Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

9 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Changing the coach is always the easy short term solution. This is basically the same team that made the Stanley Cup semi finals last year. They have little cap room flexibility and other GM's can smell desperation. This team is basically all in with McDavid/Draisaitl in their prime and new contracts for them not that far on the horizon. I think the next couple weeks will determine whether changes are made.  

It is the same team, but they don't have the offense bailing them out this year.  It's easy to keep goals against down when you're riding the momentum of scoring a lot.  I think the next couple of weeks will determine if the Oilers can make the playoffs or not.  Either way I think changes will be made, McDavid and Draisaitl are in the prime, so they have to worry about squandering it and either of them wanting out.  Draisaitl only has 2 more years left and McDavid only has 3 on their contracts. 

38 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

It is the same team, but they don't have the offense bailing them out this year.  It's easy to keep goals against down when you're riding the momentum of scoring a lot.  I think the next couple of weeks will determine if the Oilers can make the playoffs or not.  Either way I think changes will be made, McDavid and Draisaitl are in the prime, so they have to worry about squandering it and either of them wanting out.  Draisaitl only has 2 more years left and McDavid only has 3 on their contracts. 

The sputtering offence may also be an effect of changing defensive systems and the resulting struggle to adjust. 🤷‍♂️ Whatever it is, if I'm the GM I am absolutely ruthless with the coach. There is not much time to fart around and as others point out, the Oil have very little wiggle room to make trades.

Sometimes a blast of adversity like this can actually help a team in a Cup year - but first they have to get through it.

18 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Well, I'd be willing to give them Gallagher if they give us Campbell and McDavid.

(UPDATING NOW THAT CAMPBELL HAS BEEN WAIVED)

Let's have fun with that idea:

(BEFORE) To EDM: Gallagher (RW $6.5M to 2027), Montembeault (G $1.0M to 2024) =$7.5M for one year, $6.5M thereafter

(AFTER) To EDM: Allen (G $3.85M to 2025) and Ylonen (RD $0.775M to 2024)

(AFTER) To Montreal: Campbell (G $5.0M - $1.125 = $3.875M to 2027), Lavoie (RW $0.874M to 2024)

Edmonton gets a streaky goaltender that would probably thrive behind a run n' gun, high scoring team like EDM. Gallagher this year may provide them a short term boost

Montreal gets a lower cap bad contract in Campbell and replace Gallagher with Lavoie. Foegele is the contract to take back to make things work for EDM and the price to pay for dumping Gallagher.

Edited by alfredoh2009
after waivers of Campbell

3 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let's have fun with that idea:

To EDM: Gallagher (RW $6.5M to 2027), Montembeault (G $1.0M to 2024) =$7.5M for one year, $6.5M thereafter

To Montreal: Campbell (G $5.0M to 2027), Lavoie (RW $0.874M to 2024), Foegele (LW $2.75M to 2024) = $8.624M for one year, $5M thereafter

Edmonton gets a streaky goaltender that would probably thrive behind a run n' gun, high scoring team like EDM. Gallagher this year may provide them a short term boost

Montreal gets a lower cap bad contract in Campbell and replace Gallagher with Lavoie. Foegele is the contract to take back to make things work for EDM and the price to pay for dumping Gallagher.

Can we add Price to that trade? The cost of taking Campbell? 

I would consider 🤔

21 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Can we add Price to that trade? The cost of taking Campbell? 

I would consider 🤔

Price can be replaced by using his place for. Someone else by using  LTIR. Campbell you are stuck with and would have to buy out. So no way would I want Cam

• Like 1

another trade, for the romantic in me:

To MTL: M-A Fleury (G $3.5M to 2024) and Spacek (LD)

To MIN: Allen (G $3.85M to 2025) and Norlinder (LD)

Montreal gets Fleury to retire with the Habs, fit better in a 3-goalie rotation and help Montreal's young goaltenders. They also get a long-shot LD that does not need waivers for longer than Norlinder

Minnesota gets a more reliable goaltender in Allen to help them for a couple of years; they also get a LD prospect that is closer to the NHL and that may provide depth to their aging roster.

34 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Price can be replaced by using his place for. Someone else by using  LTIR. Campbell you are stuck with and would have to buy out. So no way would I want Cam

We would be free of both Gallagher and Price and we can stick Campbell in the minors for a 4 million cap hit for three years. 

Not a plausible scenario anyway but it seems worth it to me

19 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We would be free of both Gallagher and Price and we can stick Campbell in the minors for a 4 million cap hit for three years. 

Not a plausible scenario anyway but it seems worth it to me

Or actually use Campbell.  He would be going from 2 high-pressure situations in Toronto and Edmonton, to a low pressure situation in Montreal.  He might rebound enough to be serviceable(tradeable w/ salary retention at some point in the future).  Edmonton has a reputation over recent years of being a goaltender graveyard.  It's possible the Campbell that showed flashes of brilliance in the LA years and early Toronto years is still there.  A year in the minors and another shot in the NHL in case of injury or next year might do him well.

