Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

6 minutes ago, DON said:

Like Bode Wilde (2018 41st pick) Isles, or maybe Helge Grans (2020 35th pick) from the Kings? 2 names i saw tossed out there, not a clue if either are available or worth what cost would be? But, on paper are big young RH d-men would seem like good fit.

Wilde's unvaccinated (that's why he was loaned overseas last year) so there's no possible way he's an option beyond the fact he's not very good.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:08 AM, Meller93 said:

Interesting, I find his stats line pretty impressive. At 19 and 20 he was top 3 in team scoring in arguably the 3rd best league in the world as a d man. At 21, in his first season of NA hockey, he produced close to .5ppg in the AHL. It all screams potential to me.

As for his low NHL numbers, I pay them no heed, as low ice time is literally why he’s requested a trade. 

I think Lunqvist has potential to be something like Ryan Ellis

outside international competition, he has not burned the leagues he has played in. He is , "meh" . the SHL

image.png

19 hours ago, DON said:

Like Bode Wilde (2018 41st pick) Isles, or maybe Helge Grans (2020 35th pick) from the Kings? 2 names i saw tossed out there, not a clue if either are available or worth what cost would be? But, on paper are big young RH d-men would seem like good fit.

I would love to have Dante Fabro, not sure what it would take to get him

36 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would love to have Dante Fabro, not sure what it would take to get him

Fabbro was third in 5-on-5 TOI for the Preds last season ... so not likely to be cheap ... although he is not a special teams fixture ... hardly any PP time (0:09/gm) and 5th amongst regular defencemen on PK (0:58).

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Fabbro was third in 5-on-5 TOI for the Preds last season ... so not likely to be cheap ... although he is not a special teams fixture ... hardly any PP time (0:09/gm) and 5th amongst regular defencemen on PK (0:58).

Minute eating RD with upside 

I’m in 

12 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Minute eating RD with upside 

I’m in 

At 24, entering his 5th NHL season, I'm not certain how much "upside" is left.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Those are outstanding shl numbers for an 18 and 19 year old defenceman.  Nothing meh about them.

What would you think would be fair trade to Rangers for him? 

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

Those are outstanding shl numbers for an 18 and 19 year old defenceman.  Nothing meh about them.

I just saw my sentence got cut off. I agree, the SHL numbers look good and Inwas going to say in my post that I didn’t know how to interpret those 

2 hours ago, DON said:

What would you think would be fair trade to Rangers for him? 

this article says Mysak and a 7th D. I would send Mysak and Schueneman (if the NYR also value him as a 7th D) or Wideman (whom is a cheap contract).

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-fit-for-rangers-nils-lundkvist/

On 9/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, DON said:

Hope this young fella has had great off-season, but does seem log-jam at wing, for the moment.

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/09/jesse-ylonen-a-prospect-on-the-hot-seat/

I dont know if Ylonen would be equal value, or highest bid Rangers get for the young RH d-man.

Detroit, Ottawa, Vancouver have been mentioned as other possible landing spots for the Swede.

8month old video on Lundkvist;

Ok, Ok. He seems to be as exciting as PK was in the minors. He certainly looks interesting.

Thanks for sharing !

After reading more about the Lundkvist kid, I would send Norlinder and Mysak to the NYR for him.

Norlinder has the potential to be a similar player from the left side but is not as NHL ready.

Mysak is at his highest value in years after a good showing in the last tournament. He is not big nor elite and may eventually be a 3C, which is a role the Habs now have sufficient depth at.

A bit of an overpay from the Habs, but it would get it done

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I just saw my sentence got cut off. I agree, the SHL numbers look good and Inwas going to say in my post that I didn’t know how to interpret those 

They are definitely good numbers, 25 goals and 63pts in 97 games  for a 18-19 year old defensemen in the SHL is impressive.  I don't think there is any question about his offensive ability/mobility, the questions may be more about his defensive abilities, I am sure the Habs have inquired. 

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Piece 1: Mysak or Ylonen

Piece 2: a 5th or 6th rounder

If they would accept Ylonen I might even go for a 4th

• 2 weeks later...

So ... see if GMs will give up their 2026 first as a 2nd piece in any deals???

Some may not even expect to be in the same job by then.

P.S. - Mostly kidding ... exceptional status is no guarantee of NHL success.

