Apr. 3, Montreal vs New Jersey, 7 PM

dlbalr

With all do respect to people bashing the goalies, may I remind you the habs didn't score a goal in either shootout.

Islanders Habs and wings are staggering into the playoffs. I'm not sure who they can beat at this point.

How do you score 2 times against the Devils backup goalie?

No offense to be found anywhere

• Upvote 1

With all do respect to people bashing the goalies, may I remind you the habs didn't score a goal in either shootout.

Islanders Habs and wings are staggering into the playoffs. I'm not sure who they can beat at this point.

How do you score 2 times against the Devils backup goalie?

No offense to be found anywhere

thats right ............and last night DD missed the net in the shoot out. lol but there he is again tonight starting the ot, on the pp for the useless 4 on 3 in ot , up second in shoot out .............. then some actually blame the rookie back up. :rofl:

• Upvote 1

Make that tighty whiteys.

Ahh now I understand LM..

Fageddaboudit guys. Who the heck knows all the reasons for this or that outcome. Our team has done us proud all year and it ain't because they came out all fired up in the first and put the game out of reach. By Max's interview account, MT has been doing an excellent job getting the most out of every player out there.

So let's let the year end as it will with its pluses and mini.. (latin plural of "minus"... sorry.. ) . Tonight , I really like Galchuk, Pleks , Gonchar and PK, Petry and Tokarski.. when not shotouted.

Keith Kinkaid is so bad they started Corey Schneider 25 games in a row to start the season. KK was named "Least Valuable Player" by DownGoesBrown. He looked pretty good tonight.

The Habs didn't look like they wanted to be there. Clearly they're more focused on their four or five days off in Florida than the game tonight.

Keith Kinkaid is so bad they started Corey Schneider 25 games in a row to start the season. KK was named "Least Valuable Player" by DownGoesBrown. He looked pretty good tonight.

The Habs didn't look like they wanted to be there. Clearly they're more focused on their four or five days off in Florida than the game tonight.

thats right ............and last night DD missed the net in the shoot out. lol but there he is again tonight starting the ot, on the pp for the useless 4 on 3 in ot , up second in shoot out .............. then some actually blame the rookie back up. :rofl:

Two soft goals on 18 shots and two goals in a row on the shootouts, one where he was scored on by a career 4th liner and the other he got faked out or his jockstrap.

Ticker was great tonight...

Two soft goals on 18 shots and two goals in a row on the shootouts, one where he was scored on by a career 4th liner and the other he got faked out or his jockstrap.

Ticker was great tonight...

yea and our guys did real well shooting on their back up? Devils lose seven in a row, play their back up goalie and our forwards scored one goal in 65 minutes plus a shoot out. Tokers fault. uh huh

Toker was not great, but you know you are playing bad hockey when he has to be to beat Jersey.

• Upvote 1

Tokarski wasn't great yesterday (I didn't think he was that bad either, aside from the shootout where he looked timid) but I'm not pinning this one on him. The PP, which looked good the first two opportunities, is what cost them this one. A 5 minute PP, a two-man advantage in the 3rd, and a PP in OT. If they score even once on one of those chances, it's a win. I don't chalk up special teams as the main reason for winning or losing often but I'm pinning the loss on the PP for this game.

Yup, just 3 more exhibition games to see if can create a more dysfunctional PP.

That 5 minute Gomer major was a beaut! :nuts:

(was trying to find a Ugly quote to describe it; Dangerfield: "I was so ugly...my mother would feed me with a slingshot." was closest I saw.)

Tokarski wasn't great yesterday (I didn't think he was that bad either, aside from the shootout where he looked timid) but I'm not pinning this one on him. The PP, which looked good the first two opportunities, is what cost them this one. A 5 minute PP, a two-man advantage in the 3rd, and a PP in OT. If they score even once on one of those chances, it's a win. I don't chalk up special teams as the main reason for winning or losing often but I'm pinning the loss on the PP for this game.

BIG TIME. I'm with you on this. I do understand the importance of an effective PP, but I don't consider this the most important lack of our team. But yesterday... ouch. That was ugly.

:rofl: "my mother fed me with a sling shot"

Yes the 5 minute major with one weak shot on net was new low for an already joke of a pp

Atleast i thought so till they stunk on the ensuing 5 on 3. That was pretty ugly.

But it paled in comparison to later to the 4 on 3 pp in overtime.....where jersey came as close to scoring as the habs did.

get out the sling shot !

here is an idea............ no member of the coaching staff on the ice when the habs work on a new pp system. Cannot make it worse.

Thine issue is simple... That stopped working when they locked down the playoffs. They better wake up quick or they are going to find it a shock when the playoffs start and it isn't easy to just turn it back on.

As for the PP, the complete lack of effort and urgency turned a mediocre PP into an embarrassment.

Maybe an embarrassment is needed, but can it be a coincidence that both the Habs-Bulldogs PPs have been quite horrible for 2 years now; Dogs PP has been right around bottom of AHL since change in Mgmt.

Beaulieu had quite an 'off' game, I assume they will scratch him tomorrow for Pateryn or Weaver.

The big question with this team is this:

Will they be able to return to the good habits and good play once the playoffs start?

They are coasting, looking ahead to the playoffs. It's understandable. But there's a school of thought that says you cannot turn it on and off like a tap.

We're going to find out if the Habs' players are battled-hardened playoff veterans sensibly hoarding their energies for a big playoff run; or if they have fallen into a classic trap of a young, successful team.

Maybe an embarrassment is needed, but can it be a coincidence that both the Habs-Bulldogs PPs have been quite horrible for 2 years now; Dogs PP has been right around bottom of AHL since change in Mgmt.

Beaulieu had quite an 'off' game, I assume they will scratch him tomorrow for Pateryn or Weaver.

Definitely not a coincidence, they play Le Genius's pp sytem in hamilton. At least I think they do. They want the guys coming up to play the same system in both places, which is great unless you don't have a clue how to make a pp work. They apparently don't teach PP to coaches in coaching school. The PP has cost us several games this year, this isn't the first and won't be the last. Le Genius is fresh right out of ideas.