13 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Or actually use Campbell.  He would be going from 2 high-pressure situations in Toronto and Edmonton, to a low pressure situation in Montreal.  He might rebound enough to be serviceable(tradeable w/ salary retention at some point in the future).  Edmonton has a reputation over recent years of being a goaltender graveyard.  It's possible the Campbell that showed flashes of brilliance in the LA years and early Toronto years is still there.  A year in the minors and another shot in the NHL in case of injury or next year might do him well.

that is what I thought, to use Campbell

interesting news:

20 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

that is what I thought, to use Campbell

interesting news:

I just saw that myself.  They are either calling up Rodrigue, or more likely, trading for a goalie.  As they are only carrying one goalie, if it is a trade, it’ll be announced in the next 24 hours or less to allow for travel time.

Edit: Seravalli is reporting they are calling up Pickard.  This makes no sense, Campbell is being replaced by a minor league goalie as punishment for Skinner’s play the last couple of games?  I hope someone with a bigger hockey brain than me can understand this move as it only saves $344k in cap space.

Here is the updated trade proposal is Campbell clears waivers:

(UPDATING NOW THAT CAMPBELL HAS BEEN WAIVED)

To EDM: Allen (G $3.85M to 2025) and Ylonen (RD $0.775M to 2024)

To Montreal: Campbell (G $5.0M - $1.125 = $3.875M to 2027), Lavoie (RW $0.874M to 2024)

Edmonton gets a veteran goaltender that can stabilize their goaltending problems. Ylonen is a good bottom-6 player that may do better in Edmonton when surrounded with more talented players.

Montreal gets Campbell burried in the AHL where he can help Laval. Lavoie is an upgrade on Ylonen and the price to take on Campbell's contract. This move helps the Habs better manage the goaltending jam in the NHL

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

A question for those that know the cap stuff better than I do. How much do the Oilers save by sending him down? Thanks for the reply.

https://puckpedia.com/salary-cap/minimum-nhl-salary-buried-cap-hit

54 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

A question for those that know the cap stuff better than I do. How much do the Oilers save by sending him down? Thanks for the reply.

It's $1.15m, but Pickard is coming up, so the net savings is $384k.  Still makes no sense to me.

Although tonight’s abortion isn’t helping this case, I think we should be looking at trading them Allen. Maybe get a quality prospect or young FW back - assuming they have any. 

27 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Although tonight’s abolition isn’t helping this case, I think we should be looking at trading them Allen. Maybe get a quality prospect or young FW back - assuming they have any. 

Bourgault is having a better year in the minors this year.  He's their best prospect not in the NHL.  RW with high offensive upside. 

Not a proposal but I was thinking about Huberdeau having another mediocre year in Calgary and I wondered if there is an opportunity there. 

Cap hit of 10.5 million for 7 years with no movement clause of one form or another. Would he want to play in Quebec?

Flames must be crapping their pants 

Is there an opportunity for the Habs to take Huberdeau? at a cost of course. That contract sure is scary. 

Is Huberdeau a 40 point player or a 100 point player that just needs out of Calgary? Could he transform the Suzuki line? 

Would dumping Gallagher and Armia and getting Huberdeau plus a prospect/pick be worth the risk? Would Calgary consider it?

Just spitballing 

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Not a proposal but I was thinking about Huberdeau having another mediocre year in Calgary and I wondered if there is an opportunity there. 

Cap hit of 10.5 million for 7 years with no movement clause of one form or another. Would he want to play in Quebec?

Is there an opportunity for the Habs to take Huberdeau? at a cost of course. That contract sure is scary. 

Is Huberdeau a 40 point player or a 100 point player that just needs out of Calgary? Could he transform the Suzuki line? 

Would dumping Gallagher and Armia and getting Huberdeau plus a prospect/pick be worth the risk? Would Calgary consider it?

Just spitballing 

Calgary probably would entertain a trade, but not for 2 cap dumps.

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Just spitballing 

I don’t want a Huberdeau at that price for 7 years. Getting rid of Gallagher for a worst contract that runs longer makes zero sense. I see Huberdeau closer to be a dependable 75 point guy (not a 115 or 90 point guy), and that’s before not accounting for aging and declining over the next few years. Not worthy the risk. We only have one more year of Armia to put up with, so moving him shouldn’t be part of the discussion.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I don’t want a Huberdeau at that price for 7 years. Getting rid of Gallagher for a worst contract that runs longer makes zero sense. I see Huberdeau closer to be a dependable 75 point guy (not a 115 or 90 point guy), and that’s before not accounting for aging and declining over the next few years. Not worthy the risk. We only have one more year of Armia to put up with, so moving him shouldn’t be part of the discussion.

Yeah that contract is down right scary but is there a package that makes HuGo consider it?

Imagine if Huberdeau went back to the 100 point guy after joining us. 

Significant risk , significant reward but to be strapped with that contract if he can’t put up points any more would suck.