Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

27 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

RNH, Hyman, Kane and Nurse all have FULL No Movement Clauses, as does McDavid ... Draisaitl only has a 10-team NTC; before anyone gets excited I'm betting the other 6 Canadian teams are on that list.

Ignoring the nigh-unto-impossible to trade Jack Campbell, the players without NTC/NMCs with AAVs over $1M are Ekholm ($6M), Bouchard ($3.9M), Ceci ($3.25M), Foegele ($2.75M) ans McLeod ($2.11M).

Almost ANY trade to significantly alter the Oilers fortunes will have to be AAV-in, AAV-out ... Holland, by his (and Chiarelli's) own doing, doesn't have much to offer.

Unrelated to the conversation but I was considering a leaf trade proposal so I went on their cap friendly and holy beans 96% of the leafs have no movement clauses lol. 

No trade/no movement sure do muck up trades. 

As for Edmonton, they are in a no win situation and I think they will need to pay to shed salary. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

RNH, Hyman, Kane and Nurse all have FULL No Movement Clauses, as does McDavid ... Draisaitl only has a 10-team NTC; before anyone gets excited I'm betting the other 6 Canadian teams are on that list.

Ignoring the nigh-unto-impossible to trade Jack Campbell, the players without NTC/NMCs with AAVs over $1M are Ekholm ($6M), Bouchard ($3.9M), Ceci ($3.25M), Foegele ($2.75M) ans McLeod ($2.11M).

Almost ANY trade to significantly alter the Oilers fortunes will have to be AAV-in, AAV-out ... Holland, by his (and Chiarelli's) own doing, doesn't have much to offer.

Seeing as to how Gallagher has looked like a serviceable, productive veteran so far this year how likely do we think Edmonton would be interested in bringing in a homegrown lad?

He does have the a lot of the intangibles the oilers have been missing..

2 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Seeing as to how Gallagher has looked like a serviceable, productive veteran so far this year how likely do we think Edmonton would be interested in bringing in a homegrown lad?

He does have the a lot of the intangibles the oilers have been missing..

Zero interest.  Even with us retaining 50% his contract doesn't fit a team as cash strapped as they are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Even in an even money in out type of scenario? (Albeit with less term)

I don't see their cap issues lessening in the near future with Drai and McD neeing new contracts so i doubt they want to use any space on a guy like Gallagher.  They will need every dollar they can get on getting answers in goal and the blue line.

58 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Even in an even money in out type of scenario? (Albeit with less term)

They would have to convince HuGo to take Jack Campbell plus another $1.5M of AAVs in contracts ... and what do they offer to compensate for what I expect would have to be a buyout next summer ... Gallagher's deal is bad but Campbell is absolute deadwood.

15 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Edmonton would make that trade in a heartbeat (I assume you meant Broberg to Montreal and Xhekaj to Edmonton). Arber would be difficult to replace and Monahan will get a good package at the deadline by himself. Pickard does nothing for us, RNH is 30 and won't score nearly as much with the Habs and is also making 5.1M for the next 6 years and Broberg does have some potential but has struggled. Montreal can do far better than this for what they are giving up. Certainly an excellent trade for a desperate Oiler team. 

Yep, that is way too good of a trade for the Oils that does little for the Habs rebuild.  Honestly, I think it is absurd to even suggest trading WiFi.  The guy is a unicorn so you don't get rid of mythical magical beasts like him.  Luckily, I don't get the impression that HuGo would remotely consider trading him.  After all, the Habs did draft Florian in a higher position than any other team would have taken him at.  The fact they did that suggests they have no plans on moving WiFi and that both of them are part of their long term plans.  

I really don’t want them to move WiFi either…but that feeling is the exact reason why other GMs probably want him. 

No one in this group except maybe Guhle and Caufield should be considered untouchable. But yeah, I’d hate to lose him. I’m a believer in the kid.

Some Guhle package, for a young skilled top six forward, would have to consider it, no?.

With Matheson, Xhekaj, Harris, Struble/Trudeau, could make do in short term. 

54 minutes ago, DON said:

Some Guhle package, for a young skilled top six forward, would have to consider it, no?.

With Matheson, Xhekaj, Harris, Struble/Trudeau, could make do in short term. 

Why would we want to trade a guy who may be a top pairing dman and will for sure be at least a solid 2nd pairing dman?? It makes no sense! Adding a Laine or other skilled forward is not going to get us into the playoffs, and so far the only one of our young D that has demonstrated AT THE NHL LEVEL, that he may become a top pairing guy, we want to trade?? I’d trade Matheson before even considering moving Guhle.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

Why would we want to trade a guy who may be a top pairing dman and will for sure be at least a solid 2nd pairing dman?? It makes no sense! Adding a Laine or other skilled forward is not going to get us into the playoffs, and so far the only one of our young D that has demonstrated AT THE NHL LEVEL, that he may become a top pairing guy, we want to trade?? I’d trade Matheson before even considering moving Guhle.

