2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

If they can go .500ish until Price comes back, Therrien's job is safe. MB has not done nearly enough, in fact, his two sterotypical gambles at RW self destructed before the 30th game.

500 ish? that dream is out the window.

Someone actually traded for Lecavalier, my goodness. He's off to LA along with Luke Schenn for Jordan Weal and a 3rd. The Flyers are eating half of the remaining amount for both Schenn and Lecavalier (who has two years at $4.5 M per left on his deal).

Wow! I know Nashville needs a center and offense, but unless they lock him up longterm this summer, this could be a horrible trade. Even if they do lock him up, I'd have moved Weber before jones.

Ryan Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones. A 1-1 swap. This qualifies as a 'good old-fashioned hockey trade'.

Wow! I know Nashville needs a center and offense, but unless they lock him up longterm this summer, this could be a horrible trade. Even if they do lock him up, I'd have moved Weber before jones.

Moving Weber is an easier said than done proposition given that he has 10 years left on his current deal (after this season) at nearly $8 M per year that will be subject to cap recapture penalties. A deal involving him would likely have to be done in the offseason when cap situations are more fluid.

I think their is a market for him. Edmonton would make that move in a heartbeat and would probably overpay for him. I have to think that Columbus would have been willing t take him and has the cap room - although they are another budget team.

Moving Weber is an easier said than done proposition given that he has 10 years left on his current deal (after this season) at nearly $8 M per year that will be subject to cap recapture penalties. A deal involving him would likely have to be done in the offseason when cap situations are more fluid.

The time for MB to make a move was during our strong start.

Turns out Eller and prospects and picks is not enough to get a big 23-year-old 70 point center.

Not looking forward to having to face Jones in the East for the next 15 years, however.

I think their is a market for him. Edmonton would make that move in a heartbeat and would probably overpay for him. I have to think that Columbus would have been willing t take him and has the cap room - although they are another budget team.

Don't forget Weber's contract is heavily front-loaded with high signing bonuses. It's probably a July 2nd type of deal if they ever wanted to move him for that reason alone. And Columbus doesn't have that much cap space to work with, even with moving Johansen.

Hextall did a good job. Rumor has it that Lecavalier is going to retire at the end of the season. So he basically dumps to players that they didn't want for a 3rd and a young player. Good trade between Columbus and Nashville. Addressed each others needs. Obviously the Canadiens never had a shot at Johansen with the return being Jones.

Wow! I know Nashville needs a center and offense, but unless they lock him up longterm this summer, this could be a horrible trade.

I agree. I haven't watched much of Jones, but it seems like he might have a lot of Norris nominations in him.

I think Nashville is taking a risk. I can see Johansson wanting to test free agency or wanting to go back home to vancouver. They were also pretty lucky that Jones fell that far back to them. Can you imagine TBL with Hedman and Jones? Yzerman has made a couple of horrible decisions with his 1st round picks

Don't forget Weber's contract is heavily front-loaded with high signing bonuses. It's probably a July 2nd type of deal if they ever wanted to move him for that reason alone. And Columbus doesn't have that much cap space to work with, even with moving Johansen.

Lecavalier announces he will retire after this season.

Did they get it in writing? You want to have that little detail in writing signed sealed and witnessed by the Devil.

I think Nashville is taking a risk. I can see Johansson wanting to test free agency or wanting to go back home to vancouver. They were also pretty lucky that Jones fell that far back to them. Can you imagine TBL with Hedman and Jones? Yzerman has made a couple of horrible decisions with his 1st round picks

It's a risk on Nashville's part given that Johansen held out once already and is set to take a one year arbitration ticket to free agency. But they still have him for 2.5 years no matter what which mitigates it a bit.

Did they get it in writing? You want to have that little detail in writing signed sealed and witnessed by the Devil.

Nothing like that can be signed unfortunately. At least, nothing that could be enforceable later on.

It's a risk on Nashville's part given that Johansen held out once already and is set to take a one year arbitration ticket to free agency. But they still have him for 2.5 years no matter what which mitigates it a bit.

Nothing like that can be signed unfortunately. At least, nothing that could be enforceable later on.

The risk is what made Johansen available. No risk - he is probably not on the market/ or not on the market for that price. What should be clear here is that high end trades aren't made with spare parts and if you want to keep your cost down in terms of assets going the other way, you may have to take on some risk.

Is that the word on Jones? He's not living up to his draft year billing?

Not my word. Definitely not. I believe that we'll see much more from Seth Jones than the next Jack Johnson. He's only 21yo...

Look at the following lineup:

CYE6057UsAAm1VA.png

What do they have in common? They've all been traded by Columbus since 2011. That's quite a few prominent players being dealt in that span.

Wow! That really speaks to one confused organization.

Look at the following lineup:

CYE6057UsAAm1VA.png

What do they have in common? They've all been traded by Columbus since 2011. That's quite a few prominent players being dealt in that span.

Woud be curious to see the same but for the Habs trades since 2011.

Atlanta/Winnipeg should be a fun one too. Almost no deal at all...