Seems like there are rumblings in Ottawa that their 3rd pair is not set and that they tried unsuccessfully to unload Zaitsev this summer

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/2022-09-29/rondelle-libre/peu-de-places-pour-les-jeunes-finalement.php

To Ottawa: Armia ($3.4M/3yrs = $10.2M total) and Fairbrother

To Montreal: Zaitsev ($4.5M/2yrs = $9M total) and Guenette

The Habs unload Armia for veteran RD, save $1M total and get an RD longshot.

The Sens get rid of Zaitsev, get a bottom-6 winger that fits their mold better, albeit at a $1M more total but better spread out on the salary cap. They get a depth LD that I think has a better shot in Ottawa than in Montreal

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Seems like there are rumblings in Ottawa that their 3rd pair is not set and that they tried unsuccessfully to unload Zaitsev this summer

https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/2022-09-29/rondelle-libre/peu-de-places-pour-les-jeunes-finalement.php

The Sens get rid of Zaitsev, get a bottom-6 winger that fits their mold better, albeit at a $1M more total but better spread out on the salary cap. They get a depth LD that I think has a better shot in Ottawa than in Montreal

I think all that HuGo would care about is that the Habs would add $1.1M on the cap for each of the next two seasons, and they are already VERY close to the LTIR-adjusted cap ceiling ... although they do get rid of $3.4 for 2024-25, so the lesser term might be of interest ... the best reason to do it would be to add a veteran RHD who has played 22+ minutes in 4 of his 6 seasons, either replacing Edmundson roster-wise if Joel's injury drags on, or adding depth so that only one of the youngsters (at a time) would have to be in the NHL.

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I like the idea but making the money work at the start of the year would be tricky for the Habs.  Closer to the trade deadline, however, once the selling off begins and there's a bit more cap room, this could the framework of a reasonable trade.  I think they'd take on an extra million for 23-24 to save $3.4 million in 24-25.

• Like 1

Rumblings Cale Fleury may be headed to waivers...

https://thehockeywriters.com/kraken-mailbag-new-mascot-prospects/

---

I would love to make the following trade, convincing the SEA to swap contracts instead of loosing Fleury to waivers:

To SEA: Wideman ($762k/'24) and Fairbrother

To MTL: Fleury ($750k/'23)

SEA gets a 7th D with NHL experience that can help on the PP, and also a depth LD that can become a 6th or 7th

MTL replaces Wideman with a young 3rd pair RD on the cusp that could play up on the second pair until Edmundson is healthy (I remember him as a minute eating D)...

yes, I see the whole on RD, but Leskinen, Barron or Bowey can play there for a month or so until Edmundson is back

================

that was kind of dumb... let try instead:

To SEA: Fairbrother (Already in the AHL)

Let SEA get a depth D instead of loosing Fleury for nothing

Edited by alfredoh2009
changed my mind

51 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Rumblings Cale Fleury may be headed to waivers...

https://thehockeywriters.com/kraken-mailbag-new-mascot-prospects/

---

that was kind of dumb... let try instead:

To SEA: Fairbrother (Already in the AHL)

Let SEA get a depth D instead of loosing Fleury for nothing

Why trade for Fleury when they can just claim him on waivers with the top priority?  I'm pretty sure Seattle isn't worried about whether or not they'd lose him; he cleared without an issue last year and isn't coming off a particularly good season.  I doubt anyone would jump the queue and trade for him to make sure they get him and to be honest, I don't think Montreal would claim him if he went on waivers.

I agree with what Brian said. 

I also see no reason to get rid of Wideman.  He's on a cheap contract and can play NHL minutes if the kids aren't ready, so we don't have to force them into the lineup.  He's a perfectly fine placeholder while we are rebuilding. 

He's shown capable of handling NHL minutes, something Fleury hasn't. 

52 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I agree with what Brian said. 

I also see no reason to get rid of Wideman.  He's on a cheap contract and can play NHL minutes if the kids aren't ready, so we don't have to force them into the lineup.  He's a perfectly fine placeholder while we are rebuilding. 

He's shown capable of handling NHL minutes, something Fleury hasn't. 

Agreed ... PLUS ... he could possibly be a classic depth defenceman come trade deadline.

On waivers today, finally some RDs:

BOS: Carrick

VAN: Juulsen