Lars Eller - Alex Galchenyuk - Alexander Semin
Tomas Fleischmann - David Desharnais - Dale Weise
Brian Flynn - Torrey Mitchell - Devante Smith-Pelly

Andrei Markov - P.K. Subban
Alexei Emelin - Jeff Petry
Nathan Beaulieu - Tom Gilbert

Carey Price
Mike Condon

Injuries: Michael Bournival, Zack Kassian (SABH)

Scratches: Paul Byron, Greg Pateryn, Jarred Tinordi

Vancouver Canucks (3-2-3)

Projected Lineup

player_van.gif

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Radim Vrbata
Alexandre Burrows - Brandon Sutter - Jake Virtanen
Sven Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Jannik Hansen
Brandon Prust - Jared McCann - Derek Dorsett

Alex Edler - Chris Tanev
Ben Hutton - Yannick Weber
Matt Bartkowski - Luca Sbisa

Ryan Miller
Richard Bachman

Injuries: Dan Hamhuis, Chris Higgins, Jacob Markstrom

Scratches: Adam Cracknell

14-15 Leaders Montreal Vancouver

Game Notes

Goals Pacioretty (37) Vrbata (31) Puck Drop: 10:00 PM EST
Assists Subban (45) D. Sedin (56) National TV: N/A
Points Pacioretty (67) D. Sedin (76) Regional TV: RDS, SN VAN, CityM
PIMS Kassian (81) Dorsett (175) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Pacioretty (+38) Edler (+13) French Radio: FM 98.5

Looking at that lineup it is easy to see why

They look decent up front, I'm not sure about the back end though.

Should be a really good game tonight with both teams having a lot to play for. Van City has yet to win on home ice and would love to be the team to end this streak for the Habs. Even though they are saying they don't care, who in that locker room wouldn't want to make a little history? Plus, there is going to be some extra motivation for and from Price, Gallagher and Weiss. Not to mention bouncing back from that ugly game Saturday night. :gohabsgo:

Prusty: "I want to ruin the streak for them tonight". Pretty funny

That is very funny, I have more faith in Wiese getting a goal than Prusty. Who is he going to fight?

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

Prusty: "I want to ruin the streak for them tonight". Pretty funny

Ruin it....how exactly? That's a pretty funny statement from Prust, but I guess when a Montreal reporter asked him about the game he had to say something to make himself sound tough.

I'll predict he takes a stupid penalty, then the Habs will score on the power play. :-)

• Upvote 1

There was so much optimism here in Vancouver over the additions of rookies Virtanen, Hutton, and McCann. Clearly the fanbase needed its version of The Chicoutimi Cucumber to wag his finger and remind them that rookies seldom step in and make a big impact :nuts: Predictably, the fans are now on the coach for not giving the kids enough ice-time. The more things change...

Basically, you look at the Canuckleheads' bottom-3 on D and that patchwork bottom-6 up front, and there's no way we shouldn't beat these guys. My only reason for fretting is that we're due for a loss and that the Leaf's game looked suspiciously like one of those 'bad games that you win just before a streak ends.' We'll learn a lot about just how serious this team is about kicking ass all season long from this game, IMHO.

I'm kind of disappointed that Gaunce isn't doing better, but that's my own issue of always thinking the smart two way guys in junior are going to transition quick to the NHL regardless of skating speed. Gaunce will probably end up very Chipchura in his career.

There was so much optimism here in Vancouver over the additions of rookies Virtanen, Hutton, and McCann. Clearly the fanbase needed its version of The Chicoutimi Cucumber to wag his finger and remind them that rookies seldom step in and make a big impact :nuts: Predictably, the fans are now on the coach for not giving the kids enough ice-time. The more things change...

Basically, you look at the Canuckleheads' bottom-3 on D and that patchwork bottom-6 up front, and there's no way we shouldn't beat these guys. My only reason for fretting is that we're due for a loss and that the Leaf's game looked suspiciously like one of those 'bad games that you win just before a streak ends.' We'll learn a lot about just how serious this team is about kicking ass all season long from this game, IMHO.

Virtanen at a mere PPG was not particularly good in the WHL for a 19 year old, especially a top 10 pick.

If you aren't absolutely dominating a junior league, why would anyone think you are ready to make the huge jump from junior to the NHL.

Not saying he'll never make it, but why such big expectations now... its clear he needs more time.

No Hamhuis for Vancouver (maintenance day) so Matt Bartkowski draws in.

Also, for those who have Centre Ice (regular, not the French one), you may be stuck with the Vancouver broadcast. Although Sportsnet isn't cheaping out this year and will actually produce a Montreal broadcast at the same time, it's not available on the Centre Ice feeds for some carriers.