Proposed 2014-2015 Lineup

JGC21

does anybody else think that prust still isn't 100% and will not be unless he gets that shoulder operated on? there have been long stretches where you can tell he's playing in pain. atleast now there are more formidable players ready(?)to fill in for him. sekac, de la rose, andrighetto could take advantage here

does anybody else think that prust still isn't 100% and will not be unless he gets that shoulder operated on? there have been long stretches where you can tell he's playing in pain. atleast now there are more formidable players ready(?)to fill in for him. sekac, de la rose, andrighetto could take advantage here

Prust's shoulders are so messed up that he can't even bench press.

I also think he's far from 100%. I think we can forget about him being much of a contributor beyond the fourth line as it won't take long for him to go down again if he plays a big role. Even at that, if he's a fourth liner, he'll fight a lot and get hurt that way too. (Suffice it to say, I'm not counting on him for much of anything...)

Honestly, if he has another season like last year where he was either hurt or played when he probably shouldn't have, I think they'd have to seriously consider a buyout next June. If his role becomes as minor as I suspect it might due to those shoulder woes, they may be able to save some money by buying him out and signing a cheaper replacement for around $1 million that can play that same role.

As for those players being ready to step in? Sekac should be by all accounts but I doubt de la Rose would be right off the bat (maybe later in the year), nor would Andrighetto who is quickly approaching overrated status in my books. An offensive forward who has yet to score 20 goals in the minors isn't ready to play a regular role in the NHL as many seem to hope. (I know you're suggesting him as an injury replacement but I wanted to get that bit in there...) He wouldn't be an ideal injury replacement for Prust either as their styles are completely different.

• Upvote 1

yeah, I hear ya. I also think bournival should legitimately be in the lineup regardless of prusts status. and I agree with giving prust one last year to determine whether or not he's durable enough to play his game. however, I think each team only gets two buyouts and we've bought out gomez and kaberle already. and wouldn't bournival and weise give the 4th line a ton of wheels?

yeah, I hear ya. I also think bournival should legitimately be in the lineup regardless of prusts status. and I agree with giving prust one last year to determine whether or not he's durable enough to play his game. however, I think each team only gets two buyouts and we've bought out gomez and kaberle already. and wouldn't bournival and weise give the 4th line a ton of wheels?

Each team got two compliance buyouts of which the Habs used both. There is no limit to regular buyouts, however. Those are paid out at 2/3 of the salary over 2x the remaining length of the deal. In Prust's case, a regular buyout would have a cap hit of just under $1.2 million next season (if you add in the proposed $1 M replacement, they still save some money) and just under $670,000 in 2016-17.

I'd be trying to move him to Calgary or buffalo and offer a 4th draft pick to boot.

Each team got two compliance buyouts of which the Habs used both. There is no limit to regular buyouts, however. Those are paid out at 2/3 of the salary over 2x the remaining length of the deal. In Prust's case, a regular buyout would have a cap hit of just under $1.2 million next season (if you add in the proposed $1 M replacement, they still save some money) and just under $670,000 in 2016-17.

thanks for clarifying the buyout. i'd love to see prust rebound this year..in fact if he were healthy this past season, he'd be at the top of my list as the new captain..well, maybe just behind plekanics

thanks for clarifying the buyout. i'd love to see prust rebound this year..in fact if he were healthy this past season, he'd be at the top of my list as the new captain..well, maybe just behind plekanics

Prust's bad shoulders have made me like him more. I think it's empathy. I need to get my shoulder checked out...

• Upvote 1

Yeesh! One bad season and Prust is getting the "Bourque Treatment!" I think he can be a valuable contributor. His shoulders aren't what they used to be, but in an interview this year he claimed he had oblique problems that kept him on the injured lists.

I refuse to criticize Bourque until he fails to perform on the ice again this season. I'm not naive or optimistic enough to assume his playoff performance was turning over a new ... uh... leaf (*cringes*) ... but until he inevitably goes back to being himself, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeesh! One bad season and Prust is getting the "Bourque Treatment!" I think he can be a valuable contributor. His shoulders aren't what they used to be, but in an interview this year he claimed he had oblique problems that kept him on the injured lists.

It's not the same treatment in my books. My low expectations for him are based on what I presume will be continued health issues. That's not the same as low expectations for Bourque based on a general lack of interest/effort that plagues his play for large segments of a season. Only one of those is an actual criticism.

same here..two different scenarios. I would love to see prust play his style this year, but think his shoulders are both shot. i'm going to give bourque a chance before I give up on him. I think that idiot colton orr really messed him up with that sucker punch from hell. hopefully the 2014 post season rene bourque is what we'll get this season. man, that would be nice..he'd get 30 easily.

For a 5th.

Just offering incentive to take a bad contract and avoid us having to use cap room on a buyout.

...in exchange for? maybe a 2nd rounder?

It's not the Bourque treatment. Bourque is a lazy ass bum. Prust has glass shoulders. With his style of play, I really can't see him staying healthy and effective.

Yeah but he's a hard man to keep down.

Now, if he can just stop running into the end boards, he may be better off?

But, is too old to learn new tricks i suppose.

Or maybe.... it is oblique trouble, and you're all full of it.... and back comes the Prust we all know and love! :thumbs_up:

Need him healthy more this year than ever. I still say one of the Habs biggest problems is a no hitting forward troop, need some physical play out of one line at least, and I don't see many physical players in the lineup, period.