count for something, right? -_-

Needless to say, a win tonight would be big. You can see why that stat about teams not in the playoffs at this time of the year, rarely actually make it. It's so tough, with parity, the 3 point games. And DON, I find you're being a tad harsh on Cammalleri.

Got it. I am just not a big fan of playing Price back to back. It gives the team an excuse not to show up the second game.

I don't have the stats, but an observation is when Price plays alot o hockey in a short period of time he normally lays an egg towards the end of the stretch.

I think Budaj has been solid, his team didn't show up the first 2 periods against the Isles.

He's allowed 1 goal in three games. The team desparately needs points and needs to string together a few wins. My guess is if Montreal was in 7th place, Budaj would be playing.

Needless to say, a win tonight would be big. You can see why that stat about teams not in the playoffs at this time of the year, rarely actually make it. It's so tough, with parity, the 3 point games. And DON, I find you're being a tad harsh on Cammalleri.

Yes i am a bit harsh on Cammalleri, but 2 year he is looking like he is headed for less than 20 goals, i think he will break out sooner or later (snipers are all streaky i know), but am more disappointed in him than Mr. Gomez and if he can happen to wake up and score occasionally it would really help.

Canes were embarrassed last week.

Now they are at home.

I'm sure they are gonna come out with a ton of energy in the first 10 minutes. If we want to win the game we certainly have to weather that first ten minutes.

They are still an NHL team, and full of NHL players... these guys if they have any sense of pride will want to show the last game was a fluke, so I expect a strong push to start the game. Habs will have to weather the storm.

Price starts in net, which i'm suprised by with the Flyers and Penguins back to back this weekend and 4 games in 6 days overall this week.

Yeah so this wasn't weathering the storm i had in mind.