Agree, I don't move Guhle unless I am getting back some 21-year-old phenom.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I really don’t want them to move WiFi either…but that feeling is the exact reason why other GMs probably want him. 

No one in this group except maybe Guhle and Caufield should be considered untouchable. But yeah, I’d hate to lose him. I’m a believer in the kid.

I consider Cole, Nick, and WiFi along with numerous others to be untouchable.  ex: Hutson, Reinbacher, Beck, Roy, Mailloux, Konyushkov, Florian.  TBH, I sorta think Struble might even be on my list.  He isn't as good defensively or offensively as Harris, Trudeau, etc, but he isn't vastly behind them.  Although his skill is marginally less than other d prospects, out of all them other than Mailloux he is leaps and bounds more physical.   That could be a difference making factor when they start to get into the playoffs because I get the impression he could end up being similar to Gudas.  Like him or not - most people here don't, but Gudas was a bit part of the Panthers secret sauce that made it to the Cup Final.   

That's why I don't want to see the Habs move certain guys.  I think they will be a big part of the Habs secret sauce.  i.e. those players have certain attributes that the Habs currently need, so why get rid of them?  It would just create other holes that would take more time to fill. 

48 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree, I don't move Guhle unless I am getting back some 21-year-old phenom.

I would also agree, Guhle is almost an untouchable. You better be getting back something great in the deal because stud (potentially) defensemen are hard to find and nobody trades them so you need to develop your own. 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I would bet that if the Habs wanted to move WiFi (which I think they don't hopefully) there would be no shortage of suitors. There are not many like him in the NHL. 

Surely they will have to learnt from the McDonagh and Sergachev trades by Gainey and Bergevin, that you don't trade away high end defensive talent for forward potential. 

Any trade should be skewed more towards our benefit than the Oilers, we hold the key item they need and we don't have to trade unless it works in our favour. 

We tend to look at a player's value based on where they are for us, rather than what they would be for the team they are going to play for. If Montembeault is going to be the starting goalie for them after a trade, then we should get higher value back for him. It it's not a 1st or a Top 6 forward, then the value is not there. 

4 hours ago, brindavis said:

Any trade should be skewed more towards our benefit than the Oilers, we hold the key item they need and we don't have to trade unless it works in our favour.

Exactly. The Habs don't really need any more second-round picks right now, so it would make no sense to give up Montembeault for a second. Primeau, maybe.

7 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

I would probably trade suzuki or caufield before guhlie. ..

I would be the opposite for sure, Guhle before those 2.

Guhle looks good and likely high value/good return, but Habs dont lack LH d-men, they do lack Caufield-Suzuki players up front. (27th in 2021, 26th last year, 23rd in scoring so far this year.)

(Also injuries worry me a bit with Guhle)

I by no means "want" to trade Guhle, just saying he is not "untouchable" and it might be smart to upgrade top six.

21 minutes ago, DON said:

I would be the opposite for sure, Guhle before those 2.

Guhle looks good and likely high value/good return, but Habs dont lack LH d-men, they do lack Caufield-Suzuki players up front. (27th in 2021, 26th last year, 23rd in scoring so far this year.)

(Also injuries worry me a bit with Guhle)

I by no means "want" to trade Guhle, just saying he is not "untouchable" and it might be smart to upgrade top six.

Top pairing defenseman are rarer than top line forwards. 

While there isn't a guarantee Guhle is going to be top pair, every indication so far is he has the potential to be.  He's 21 and not looking out of place playing against the best players from other teams.  For this reason I would put him slightly above both Caufield and Suzuki right now.  I don't expect any of the 3 to be touchable without and offer that blows your socks off.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Anderson for Laine 

Welcome home Josh

😆 ... As I've said elsewhere, Kekäläinen has already learned the "Anderson lesson" ... he knows that Josh is far less than the sum of his parts ... JA is big, strong, fast, good shot ... "looks like" the prototypical power forward ... but he just isn't, can't seem to fit on any line or with any combo.

32 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

😆 ... As I've said elsewhere, Kekäläinen has already learned the "Anderson lesson" ... he knows that Josh is far less than the sum of his parts ... JA is big, strong, fast, good shot ... "looks like" the prototypical power forward ... but he just isn't, can't seem to fit on any line or with any combo.

Zero goals and 2 assists in 19 games, his trade value has never been lower.  Maybe he will get hot later in the year when it doesn't matter except for draft ranking. 

Guhle is untouchable. 

Wifi certainly is not.  In fact Struble can likely do the same job right now, minus the fighting, but everything else including the big hits he is capable of.  Also Wifi's defensive game has been much worse this season than it was a year ago. 

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Zero goals and 2 assists in 19 games, his trade value has never been lower.  Maybe he will get hot later in the year when it doesn't matter except for draft ranking. 

With term left and exposed as a "one-man band" he is unlikely to have much trade value