Fire Pierre Gauthier

C-Love

I am actually a Gauthier supporter. This is one of the few moves that I actually disagree with. Sure I understand the need to bolster the PP to which we are dependent and I understand the need to save your job and try to get to the playoffs now but the long term consequences is what scares me.

None the less I like what Gauthier has done since taking over. He got bigger, younger and did what Gainey could not do.....finally brought over Emelin.

I am actually a Gauthier supporter. This is one of the few moves that I actually disagree with. Sure I understand the need to bolster the PP to which we are dependent and I understand the need to save your job and try to get to the playoffs now but the potential long term consequences is what scares me.

None the less I like what Gauthier has done since taking over. He got bigger, younger and did what Gainey could not do.....finally brought over Emelin.

fixed.

Stop talking about andrei markov like he's a horse. Yes, his knee is hurt. No, you can't shoot him.

Markov has been our defensive ace since 2000-01 - what have any of us done for this team ever?

What you're seeing now is our future on defence getting way more prep time than any other team is willing/able to give their young players, and we're still hanging close to the playoff bubble.

Gauthier cannot be fired for being loyal to who is historically the best D-man in our system since big bird retired.

He can be fired for soooooo many other reasons. Just not this one.

Oh, I like this thread! I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. Will it happen now?

P.G Has done a good job for the most part. The Kaberla trade was a great one! we got younger and got a proven pp guy and only add 400k more to the cap. With campoli coming back and if a big if used right could really help us then flip him and diaz at the trade deadline for a young cheap stay at home bottom pairing d man we save money and could get bigger and add another hitter back there. That leaves us with markov, kaberla gill, p.k, gorges, boom and weber and a new guy acquired at the dead line. The team would be in great shape younger, cheaper, bigger and room to sign gorges to an extension.

Colin,

try also in times of needing variety:

I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf. I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf. I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf.I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf.I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf.I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf.I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf. I manifest the acquisition of Getzlaf.

Oh, I like this thread! I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. I prophesize the acquisition of Getzlaf. Will it happen now?

Looks like the days of Mr. Gauthier are numbered. Mr. Molson is going to pull Mr. Plug on him shortly. I really wonder who the next GM is going to be. I really have no idea if he'll do ma good job but I really wan Pierre McGuire to get that title. Either he is as good as he says or he fails miserably and we don;t have to hear the bragging again.

If that loud mouth is ever hired, I see us returning to the dark age of Corey/houle.

Looks like the days of Mr. Gauthier are numbered. Mr. Molson is going to pull Mr. Plug on him shortly. I really wonder who the next GM is going to be. I really have no idea if he'll do ma good job but I really wan Pierre McGuire to get that title. Either he is as good as he says or he fails miserably and we don;t have to hear the bragging again.

How about fire Geoff Molson? Terrible decisions. My take.

http://aconcernedfan.com/?p=83

It's premature to panic, but the bass-ackwards way in which this whole business has been handled makes me wonder if we are on the precipice of a Harold Ballard-style era of managerial chaos in Montreal. Molson is an unknown and the preliminary indicators are troubling.

As usual, the Cucumber brings up a good point. Let's face it, Geoff Molson, is, er, a Molson! I seriously doubt he revolutionized the selling of BEER. Where'd he get the money to buy the team? The answer is obvious. And today he comes out with the next coach must be bilingual. Which we all knew was going to happen anyway.

How about fire Geoff Molson? Terrible decisions. My take.

http://aconcernedfan.com/?p=83

You wanted Martin to be fired despite the fact that there was no good replacement available. Now that he's been fired and been replaced (with one of the better, and yet still very underwhelming, choices out there) you think a massive mistake has been committed and that the GM and owner need to change before more massive mistakes are committed. It seems like you've made a total 180 (reminiscent of Mike Boone after Carbo was fired). The only justification I see for that is that you wanted a long-term coach to be chosen because giving Cunneyworth an 'interim' title puts added pressure on Gauthier to make a panic move to save his job.

You wanted Martin to be fired despite the fact that there was no good replacement available. Now that he's been fired and been replaced (with one of the better, and yet still very underwhelming, choices out there) you think a massive mistake has been committed and that the GM and owner need to change before more massive mistakes are committed. It seems like you've made a total 180 (reminiscent of Mike Boone after Carbo was fired). The only justification I see for that is that you wanted a long-term coach to be chosen because giving Cunneyworth an 'interim' title puts added pressure on Gauthier to make a panic move to save his job.

Exactly. If you're going to fire someone, name a coach, not an interim. If you don't, it makes everything look weak. Makes everyone wonder. If Gauthier is really on his last gasps, then rather than try to patch, fix the entire problem and re-work things. It's not a 180 in the least. Regardless of what happens with the GM, Martin had to go. He couldn't adapt, the players no longer liked it, the team was brutal. The mistake is the interim thing for sure. It's Mickey Mouse.