November 1, Winnipeg vs Montreal, 7 PM

dlbalr

Bye Bye Hutchinson!

I have Hutchinson in a pool. Something told me to pull him so I got him out of my lineup before game time. That worked out well.

Subban/Markov have logged heavy minutes tonight, 17+ minutes each. Hopefully they get the lightest workload in the 3rd.

Desharnais sucks... He'll never score points without Pacioretty.

We all knew he could because he already did last season when he was third line.

As Mike Johnson just said..."playing third line you get third line match ups, third line d pairs" 14 points in last two games for that line! :thumbs_up:

We've scored at least 50 goals in the first 13 games (assuming no more scored tonight.)

Last season we scored 221 goals in 82 games.

At this rate, we should surpass last season's goal total during our 58th game.

The grinders are sure playing well. As for Pacs, I figured this would happen. I doubt he was really in full condition for e season after the injury, so after 5 or 6 games it is catching up to him. I am sure he will be fine.

Some great saves from the backup.

Max has been pretty streaky in his career... he'll get on another streak soon.

We all knew he could because he already did last season when he was third line.

As Mike Johnson just said..."playing third line you get third line match ups, third line d pairs" 14 points in last two games for that line! :thumbs_up:

I've just seen it said so many times, on other sites, on twitter, on other message boards, on blogs, etc over the last 3-4 years... claiming the guy isn't an NHLer without Max carrying him.

I'm glad he's proving people wrong.

• Upvote 1

Max has been pretty streaky in his career... he'll get on another streak soon.

That whole line is due for a slump - they have 17 goals in now 13 games, a pace of 107 goals over the season. While it would be nice to have a line score 100+ goals, it's probably not going to happen. What you hope for is that the supporting cast picks up the slack. That's exactly what has happened the last two games.

I've just seen it said so many times, on other sites, on twitter, on other message boards, on blogs, etc over the last 3-4 years... claiming the guy isn't an NHLer without Max carrying him.

I'm glad he's proving people wrong.

:thumbs_up:

That whole line is due for a slump - they have 17 goals in now 13 games, a pace of 107 goals over the season. While it would be nice to have a line score 100+ goals, it's probably not going to happen. What you hope for is that the supporting cast picks up the slack. That's exactly what has happened the last two games.

Exactly. Take the jets as an example. That line of Little, Laad, Wheeler is tough to play against, add Buff to that and they shut down Pleks, Max, Gally completely. But the supporting cast got the job done. Love seeing this, been so long since we have been this deep in scoring ability.

Kypreos says wining is better than montreal. Not sure they backed that up today. I thought Condon looked really good tonight. Much more at ease.

Kypreos is an idiot!

I wasn't able to watch this one, alas, but it sounds like it was a humdinger. LOVE the fact that Bryon is playing the 'secret weapon' role - could he be another one of those MB steals, like Weise? And I've been a massive fan of the DD line all season long, so I'm delighted they came up big. Can we please stop hearing about the 3rd period against Edmonton now?

After a couple of losses, we rebound with gigantic thumpings of the Flames and the supposedly intimidating Jets. Not too shabby. And we seem to be doing it with depth - which is awesome.

I don't know how much was DOA Peggers or flying Frenchmen, but we sure looked good. And we've already had a Condon with no Semin joke so I'll keep mine for next time. Don't want to impede the flow.

Lord Byron might be the fastest player in the NHL.

DD's set up for Fleishmann is one of the best goal set up's I've seen all year.

Great to see Eller's skate get a goal. I mean, not the greatest goal to get but it was actually a very skilled move to re-direct the puck deliberately.

LOVE the fact that Bryon is playing the 'secret weapon' role - could he be another one of those MB steals, like Weise?

Lord Byron might be the fastest player in the NHL.

While the sample size is very small, it looks like an easy way to score a goal is to take a stupid penalty and put Byron out on the PK.