Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Would Kadri be realistic target to Habs and would Leafs demand too much for him?

Leafs probably want too much, I think he would be a part of the Big rebuild in TO. He is an rfa after this season. A number 1 draft choice, 7th overall, looks like a 50-60 point man. I have never gotten a good feel about Kadri, but he can skate and the points are ok. I am not sure if he fits on our team. Just a feeling no facts to back it up. What are your thoughts Don?

Still kicking tire at Edmonton.

I like Eberle,cuz he is what i believe a big occasion game maker,

To get him Habs would need to give a lot.

If Edmonton would ask for our best forward,center, they would probable ask 27.

Way to much to give, except if we add Draisaitl to the mix...

They ask for a D and a élite prospect goalie.

Impossible, maybe, but i thune Eberle would give a better chance for the cup this yearling than Gally.

Draisaitl is an élite prospect built for habs mode. Yes it Will hurt to see Galchenyuk highlight but ...25...

Kadri seems like a player that might help offense, but the whole RFA contract thing may be an issue, I don't know what strings attached and why would Leafs even deal a 24 yr old, improving skilled player?

But just wondering is all, why might the whole herd of Habs Mgmt guys would take such a close look at Leafs game the other day?

Kadri seems like a player that might help offense, but the whole RFA contract thing may be an issue, I don't know what strings attached and why would Leafs even deal a 24 yr old, improving skilled player?

But just wondering is all, why might the whole herd of Habs Mgmt guys would take such a close look at Leafs game the other day?

The RFA thing doesn't bother me, but I just don't see the leafs letting him go. I think they are going to want a 1st and .....???

The RFA thing doesn't bother me, but I just don't see the leafs letting him go. I think they are going to want a 1st and .....???

From this article : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/kelly-shanahans-scorched-earth-leafs-plan-wins-mlse-support/article22938348/

This season has allowed management to identify a new core of players it wants to keep – Morgan Rielly, Jake Gardiner, Jonathan Bernier, William Nylander. Nazem Kadri and James van Riemsdyk are still considered valuable because of their youth. There are some favourites, but no one – not even a budding star such as Mr. Rielly – is untouchable."

Brian, you may be right about Stewart, but I disagree wholeheartedly about Lehkonen. A quality prospect eh? I doubt he ever has an impact in the NHL...ever

Lehkonen's had a couple of decent-to-good WJC's and is having a decent season in the Swedish League (started really hot before going cold so decent seems appropriate overall). Accordingly, I imagine he'd have the perception around the league as a quality prospect.

Our varying opinions of his potential aside (I could see him on a two-way third line down the road...there are a few Montreal prospects I have that opinion about), he should have greater value league-wide than a throw-in at this stage. He's still only 19 so scouts' opinions can't have soured that badly that fast.

McCarron night be same boat as far as NHL projection, slim chance to be an impact player. But can be said for the vast majority of teenager draft picks.

And Timmins still seemed quite pleased with Lehkonen development this year.

McCarron night be same boat as far as NHL projection, slim chance to be an impact player. But can be said for the vast majority of teenager draft picks.

And Timmins still seemed quite pleased with Lehkonen development this year.

Wasn't Timmins "really pleased" with Collberg last season?

Seems like the best way to boost the value of a prospect who is slightly floundering is for Timmins to come out and say "I'm really excited about this kid."

The more I think about it....It's not Eberle from Oilers I would go after...but Yakupov..

I see both players every night here...and Yakupov gets a bad rap! He works hard every game. He plays on the 3rd line most of the time in the past,

If you look at his stats, his stats in the NHL are almost identical to Galchenyuk:

yak: 37 GOALS IN 172 GAMES

Galch: 38 GOALS IN 170 GAMES

YAK: 76 points to Galchenyuk : 94 points

Keeping in mind, the difference in the teams, but similar TOI and 3rd line duty with some top line minutes

I dont see many available players out there that would help MTL. without giving up anything substantial for a rental. A longer term player with youth on his side and willing partner to trade with is what I would target. I keep coming back to the OILERS

they want to build future, and maybe do a similar kind of deal as Buffalo, plus who knows hey can minus the present to maybe get better shot at Connor Mcdavid,hmmm what Sabres did and appears Toronto are doing..

So here we go:

Tinordi ( oilers want a big presence with youth on Def...- who doesnt?)

Fucale ( young goalie prospect)

1st round 2015 or 2016 : mtl choice depending where they draft

Dont give up a roster player...above 2 current prospects have had 'bumps' in their development but have value to a team like the oilers. and a low first round pick...

I would do this trade! given the current roster wouldnt change ( well other than Tinordi to a minor extent)

if want Petry added to trade, MTL can return back something else (?)

Oilers are looking for a Centre with size and defense. MacT would for sure ask for JDLR...which MTL wont trade. ELLER maybe?

as you can see...there is opportunity for a trade to happen here... or if EBERLE, like earlier trade proposal with Eller.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones NOT MADE...(keep thinking back to the GOMEZ trade and RYAN McDonagh ) --- still will always be ticked on that one!!

I've been pushing for Yakapov since last year. With his recent production, it may be harder to trade for him now.

I'd try and focus a deal around our 1st, Eller and two prospects, not including scherbak, Mccarron, Tinordi, and deLarose.

