Oct. 17: Red Wings vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Not a bad idea. I remember beating the Blues last season in StLouis. Pateryn playing a whale of a game pasting Backes to the wall with a clean hard hit that rendered the Blues captain invisible the rest of the night. Tiny played in that win as well.

Fair enough. But Gilbert played rather well in the more limited role he had last night. I'd understand putting Pateryn in, but wouldn't do it myself - it'd be too much like punishing Gilbert for playing good hockey.

Guest Stogey24

Not a bad idea. I remember beating the Blues last season in StLouis. Pateryn playing a whale of a game pasting Backes to the wall with a clean hard hit that rendered the Blues captain invisible the rest of the night. Tiny played in that win as well.

Hell ya, I remember that game too. That was one of the best games they played all year

What game were you watching, or do you even bother to watch before posting???

Galchenyuk had an assist and always looked dangerous.

Semin and Weise were invisible through the game.

As much as I can't stand Gilbert and would rather see pateryn or Tinordi, you don't mess with a winning lineup unless someone really sucks.

Even though they're 6-0, I might be inclined to put Pateryn in for Gilbert next game. St. Louis is up next and they have a lot of size/grit up front; it might be nice to have someone a bit more adept at dealing with that. Gilbert was sub 15 minutes yesterday as well so it's not as if they'd be pulling someone out who played a big role.

That said, I wouldn't expect any changes and I wouldn't complain if they kept Gilbert in for Tuesday night.

Galchenyuk had an assist and always looked dangerous.

Semin and Weise were invisible through the game.

Semin and Wiese were not invisible. In paticular Wiese who really should have had a couple of goals. I have no idea what game you were watching.

If scratched Gilbert & Semin, it wouldn't break my heart. Gilbert has done fine, but still has brain cramps with puck and Semin seems to be quite useless (so far) and anyone else playing with 27-81 could do as well. Thomas has been impressive in scoring in St.Johns or Holloway?

I realize changes arnt coming till loss or two happen which is totally fine by me, but got to find something to whine about.

Personally, I haven't seen Semin as too bad so far, his skill is elite, and seems to be working hard.

Better in the lineup than last year's re-runs of Andrighetto, Thomas, Prust or Dumont I say...

Meh, I didn't really notice Weise or Semin much during the game. They were just there. Positive Visibility means doing something really noteworthy that ends up affecting the game in your favor. Whether it's an incredible defensive play that saves a goal, or being part of a rush that scores one. This team took 41 shots on net last night. Getting a couple nice ones that didn't go in isn't enough to register. There were several Habs tonight that I really didn't notice much. Patches didn't have the most spectacular of games, nor did Subban, or Markov, or Beaulieu.

Eller I actually noticed for a change, while he didn't put up any numbers, he controlled play for a couple of shifts and looked good doing it.

Of course, being "invisible" doesn't mean you played badly, either. Bad players are very visible, in a negative way. The fact that I didn't notice them means they didn't up, either.

Personally, I haven't seen Semin as too bad so far, his skill is elite, and seems to be working hard.

Better in the lineup than last year's re-runs of Andrighetto, Thomas, Prust or Dumont I say...

Same. I knew what we'd get from him. His opportunities are so high level. I don't think he's in any way holding the line back.

Guest Stogey24

Meh, I didn't really notice Weise or Semin much during the game. They were just there. Positive Visibility means doing something really noteworthy that ends up affecting the game in your favor. Whether it's an incredible defensive play that saves a goal, or being part of a rush that scores one. This team took 41 shots on net last night. Getting a couple nice ones that didn't go in isn't enough to register. There were several Habs tonight that I really didn't notice much. Patches didn't have the most spectacular of games, nor did Subban, or Markov, or Beaulieu.

Eller I actually noticed for a change, while he didn't put up any numbers, he controlled play for a couple of shifts and looked good doing it.

Of course, being "invisible" doesn't mean you played badly, either. Bad players are very visible, in a negative way. The fact that I didn't notice them means they didn't ###### up, either.

Markov hit a post and sent Pacioretty in on a breakaway. Thought he was noticeable all game, but I hear what your sayin

Of course, being "invisible" doesn't mean you played badly, either. Bad players are very visible, in a negative way. The fact that I didn't notice them means they didn't ###### up, either.

