Nov. 19, Minnesota vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Thanks refs. Good to know that at least you can help beat Carey Price. Don't want his ego or stats too inflated. Hey, why not make up another call or two while you're at it. Oh, no time left? Next time. Next time. ers.

So, the key to winning in the future: hammer Patch into the glass where it curls to the bench thus simulating his near-death experience and engaging his Wolverine Rage Factor.

• Upvote 2

I have discovered that I don't mind listening to the opposing teams homer announcers when we win in a cakewalk. They were really not impressed with tonites game.

Talk about a lack enthusiasm when announcing Habs goals.

So, the key to winning in the future: hammer Patch into the glass where it curls to the bench thus simulating his near-death experience and engaging his Wolverine Rage Factor.

This.

Oh, and on a side note. Can November end already? I know growing facial hair is good for the awareness factor but these boys look so damn stupid with mustaches.

Doubly stupid when they're losing and playing like pvssies.

This.

Oh, and on a side note. Can November end already? I know growing facial hair is good for the awareness factor but these boys look so damn stupid with mustaches.

Helmet "Boy I hate an awareness cause which players on my team are actively contributing charity towards" Head

• Upvote 1

This.

I understand where you are coming from (it might sound "juvenile" and personality lacking to grow a mustache) but I am not sure you measured your words well.

I also think it looks funny on Gallagher (he looks like one of those juvenile detention regulars with that mustache) but who cares? As long as he keeps playing the way he is, he can do whatever he wants with his facial hair:)

• Upvote 1

No one noticed my question:

After a game like that, does Rene Bourque sit?

Doubt it, if nothing else, he can score better than other options.

Nice to see Briere chip in and he and Pacioretty maybe shaken off bit of rust now?

This.

I agree. What was a fun past time and feel good activity five years ago has taken over two months of the year in professional sports. The affects are negligible. I doubt when Price wore those ridiculous pink pads, female Habs fans responded by getting mammograms. There is also the argument that growing funny mustaches, and slogans like "save the ta-ta's" belittle cancer survivors.

Nice to see Briere chip in and he and Pacioretty maybe shaken off bit of rust now?

I think if they string a few wins together with this lineup, Bourque goes up on the block. Someone is expendable on this team, it might be Bourque. I don't see the point in someone taking Ryan White's spot on the fourth line for 7 minutes a game to keep another top 9 player. Trade Bourque for a prospect or a 2nd rounder.

The game was interesting because everyone is paying attention to the scorers instead of the set-up men. I mean, I guess it's expected but the majority of goals last night were due to great set up passes. Two of Patches goals were all Desharnais. There was even an unreal first period pass by DD to Pacioretty that Harding somehow miraculously stopped. Briere's goal was all due to a really great pass by Gionta. Even Galchenyuk's goal was a great pass to the Cammalleri/Kovalev slot. Another big difference in this game and I don't know how much of it was the Wild or not, but the team looked fearless in the opposing zone. Desharnais at times took just as much of a beating as Gallagher without relenting on his play. The Bournival goal was made due to a hard forecheck by Moen causing Suter to focus on him instead of the puck. There was patience shown in the opposing zone and even some puck confidence. Pacioretty's second goal was due to a no look pass from DD. Usually those things would lead to teeth gnashing and anger. This time it led to a lead.

It would be great to have more games like this where so many passes are connecting and that was so many players are firing their shots on point but I doubt it. We should just be happy we got it out this game. Maybe the silly pessimism around Pacioretty will calm down, though as I said, those goals have "Desharnais set-up" far more prevalent than "Pacioretty finish". His hat trick goal was all him though. Calculated tip.

• Upvote 1

I agree. What was a fun past time and feel good activity five years ago has taken over two months of the year in professional sports. The affects are negligible. I doubt when Price wore those ridiculous pink pads, female Habs fans responded by getting mammograms. There is also the argument that growing funny mustaches, and slogans like "save the ta-ta's" belittle cancer survivors.

I think if they string a few wins together with this lineup, Bourque goes up on the block. Someone is expendable on this team, it might be Bourque. I don't see the point in someone taking Ryan White's spot on the fourth line for 7 minutes a game to keep another top 9 player. Trade Bourque for a prospect or a 2nd rounder.

Bourque was on a 20+ goal pace last year and basically same again, maybe Bournival could replace his production (even with less icetime) and am not against trading Bourque, but I bet he will replace White next game if he is healthy.

Another big difference in this game and I don't know how much of it was the Wild or not, but the team looked fearless in the opposing zone. Desharnais at times took just as much of a beating as Gallagher without relenting on his play. T

That was Desharnais's bread and butter during his 60 point season - he would win the puck down low and make nice passes to the slot. He would get knocked down and come back for more. There's been this revisionist history that that standout season was all his big wingers, and since Patches has been slumping too then it was all Cole's career year, but in reality they each were major contributors.

Who knows what's caused Desharnais's troubles, but it's important to remember that he's still early in his NHL career. Plekanec, nowadays Mr. Reliable, would go half a year in a funk early in his career, culminating in that disastrous centennial season. He figured it out after getting that one year deal and subsequently cashed in, and has been a model of consistency ever since. I'm not saying Desharnais will follow the same path, but there's still time for him to develop.

That performance by Patches and DD are hugely good news. If those two guys start playing like legitimate top-6 forwards, we're a whole other team from the one we've seen hitherto. As much as everyone has enjoyed piling onto Desharnais, we need him to play well. It's only one game but it's a good sign - fingers crossed it continues and the slumps have definitively been broken.

Just once, I would like to see two lines firing at the same time. Bournival is strong defensively, and would look good with Eller and Galchenyuk. Of course this puts Briere on the wing with the smallest line in history. Plek, Briere, and Gionta.

I remember Martin saying that he looks for duos which play well together and mixes in other players. It seems Therrien does this as well. Plek Gio, DD Pac, and Gallagher (whole team) are examples of this.1

In his post-game interview, Desharnais made some rather pointed remarks about how he and Patches have had their greatest success together and that it's been a while that they've been split up. I was with many people who thought that it would be good for the team for Patches to play with one of the other better centres on the team, but maybe with our current configuration this is the best fit. It's just frustrating when Desharnais is looking like he doesn't belong in the league that we have to put our best scoring winger out there with him.

That performance by Patches and DD are hugely good news. If those two guys start playing like legitimate top-6 forwards, we're a whole other team from the one we've seen hitherto. As much as everyone has enjoyed piling onto Desharnais, we need him to play well. It's only one game but it's a good sign - fingers crossed it continues and the slumps have definitively been broken.

I don't think anyone wants DD to play poorly. Even those who want him out want him to play well. It would increase his trade value.

The problem is looking at his total on ice performance and saying hey, there's a player who deserves to play over other centers.