May 8, Boston vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

reality bites. The guys played a phenomenal game...but life really does have these tiny stupid contingencies...

A goal like that to finish it makes the game stupid.

But that really is life.

Odds favour the Bruins now.... Rask is playing better and they have home ice advantage.

Stinks that the refs take away our special team advantage, but I expect it to stay that way.

Odds favour the Bruins now.... Rask is playing better and they have home ice advantage.

Stinks that the refs take away our special team advantage, but I expect it to stay that way.

I dont' think we really tested him. Most shots were shots he had a clear line of sight of the puck. To many shots he was square to with no traffic. the one scramble we had, there was a quick whistle.

I never want to see Murray in a Habs sweater ever again. Hits be damned. Boullion is the better choice. That was a pretty good game. Well played on both sides. Anyone catch the marchand spear on subban? How many of these can the league overlook?

Neither team has made much of a case. Two OT games, a wild come back and a solid win from the Habs. I was out smoking and missed the OT goal.

Not much bang for my buck.

No real adjustments to make, hopefully our best chances won't end up on the stick of Bournival, Moen and Gionta.

Did Vaneck play tonight? Didn't see him once

You must have missed the part when he had a scoring chance but passed it Markov who was going for a line change

I HATE DOUGLAS MURRAY

Corsi tonight

PK and Gorges over 61%

Markov and Emelin over 43%

Murray and Weaver under 17%

Thats AWFUL...

Was it a bad bounce? Yes

Here is the thing though, the chances of a bad bounce going against you increase greatly when the other team has the puck 83% of the time you are on the ice.

Actual shots on goal.... even worse... 10 shots on goal against Murray (in 10 minutes of even strength).... 1 shot on goal for.

So you make your own luck, and if we could get any kind of transition with Murray on the ice... we'd be a lot better team, and wouldn't have as many chances for crap goals like that.

Our coaching staff will never do it. Not in a million years, but I’d play Beaulieu game 5. (I said on another site I’d play him game 4).

Give him the heavily sheltered even strength minutes Murray is getting.

Our offence this series is being generated through a slick skating defenceman with a hard slap shot who is giving the Bruins fits as he is just too fast for them.

Beaulieu is nowhere near as polished as PK Subban. I get that, I really do. But the thing is he’d be in those sheltered minutes against the Bruins third and fourth lines, with either the Eller line likely also on the ice… or at worst a line with Moen and Weise helping defensively…. and he’d have a stay at home vet Mike Weaver beside him.

I’d put the kid in and see what he could generate with his speed against a slower Boston team. I really would. I think his ability to skate with the puck and to pass the puck would be welcomed to starting our transition game.

And contrary to what some might believe, Beaulieu can throw hits, and he can fight. His biggest issues are that he needs better defensive positioning right now, but I think that can be hidden via the minutes.

Yes its risky… but the Bruins took a risk and put in an AHL goal scorer in Fraser tonight…. It worked.

Honestly, 5 v 5 Boston is the better team. If the Habs were the better team, I’d never suggest this risk, but we’re really not the better team 5v5 in this series. So you want to win it… Take a chance…. It might just pay off.

I HATE DOUGLAS MURRAY

Corsi tonight

PK and Gorges over 61%

Markov and Emelin over 43%

Murray and Weaver under 17%

Thats AWFUL...

Was it a bad bounce? Yes

Here is the thing though, the chances of a bad bounce going against you increase greatly when the other team has the puck 83% of the time you are on the ice.

Actual shots on goal.... even worse... 10 shots on goal against Murray (in 10 minutes of even strength).... 1 shot on goal for.

So you make your own luck, and if we could get any kind of transition with Murray on the ice... we'd be a lot better team, and wouldn't have as many chances for crap goals like that.

Our coaching staff will never do it. Not in a million years, but I’d play Beaulieu game 5. (I said on another site I’d play him game 4).

Give him the heavily sheltered even strength minutes Murray is getting.

Our offence this series is being generated through a slick skating defenceman with a hard slap shot who is giving the Bruins fits as he is just too fast for them.

Beaulieu is nowhere near as polished as PK Subban. I get that, I really do. But the thing is he’d be in those sheltered minutes against the Bruins third and fourth lines, with either the Eller line likely also on the ice… or at worst a line with Moen and Weise helping defensively…. and he’d have a stay at home vet Mike Weaver beside him.

I’d put the kid in and see what he could generate with his speed against a slower Boston team. I really would. I think his ability to skate with the puck and to pass the puck would be welcomed to starting our transition game.

And contrary to what some might believe, Beaulieu can throw hits, and he can fight. His biggest issues are that he needs better defensive positioning right now, but I think that can be hidden via the minutes.

Yes its risky… but the Bruins took a risk and put in an AHL goal scorer in Fraser tonight…. It worked.

Honestly, 5 v 5 Boston is the better team. If the Habs were the better team, I’d never suggest this risk, but we’re really not the better team 5v5 in this series. So you want to win it… Take a chance…. It might just pay off.

I would make the same argument for Tinordi drawing in. He is big and can't be pushed around will fight and has some offence in sheltered minutes why not him?

I'd rather Tinordi than Murray.

I just want Beaulieu because I see an area where his skating can really burn Boston in the neutral zone.

But yeah, Tinordi would still be an upgrade on Murray.

16.7% is quite simply not close to good enough... I don't care how many hits the guy throws.

Guest Stogey24

Therrien should be giving Dale Weise more minutes. I would also be putting Danny briere in DD's spot, you have to get Pacioretty going somehow. He needs a shake up I think