Oct. 24, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Good call Jeff. Our noble warriors are dead on their feet.

I love this team. Not our shiniest moment and I sure hope we can take Wankouver but I am so frankly surprised at how good we are.

Hurrah for our guys!!

Come on Carey.. .score!!

Carey is just wonderful.. Thanks Uncle Bob.

Neuf

Nine

NINE!!

And draggin' their butts to do it.

I am sooo likin' this wonderful team.

I'll take it.

Me too.

Whut's Wankouver like this year?

Good call Jeff. Our noble warriors are dead on their feet.

I love this team. Not our shiniest moment and I sure hope we can take Wankouver but I am so frankly surprised at how good we are.

Hurrah for our guys!!

Wankouver? Insert free backup goalie name joke...

Hope the team gets a few days off now. They deserve it and obviously need it.

Boy do they ever on both counts.

They had two days off this week (Sunday and Wednesday). I'm sure they'll be off tomorrow though.

You know your team has played amazingly well in a season when they win a game 5-3 and it's by far the worst game they have played. They were dead tired from playing last night, and there's no reason to think that this game wasn't a direct reflection of that and nothing more. I fully expect to see the Habs back on their A-game when they go for 10 in Vancouver.

You know your team has played amazingly well in a season when they win a game 5-3 and it's by far the worst game they have played. They were dead tired from playing last night, and there's no reason to think that this game wasn't a direct reflection of that and nothing more. I fully expect to see the Habs back on their A-game when they go for 10 in Vancouver.

Imewiduse.

Yup, people on twitter seem to be pretending that playing last night (plus travel after the game) while the leafs were resting in a hotel in Montreal had no effect. Glad to see that people here realize that isn't the case and was a major factor.

This is a good sign though, the team winning despite that adversity.

Just dawned on me how awesome it is to have a goal scorer like Pacioretty on the team. We went year and years without a 30 goal-scorer. Now we have a guy who is guaranteed 30, and will push for 40 every year. It's a good time to be a Habs fan!

Just dawned on me how awesome it is to have a goal scorer like Pacioretty on the team. We went year and years without a 30 goal-scorer. Now we have a guy who is guaranteed 30, and will push for 40 every year. It's a good time to be a Habs fan!

And he's one hell of a guy. I really admire him.

Patches is on pace for 63 goals and 100 points!

(Yeah, I know. But it does give you an idea how well he's playing right now.)

NHL +/- Leaderboard after tonight:

1. Max Pacioretty +12

2. P.K. Subban +11

2. Andrei Markov +11

2. Tomas Plekanec +11

5. B. Gallagher +8

Look at that...our top line, and top defensive pairing, are the top 5 in in the NHL for +/-.

Patches is on pace for 63 goals and 100 points!

(Yeah, I know. But it does give you an idea how well he's playing right now.)

NHL +/- Leaderboard after tonight:

1. Max Pacioretty +12

2. P.K. Subban +11

2. Andrei Markov +11

2. Tomas Plekanec +11

5. B. Gallagher +8

Look at that...our top line, and top defensive pairing, are the top 5 in in the NHL for +/-.

Nice to see indeed.

How'd you like our PP Brian?

The point shots seemed to work this time so I can't complain much. I actually liked the one PP where they didn't score but moved the puck really well in Toronto's end and at least were looking to get the forwards involved. It's that type of variety that will actually help free up Subban's blasts.

Out to dinner if the Falls and missed the game. Caught bits of the third. Sounds like the Habs two worst games of the year have been against the loafs. Big surprise, sloppy game every time they meet. Take the two points. Sign of a good team, playing bad and still getting the win. Looks good on Mike the professor Babcock.

Good to see Eller get another one.

Come on Carey.. .score!!

Carey is just wonderful.. Thanks Uncle Bob.

Gainey has large hand prints all over this team. :thumbs_up:

Weise 80% on 5 faceoffs :blush:

Flynn 75% on 12

MItchell 15% on 13

and again Galchenyuk held his own, 55% on 11 faceoffs :thumbs_up:

(Eller only took 1 and DD none)

Desharnais is playing through a minor injury that's preventing him from taking faceoffs. Fleischmann/Weise are filling in for him on the draws.

Have we seen enough of Semin yet, to criticize him and call for a replacement (even if just a game or two)? :blush:

To criticize? Sure, he has been inconsistent and lazy at times as expected so some criticism seems reasonable. I'd say it's a bit early to call for a replacement though. They don't have a roster spot right now to call up Holloway or Hudon (or whoever anyone wants called up) so the option is Semin or Byron. I like Byron but I think Semin has a better shot at producing than he does.

They will try Semin til february, maybe with some healthy scratches and demotions thrown in, but they won't abandon him. There just is no other top 6 RW available internally. If he doesnt wake up, look for a trade then. I predict Jarome Iginla.

The boys looked tired, played like crap, should have lost. But somewhere they found the back of the net enough times to win, Price had an interesting night. It happens sometimes that you win when you shouldn't, take em when you get em, cause it don't happen often. Now they got to rest up or whatever and get ready for the next test.

Sloppy game for sure; also a game, like our first game of the season, where our superior talent (Price, PK, Patches, Galy) produced victory despite an inferior overall effort. So I see this as a 'coast on your talent and win' kinda game - the sort of game that most teams can't get away with.

If it weren't for the back-to-back nights thing, I'd say that this game is a sign that a losing streak is imminent. When the players stop getting the fundamentals right, you can still eke out a win or two, but sooner or later you're going down. However, if they can rest and re-focus, we may yet avoid that fate.