Nathan Beaulieu charged with assault

dlbalr

Jacques Beaulieu, father of Nathan Beaulieu, has been charged with two counts of assault. Nathan is also apparently under investigation but has not yet been charged. The Habs are declining to comment beyond acknowledging that they're aware of the investigation.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/04/29/sarnia-sting-coach-faces-assault-charges

This is very disappointing but not the first time stuff like this has happened. Hopefully it turns out not be as serious as it sounds. We will have to wait and see what the whole story is before throw him under the bus.

Here's the link: http://www.habsworld.net/out.php?17107

Strathroy Caradoc Police have confirmed the 20-year-old hockey superstar is facing the same set of charges as his dad Jacques Beaulieu -- head coach of the Sarnia Sting -- in connection with the same incident.

I know the term superstar gets thrown around a lot these days but really? A first year AHL'er is called a superstar?

Probably a bar fight. Minor details being blown out of proportion. Few guys in Ontario saw Beaulieu and his dad, knew Montreal and Ottawa were meeting in the playoffs, talked smack, got their asses handed to them and cried to the police. See if I'm not right.

Probably a bar fight. Minor details being blown out of proportion. Few guys in Ontario saw Beaulieu and his dad, knew Montreal and Ottawa were meeting in the playoffs, talked smack, got their asses handed to them and cried to the police. See if I'm not right.

You missed one of the most interesting points out of it all:

In both assaults, the father and son teamed up on their victims -- one of the victim being a former player of Jacques' -- said police.

Dissapointing.

Gotta admit that Beaulieu looks a bit like our version of Evender Kane. The kid wouldn't have made it to Harvard...

I'd wait to hear the whole story here. The guy and his dad were charged... thats odd.

I'd wait to hear the whole story here. The guy and his dad were charged... thats odd.

Yeah. I know. But with cocky comments on Twitter + his YMCMB t-shirt ... I don't know what to think about his attitude so far. But he's just a kid for now.

Details are soft but the article pretty much explains it.

There was an argument after a golf charity. It involved a former player of Nathan's dad. When one of them left, it turned physical and Nathan and his dad doubled up the guy. When the other guy returned, they then doubled up on him.

Nothing was broken, injuries were minor but I bet threats were made which is why the guys beat up were scared.

We don't know what was said but I could see myself in the same situation and doing the same thing. And then regretting it and taking my lumps in court. Oh well.

Wasn't he recalled? What was Nathan doing in Strathroy?

The callups (aside from Tinordi) were all skating in Hamilton until the end of the regular season. They didn't make it to Montreal until yesterday I believe.

I take it this is the end in Montreal for him. Just waiting for Montreal media to run him out of town.

Nah, the charges are pretty minor, and this is a first offence.... victims had ripped shirts and no injuries.

Even if guilty, he'll barely get a slap on the wrist... probably a conditional discharge and no record.

This is what we call "overreacting"

If Corey was still president, Beaulieu would have been traded by now.

Has there been a player in Montreal who's gotten into serious PR trouble and NOT shipped out eventually? It's not a rhetorical question, I'm honestly asking.

Beaulieu's fate will be a test of the new leadership. If they want a winning team, they will stand by him, work with him, and help him become a responsible adult on the grounds that he is absolutely a key cog to our future. If they follow the same old template, they will move him out and we will be left watching as he blossoms elsewhere.

At least he and Pop Beaulieu weren't out stealing purses. It doesn't sound like they finished the job fight-wise either. Only a Canadiens could get into a two on one fist fight and not injure the other party.

Ha ha, yes, imagine the Chara or Lucic boys in the same situation! They'd still be picking up the pieces of the poor chump.