P.K. Subban signs 2 year, $5.75M deal

HabsTrick450

I say who cares!!!! if the habs win do we really care if they can't low five each other? seems like we are still looking for stuff to talk about same with P.K signing it's over we looking forward to see him in the line up.

Exactly. You gotta figure they'd grow out of it anyway, so this just gave them an excuse for it to be retired.

Personally I'm glad. The low five lacked creativity and became quite bland.

If you're gonna make a repetitive premeditated attempt to celebrate at least make it creative.

But this puts hockey back at the original problem this type of " creativity" is seen as a detriment to the game.

When in fact it is how most successful pro sports leagues market themselves, on the backs of their stars.

I agree with this decision. This isn't about stifling personality, it is about team before individuals. I got the impression that the leadership in the room wanted this. Who are we to argue with the leadership team. Maybe they don't want a repeat of a few years ago with a whole bunch of little cliques in the room.

While I enjoyed that low fiving the first few times, when they ritualized it I always wondered why it was always just price and Subban. I never saw Cole and Gionta do it after they scored to win a game.

Seriously, the view that PK can do no wrong has to stop. PK needs to learn and improve and if this helps make the point to him that this was viewed negatively in the room and should stop, then good. Go talk to some of his old team mates and coaches. They will tell you that one thing PK needed to learn was how not to piss off his own team mates and when to tone it down.

I wonder if you would be so supportive if it was Riberio doing it. I suspect most here would consider it immature and more evidence of the need to get rid of him.

I like PK but I view this as a critical year in his development. He seemed to get the message which gives me confidence he is bith capable and willing to learn.

But this puts hockey back at the original problem this type of " creativity" is seen as a detriment to the game.

When in fact it is how most successful pro sports leagues market themselves, on the backs of their stars.

Creativity? Yeah..the first time... Now it is just a private celebration between two members of the team...nothing creative about it.

Most ridiculous "ban" ever...didn't impact the team concept and didn't hurt teamates.

Sounds to me like our sissy, all inclusive, left liberal world, is creeping into to pro sports now...maybe next we can get rid of the Stanley Cup and give every team ribbons because it's more inclusive. It will teach young fans that there really are no winners and losers in life...that is, right before we force communism down their throats enforcing equal pay for every job and ensuring there are no property rights for anyone because the state will distribute it more fairly. It's actually all a communist plot and Therrien is the dupe.

Whoa...I think I was just possessed by Don Cherry.

;)

I do have to say that anyone who has followed the Capitals at all this year can see that comparing John Carlson to PK Subban was absolutely hilarious.

Carlson has been on the ice for more goals than 11 NHL teams.

What the hell is wrong with Washington, anyway? Can anyone explain their suckage?

I don't know if there's any truth behind this story, But I heard on the radio (from Mario Langlois from les Amateurs de Sports) that apparently, P.K. went to see the leaders on the team. (Gio, Markov and Gorges) He apologized for his behaviour and told them he wanted to be a team guy.

Like I said, I don't know if there's any truth to this, but if it is true, I think it shows that P.K. has matured and has decided to buy into this team concept that the new coaching staff wants to implement.

I don't know if there's any truth behind this story, But I heard on the radio (from Mario Langlois from les Amateurs de Sports) that apparently, P.K. went to see the leaders on the team. (Gio, Markov and Gorges) He apologized for his behaviour and told them he wanted to be a team guy.

Like I said, I don't know if there's any truth to this, but if it is true, I think it shows that P.K. has matured and has decided to buy into this team concept that the new coaching staff wants to implement.

Possible but hard to believe.

Hey, Markov did seem to give Subban a nice "tap" on the helmet after the win saturday. :D maybe Subban did patch things up with the leaders?

Well, if I'm PK and I'm looking around seeing all the veterans on the team regarding me as a pain in the ass, I'd probably arrange such a meeting and try to get a fresh slate as well. Good news if true.

Stubbs on Subban in the locker room and the idiocy of PJ Stock

http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?16401

Thanks for the link! As I said on an earlier post critiquing HNIC hot stove panel. Stock is an idiot. Can't understand how that guy has a job.

Thanks for the link! As I said on an earlier post critiquing HNIC hot stove panel. Stock is an idiot. Can't understand how that guy has a job.

Stock is being primed for Cherry's job. Has been for a while. The CBC staff love him. He's also good looking and has a "ham" personality so TV people tend to believe that's all you need to become a money drawing sports analyst.

Thankfully Kevin Weekes has been doing great on the Hotstove panel unlike his commentary work because he made Stock look like a complete idiot the other day. He's much more reserved and thinks on his feet and I think he'll be the type of guy to make people forget about Stock. Then again, Weekes doesn't rock the boat and CBC loves their "controversy" so again, Stock fits the Cherry/O'Leary mold.

Thats assuming HNIC stays on CBC past Cherry's retirement. I'm not convinced. CTV is gonna go HARD after the NHL on Saturdays... whether for the main network or TSN is the question.

They go hard for it every few years and CBC loses a few games each time but CBC still keeps it. Funny enough they give up a lot to keep "the possibility of Leaf playoff games" in their contract.

Stock is being primed for Cherry's job. Has been for a while. The CBC staff love him. He's also good looking and has a "ham" personality so TV people tend to believe that's all you need to become a money drawing sports analyst.

Thankfully Kevin Weekes has been doing great on the Hotstove panel unlike his commentary work because he made Stock look like a complete idiot the other day. He's much more reserved and thinks on his feet and I think he'll be the type of guy to make people forget about Stock. Then again, Weekes doesn't rock the boat and CBC loves their "controversy" so again, Stock fits the Cherry/O'Leary mold.

Weekes has been awesome, I also like that he explains in game hockey things (like a random timbit about how Luongo's big feet make it hard to move to position) I never played hockey so those kinds of ins and outs are interesting to hear about.