Semin had a golden chance when he came screaming from the corner to make a few moves and cut through the crease for a near goal, Made a great toe-drag fake and pass on a 3 on 2 that Eller just couldn't control fast enough for a good angle shot, commentators got on him about not shooting enough right after.

Weise had a great chance on a behind the net pass from Fleishman that he one timed but resulted in a great save by Mrazek. Had a couple great shifts down low with Fleishman cycling and controlling the play with tenacity and physicality.

Personally I noticed everyone doing something good at various points of the games, even Gilbert who has been lackluster was pretty solid last night. Although i'm still confused as to how he is being so clearly out shined by Beaulieu, I guess Beaulieu is just progressing nicely into what may soon become a top 4 d-man for us in the next couple years. Overall everyone is in the role they should be in, and are contributing in ways they should be, it is starting to look like if this team is healthy, it is without a doubt a contender.

Chucky still has problems finding his linemates. IMO, it is just a question of time before he is confident enough to hold the puck a little bit longer, to make sure that his passes are accurate and reach his wingers.

I think it's got to do with Semin. I don't think he has the speed to keep up with Chucky! Chucky has been a beast so far this year!

But there's no need to panic with Semin. I'm willing to give him 20 games before i start complaining! he's gonna need some time to adapt to his line mates!

Habs best two games of season last year were two straight road wins over Jackets and Blues. Out scored them like 10-3 in the two games. Played great hockey. Line up was changed anyways right after the blues win. Over coaching. Don't see that happening during this winning streak however. MT is not juggling the lines, or changing the line up so far. The less he does the better. Good coaches eventually learn when to just stay out of the way. (but its early) :nuts:

No player scores every game.... getting in on scoring chances that don't go in the net, is a sign of playing well, and if you keep being part of scoring chances the goals will come....... Being part of positive possession is huge over the course of 82 games.

If scratched Gilbert & Semin, it wouldn't break my heart. Gilbert has done fine, but still has brain cramps with puck and Semin seems to be quite useless (so far) and anyone else playing with 27-81 could do as well. Thomas has been impressive in scoring in St.Johns or Holloway?

I realize changes arnt coming till loss or two happen which is totally fine by me, but got to find something to whine about.

Thomas and Holloway are basically AHLers. While I am not a big fan of Semin, I feel that we need to be patient with him. Same thing with Gilbert. He is not a great player, but he has played with heart and discipline. He deserves to remain in the lineup.

One guy who really is a big surprise to me, even though he has not a single point to show for his efforts, is DSP. I find him a lot faster than last season. Even his stick handling (I did not believe that he had any!) and passing skills are not bad. No wonder that we have a better 4th line. Flynn and Mitchell are also quick on their skates; they know about positioning and can be dangerous when they get close to the net. That 4th line is definitely a big plus this season so far.

One guy who really is a big surprise to me, even though he has not a single point to show for his efforts, is DSP. I find him a lot faster than last season. Even his stick handling (I did not believe that he had any!) and passing skills are not bad. No wonder that we have a better 4th line. Flynn and Mitchell are also quick on their skates; they know about positioning and can be dangerous when they get close to the net. That 4th line is definitely a big plus this season so far.

Every line is dangerous, and every line is contributing. It's a nice clockwork machine right now.

No player scores every game.... getting in on scoring chances that don't go in the net, is a sign of playing well, and if you keep being part of scoring chances the goals will come....... Being part of positive possession is huge over the course of 82 games.

:thumbs_up:

For sure!

A significant difference than playing revolving bull dogs for 5 or 6 minutes as a fourth line. Great additions by MB and all three are already feeling like PART of the team. Great bench right now.

Guest Stogey24

Really wish Kassian had his shit together. Weise has played well on that third line, but I think Kassian would be have been a perfect fit

Really wish Kassian had his shit together. Weise has played well on that third line, but I think Kassian would be have been a perfect fit

Personally I think Wiese has done a super job. We miss Kassian? Ahh Kassian we barely knew yee.

Guest Stogey24

Your right, can't knock Weise really. I just think maybe a little more skill in that spot, may have a couple more goals at this point...