Canadiens vs Boston Game #5 May 10th 7PM est

DON

I would sit DD next game, put Briere with Vanek and Pacs. What's the worst that could happen, he could be utterly useless.

I would be all for that...nothing to lose the way shit has been going with DD/Pacioretty contributing zero.

Something I noted, Rask is a bit fired up tonight. We saw the blocker punch on Plekanec late in the 1st and his reaction following the Gallagher goal. He has been known to lose his composure at times and I think he's on the edge. If they can rattle him early, the Habs will be in this, even if they have to overcome a two goal deficit as when Rask is over the edge, he struggles big time.

we are weak at centre

Same story since the early 90s. First it was overrated Saku, who was a 2nd line caliber center...and it has continued from there. Never a true #1 center...ever.

Now Pleks is the fundamental problem with this team. Please. If we don't want him, 29 teams will.

Very true. He's as good a two-way second line center as you could hope to have for the money.

• Upvote 1

Well, I like a 3-1 deficit a LOT better than a 3-0 deficit. Miracles do happen... :pray:

Now Pleks is the fundamental problem with this team. Please. If we don't want him, 29 teams will.

Exactly, I would throw DD out there, but he's not going to get us what we need.

Pleks has been a big problem tonight. I don't think anyone said wave him.

Both of his penalties were reflex self-preservation type things though...its not as if they were selfish/lazy offensive zone hooks

You guys are right inasmuch as the next "structural" step for this team is for Galchenyuk to emerge as a bona-fide elite C. 2-3 years for that. But Pleks has been great except for this game, while Eller has impressed through the playoffs even if he's tailing off the last couple of games. That leaves DD, who can be lumped in with Vanek and Patches as "neutralized" by Bergeron.

So in a way, I don't buy the "we're weak at centre" argument. Crosby is the best C in the game and went several playoff games without scoring. Saying "we're weak at C" has to mean more than "our C have not impressed in the last two games." That happens even to the best of centremen.

Well, I like a 3-1 deficit a LOT better than a 3-0 deficit. Miracles do happen... :pray:

We are seeming a little impulsive...he's an amazing hockey player and a great Hab

What's discouraging here is that it's hard to look at the play of any Hab (except maybe Gally) and say, "hoo boy, he really looks like he wants to get the next one." Prunes are stifling 'em, as they do so well.

EDIT: Vanek's lacklustre series is indeed causing me to reconsider my fervent advocacy of opening the vault to try to sign him. It's precisely for games/series like this that we'd be signing him. If he can't step up, what is the point?

Lucic is a monster.... We have no one who can both score and punish the other teams D.

As for Pleks...he is a great two or three center. We need better centers then him. DD has shown he can play with hot wingers, but he isn't imposing and he is only as good as his wingers...

We sure don't look like we are pushing for a win.

You guys are right inasmuch as the next "structural" step for this team is for Galchenyuk to emerge as a bona-fide elite C. 2-3 years for that. But Pleks has been great except for this game, while Eller has impressed through the playoffs even if he's tailing off the last couple of games. That leaves DD, who can be lumped in with Vanek and Patches as "neutralized" by Bergeron.

So in a way, I don't buy the "we're weak at centre" argument. Crosby is the best C in the game and went several playoff games without scoring. Saying "we're weak at C" has to mean more than "our C have not impressed in the last two games." That happens even to the best of centremen.

The problem with Plekanec is that he should not centre the first two lines. He has god defensive skills and can score, but can't find his linemates.

I agree on Eller too. Our top line is playing against guys whose only role is to make sure they don't have room to breathe, let alone make a play.

Hang in there fans, the sky ain't falling.. we've been playing a pretty cool series against the Booins. 32 seconds following a fluke goal in the last OT has got the team and us down. Poor Pleks. He looks like he's got the world on his shoulders after such a terrific series.

Forgive and forget and Go Habs Go!

Same story since the early 90s. First it was overrated Saku, who was a 2nd line caliber center...and it has continued from there. Never a true #1 center...ever.

Absolutely right. It's a key position and a very weak one for the Habs.

Need a goal about now.

One thing I will say is that Briere might have been useful in trying to claw back from a deficit.

Ya, true.

One thing I will say is that Briere might have been useful in trying to claw back from a deficit.

Prust is useless tonight. That's for sure. He won't be back next game.

• Upvote 1