The more I think about it....It's not Eberle from Oilers I would go after...but Yakupov..

I see both players every night here...and Yakupov gets a bad rap! He works hard every game. He plays on the 3rd line most of the time in the past,

If you look at his stats, his stats in the NHL are almost identical to Galchenyuk:

yak: 37 GOALS IN 172 GAMES

Galch: 38 GOALS IN 170 GAMES

YAK: 76 points to Galchenyuk : 94 points

Keeping in mind, the difference in the teams, but similar TOI and 3rd line duty with some top line minutes

I dont see many available players out there that would help MTL. without giving up anything substantial for a rental. A longer term player with youth on his side and willing partner to trade with is what I would target. I keep coming back to the OILERS

they want to build future, and maybe do a similar kind of deal as Buffalo, plus who knows hey can minus the present to maybe get better shot at Connor Mcdavid,hmmm what Sabres did and appears Toronto are doing..

So here we go:

Tinordi ( oilers want a big presence with youth on Def...- who doesnt?)

Fucale ( young goalie prospect)

1st round 2015 or 2016 : mtl choice depending where they draft

Dont give up a roster player...above 2 current prospects have had 'bumps' in their development but have value to a team like the oilers. and a low first round pick...

I would do this trade! given the current roster wouldnt change ( well other than Tinordi to a minor extent)

if want Petry added to trade, MTL can return back something else (?)

Oilers are looking for a Centre with size and defense. MacT would for sure ask for JDLR...which MTL wont trade. ELLER maybe?

as you can see...there is opportunity for a trade to happen here... or if EBERLE, like earlier trade proposal with Eller.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones NOT MADE...(keep thinking back to the GOMEZ trade and RYAN McDonagh ) --- still will always be ticked on that one!!

Guest Stogey24

Same here. Been saying it for a while. I've been watching a decent amount of Edmonton games recently. Everyone says Yak is a huge dogger, but I don't really see it. He could be more aware in his own end, but that will come. Even still he'd a nice fill for that RW void for years to come. Probably more of an off season move, more than a trade deadline acquisition

Under the right system yakupov is a 40 goal scorer. It's just Edmonton put a bunch young guys together and expected them to be good right away. Look at how we have brought in gal. If yakupov was brought in the same way he would be a much better player today.

What about shifting dynamics quote a bit:

Trade 1 - Eberle acquired for Emelin and Tokarski. Condon moves up to the big club and Tinordi becomes the hitter as a third d pairing with Gilbert or Gonchar. Beaulieu has clearly developed this past month and is a fast becoming a bonfide 2 nd pairing. I think the team has been happy with Tinordi as of late.

Trade 2 - Sekera joins the fold, for Pateryn and a 3rd rounder. Fits the salary structure and can play in all situations as required. Shores up the D again. Not a major cost for a rental. But he's good, so it's gonna cost.

What about shifting dynamics quote a bit:

Trade 1 - Eberle acquired for Emelin and Tokarski. Condon moves up to the big club and Tinordi becomes the hitter as a third d pairing with Gilbert or Gonchar. Beaulieu has clearly developed this past month and is a fast becoming a bonfide 2 nd pairing. I think the team has been happy with Tinordi as of late.

Trade 2 - Sekera joins the fold, for Pateryn and a 3rd rounder. Fits the salary structure and can play in all situations as required. Shores up the D again. Not a major cost for a rental. But he's good, so it's gonna cost.

It has been said many times but why would Emelin waive his NTC to go to Edmonton? I also don't see Edmonton (or anyone) having interest in Tokarski right now.

As for Sekera, the asking price right now is a 1st rounder + a prospect. While I expect the price to come down, it's going to be higher than a late 3rd and a 24 year old d-man on the fringes.

Guest Stogey24

It has been said many times but why would Emelin waive his NTC to go to Edmonton? I also don't see Edmonton (or anyone) having interest in Tokarski right now.

As for Sekera, the asking price right now is a 1st rounder + a prospect. While I expect the price to come down, it's going to be higher than a late 3rd and a 24 year old d-man on the fringes.

I swear to God if someone says Emelin to Edmonton again

I didn't know Emelin wrangled a no trade clause. That's insane. Wow.

I think Tokarski should have a number of suitors. Including Edmonton.

Sekera, ok. Then a third round and Pateryn. Pateryn is still considered a player on the rise and young, no? But that my max for a rental. If he re-signs, there's a conditional bump for second rounder instead of a third.

Edited by dreegking

I didn't know Emelin wrangled a no trade clause. That's insane. Wow.

Sekera, ok. Then a third round and Pateryn. Pateryn is still considered a player on the rise and young, no? But that my max for a rental. If he re-signs, there's a conditional bump for second rounder instead of a third.

Full NTC for Emelin for this year and next, partial after that.

Pateryn's not really a player on the rise. He's nearly 25 with just a handful of NHL games under his belt and isn't having anywhere near as good a season in Hamilton as he did last year. Plus, he's waiver eligible next year and has something of a 'poison pill' in his deal in that next year's salary is one-way (which for a player with just a few NHL games will scare budget teams off). By himself, he's at most worth a 3rd rounder and I think that's on the optimistic side.

Sekera just went for a 1st plus a better prospect than Pateryn in Roland McKeown. (I think LA overpaid here...)