Oct. 10, Habs vs Oilers, 9:30 PM

dlbalr

What Eller did was wrong but Hall jumped.

If that was a hab we would all be screaming for 5 and a game. Very lucky that was only 2 but I won't be surprised if the league reviews it.

Eller greedy!

If that was a hab we would all be screaming for 5 and a game. Very lucky that was only 2 but I won't be surprised if the league reviews it.

NO way man.

Look at Halls legs that movement defies physics.

how do you not get a shot with the net empty for 3 minutes?

about friggin time!!

Edmonton was doing a very good job of keeping possession of the puck in the Habs zone when it was 5 on 5. I'm not shocked that the Habs didn't get more than the one opportunity.

Two dumb plays by Eller - boarding Hall and then trying to score the empty-netter from behind the red line <_< Hopefully a veteran takes him aside and slaps his head in.

A happy result and a pretty entertaining game. :thumbs_up: I'll be at the Vancouver tilt, so they'd BETTER bring their "A" game, tabernac.

I'd move him up to DD's spot, play white and bench DD in Vancouver.

Really entertaining game. Bournival looks way better on the fourth line than White - fewer dumb plays.

Great game from Budaj. Hard to tell which goalie is the 6 million dollar man.

They need to move him back to center. He has never looked good on the wing.

Two dumb plays by Eller - boarding Hall and then trying to score the empty-netter from behind the red line <_< Hopefully a veteran takes him aside and slaps his head in.

A happy result and a pretty entertaining game. :thumbs_up: I'll be at the Vancouver tilt, so they'd BETTER bring their "A" game, tabernac.

Couldn't agree more. Bournival had a nice game, everyone agrees; what better opening is there to staple DD's useless arse to the bench and give the youth movement still more room? What exactly does DD bring that Bournival doesn't? Effective play down low? Please. <_< As for Eller, yeah, the guy's a C and big and strong to boot, let him do his thing.

So we're outraged about one of our top-4 defensemen being compared to Briesbois, because I insulted Briesbois, and we don't think a trade is necessary? Building through the draft is what I believe in, but relying too much on the kids, and valuing prospects to the point of leaving major holes in the lineup is what teams like Florida and Edmonton do. There's no guarantee it will all come together at the same time, this thing has to take off at some point. For me, I think we're out of "tanking/the draft" phase of the rebuild, and we should start addressing major holes. IMO, not having a number two defenseman is a major hole. Who knows if that guy will be Tinordi or Beaulieu, why risk it? If Eller keeps up, Plekanec becomes expendable. Whether Galchenyuk is ready to be an NHL will have to be seen. The Pollock quote is interpreted too literally. If your player pulls a Roy, you're in a position of weakness. If you need to fill a hole, that's why trades happen. Gorges is the only defenseman under contact for next year. There will be a few holes if Markov doesn't come back, i'd like to see them go after Erik Gudbranson, Alex Edler or Nikita Nikitn and land someone mid-season.

I haven't been outraged by anything to do with the Habs since the Houle got fired, No proposed ban on a trade, I would just like to see how the team does over a longer term before one is made.

I hate the hybrid icing more and more each game.

I'd really like to know why, cuz for my part, I like this rule more and more each game.

With all the 3-4 seconds per icing we save, we tend to see a full more minute of good hockey instead of watching meaningless race for a puck that ends up 98% of the time as an icing anyway. It also saves energy AND reduces the injury risk.

Habs played well yesterday. I like the line changing promoted by MT. I agree with some here that one game is not enough of a sample to draw major conclusions but the idea of breaking up the EGG line and spread out their skills across the line chart seem to be a reasonable choice. I don't know about you guys, but the impressions that I've got is that Pacioretty posed more danger playing alongside Eller. We might have lost the powerful chemistry in the EGG line but we win with Pacioretty and even Briere. Gallagher and Galchenyuk didn't seem to lose much firepower with Plekanec. And the second line has the same energy from previous games.

About Bournival, really good game given where he stands now in the depth chart. I would play him more. We have Prust and Moen as tough guys, we need to add some danger in the 4th line. It is important to keep the opponent's mentality always alert and not at ease. I believe that all the lines should pose danger to the other teams not matter how small it is. White adds a lot of energy but frankly for a game against non-rival teams, I'd rather add Bournival so we have a scoring element in the 4th line.

Bealieau is not ready for NHL yet but he will produce a lot in the coming years. When he has the puck, any team should watch out because he can draw passes for dangerous counter attacks. I'd use Bealieau against weak opponents such as Calgary, Edmonton, Predators, etc because he can offset his poor defensive skills with some firepower. For top tier teams, he should be out because his mistakes have an awful lot of a weight.

Looking forward to seeing Price bouncing back on his own turf...

Edited by comfortfablyHABS

I like the line shuffling except for one thing...

Eller is your hottest player: why would you change his position? And make it RW no less?

They didn't change him to the wing, Eller took 15 faceoffs last night. If the draw was on the right hand side, Briere took it, much like he did when Desharnais was the centre.

White has spent more time at C than the wing this year. He played the wing a bit when he and Bournival were on the same line but they seemed to go back and forth in that game.

The stat of the game for me in this one? Eller played 20:01, more than a minute and a half higher than the next closest forward.