Draft Night, Round One

dlbalr

Whenever I watch an NHL draft I always think of Ryan McDonagh and how Bob Gainey threw him into the Gomez trade. That is going to sting for years.

I am happy with Galchenyuk. Best prospect in the draft. Habs can build their team around him.

Whenever I watch an NHL draft I always think of Ryan McDonagh and how Bob Gainey threw him into the Gomez trade. That is going to sting for years.

I am happy with Galchenyuk. Best prospect in the draft. Habs can build their team around him.

I wouldn't go that far. Yakupov will still become the best prospect if he stays healthy.

I will say we got the second best. I think Galy will have a better career than Murray.

François Gagnon predicted that Teravainen woul be drafted by the Habs, 3rd over all. Well, the guy is still available. Talk about a prediction.

And there he goes.

Not likely the Habs move up now then, I guess?

Mcguire has called every pick.

Seriously every one.

Mcguire is nailing them. He knows what the other team's strengths weaknesses and needs are! There is a reason he made the short list.

I was semi happy to see a Polish kid taken and then I saw his face acne.

Seriously, how old is this kid?

There was a tweet at the bottom of TSN that read, "It's official, Jay Feaster is building for the future - 2026!"

I'm livid. Why couldn't some western conference team picked him!

I actually felt NJ kept their pick this year, so they could pick Subban. Instead he goes to worst possible choice from a Habs perspective.

OUTSTANDING result for us - I wanted desperately for us to go with the highest ceiling pick possible even if there was an element of risk. And that's just what we did. BAM!

As for Malcolm Subban, that's too bad, but you never know how these things will turn out in the end. Stay cool.

Well, now the talk turns to who is still on the board at 33 (someone can feel free to start the Day 2 thread later tonight/early tomorrow). Matt Finn is an intriguing name (and not just because I drafted him in HWL) and would add to the blueline depth.

I'm flying out to St. John's tomorrow, so won't find out who we got until I arrive there.