Dec. 10, Habs vs Red Wings, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

This lack of execution from the top players is starting to hurt the team. The depth players are doing their jobs, but subban and Pacioretty need to start producing. I've had just about enough of moral victories. Where is the hunger? Galchenyuk isn't ready to play top players and d pairs. He needs protection.

To me, recent weeks have shown just how important gallagher is to this team. His impact on the line up is huge. The drive and net front presence is gone. This last two weeks it's the same story repeating. Outplay oponent for much of the game, don't score. Make one mistake and lose the game over it. We can all cheer that they are playing well, but without execution where it matters. (Scoring goals), out playing folks means jack shit. There was a hole in the top six before gallagher went down. Now there are two. Galchenyuk needs to go back to the third line next game. He isn' the answer from what I'm seeing. He plays much better against third liners and third pairing d.

And please for the love of god, can you guys quit asking for the teams plus minus leader and very serviceable #6 defenseman... Gilbert, to be benched to make room for that bearded plug Patyrn that just cost the boys another game?

Your wasting your time on the last point, most everyone thinks Gilbert is the worst dman in the league.

Price is the most part of this team period, I do agree about the toughness and net front presence with Gallagher.

I think Mitchell is a big loss, that 4th line was really good when intact.

Guest Stogey24

To me, recent weeks have shown just how important gallagher is to this team. His impact on the line up is huge. The drive and net front presence is gone. This last two weeks it's the same story repeating. Outplay oponent for much of the game, don't score. Make one mistake and lose the game over it. We can all cheer that they are playing well, but without execution where it matters. (Scoring goals), out playing folks means jack shit. There was a hole in the top six before gallagher went down. Now there are two. Galchenyuk needs to go back to the third line next game. He isn' the answer from what I'm seeing. He plays much better against third liners and third pairing d.

And please for the love of god, can you guys quit asking for the teams plus minus leader and very serviceable #6 defenseman... Gilbert, to be benched to make room for that bearded plug Patyrn that just cost the boys another game?

Pateryn made one bad play and your throwing him under the bus. Come on

Meh I just don't want two non puck movers in the line up. Him and Emelin should never play in the same game.

I actually like Patyrn. I was just hoping people who trash Gilbert relentlessly would see how silly it looks.

Man, are we smallest team in league? Hudon, Ghetto, Byron, Plekanec, DD, Gallagher,

At the moment, yes. I don't think a lack of size has really cost them here though. The 2nd goal came off a dumb penalty, the 3rd a dumb turnover (coincidentally from two of the bigger players on the team).

• Upvote 1

Didn't get to see this one because Ovechkin was in town.

However, can we all (Habs fans) stop acting like Condon/Tokarski are playing well. Reading Mike Boone's blog, it seems like the fan base has it's head in the sand.

How many games has it been lately that three goals or more have been given up? You know who gives up three goals a night? Edmonton. They have for years.

I am surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of resting Petry. He has been shaky the last few games I thought

Really disappointing loss. Too many penalties and a brutal giveaway cost us. We're only a top team if we're playing smart and disciplined. Too bad for Pateryn, he'll probably not see the ice for a while after that.

And of course, we need another scoring forward. 2 goals each game isn't going to cut it.

So tired of seeing 3rd and 4th liners like Byron and Wiese on the top lines while seeing young, offensive players being wasted on the 4th line. It has never made sense to me to call young players up to serve a role other than what they typically excel at.

Also, it sure seems like this streak started when MT needlessly started shaking up the lines against Washington, a game where there was no reason to shake anything up, even thought the result wasn't there.

I don't get why Pacioretty and Plekanec were ever broken up. They're our best winger and best center, put them together and draw the best defensive matchups so Chucky and DD have easier ones. Chucky's not a 1st-line C.

Yeah, it's clearly not working, but then again, I don't think it's all Galchenyuk's fault either, Patch was nowhere close to him to pass to, looking for the breakaway I guess, dunno... a player like Patch should never be the non-factor he has been lately.

Galchenyuk was doing great with Ghetto and Eller, deny that.

A lot of fans throwing Pateryn, Tokarski, and the rookies under the bus, when in reality we wouldn't have scored a goal without the rookies for 2 games now, outside of Flash last night.

How about the veterans like Markov, Subban, Patch, and most of all Plekanec, if he could actually score a goal with the goalie in the net, we might win games like this. One of those break away chances goes in, and that's a different game.

He plays more on the perimeter now than ever, and is the opposite of a good line mate that creates offense, all he does is shoot, mostly wide, and yeah he scores 20 per year, blah, blah, blah, he is truly selfish near the net, maybe he cannot even perceive passing the puck to a line mate because he truly has no offensive vision other than shooting the puck from anywhere, missing the net 90% of the time, and the puck goes around the boards and out because of the terrible angle he shot it from. Combined with Eller, and there is no offensive vision on that line, Byron included, Jesus can't believe Byron is on that line, Byron, really???

Really, lately, more often than not, Plecanec's play leaves much to be desired, EVEN DEFENSIVELY, don't agree? Watch the games more closely then.... tis true.

Give the turtle neck his Patches back so his head and effort is in the game, and we get the best out of him in this losing streak... cause he sure is looking like a second rate 3rd line center right now...

Glad he hasn't got a no trade clause, I would love to see him shipped in a package for Duschene...

Pluck me. :ph34r:

Guest Stogey24

Yeah, it's clearly not working, but then again, I don't think it's all Galchenyuk's fault either, Patch was nowhere close to him to pass to, looking for the breakaway I guess, dunno... a player like Patch should never be the non-factor he has been lately.

A lot of fans throwing Pateryn, Tokarski, and the rookies under the bus, when in reality we wouldn't have scored a goal without the rookies for 2 games now, outside of Flash last night.

How about the veterans like Markov, Subban, Patch, and most of all Plekanec, if he could actually score a goal with the goalie in the net, we might win games like this. One of those break away chances goes in, and that's a different game.

He plays more on the perimeter now than ever, and is the opposite of a good line mate that creates offense, all he does is shoot, mostly wide, and yeah he scores 20 per year, blah, blah, blah, he is truly selfish near the net, maybe he cannot even perceive passing the puck to a line mate because he truly has no offensive vision other than shooting the puck from anywhere, missing the net 90% of the time, and the puck goes around the boards and out because of the terrible angle he shot it from. Combined with Eller, and there is no offensive vision on that line, Byron included, Jesus can't believe Byron is on that line, Byron, really???

Really, lately, more often than not, Plecanec's play leaves much to be desired, EVEN DEFENSIVELY, don't agree? Watch the games more closely then.... tis true.

Give the turtle neck his Patches back so his head and effort is in the game, and we get the best out of him in this losing streak... cause he sure is looking like a second rate 3rd line center right now...

Glad he hasn't got a no trade clause, I would love to see him shipped in a package for Duschene...

Pluck me. :ph34r:

Man, I couldn't agree more. Plekanec has been awful. He does have a lot if points, but he creates absolutely nothing. The pass that he gave up on last night to not get hit, made him look like a complete puss. He knew it too. There is a reason he's never become captain

Bergevin needs to take a serious look at this team. I'm starting to think the goal scoring at the start of the year was a mirage

Didn't get to see this one because Ovechkin was in town.

However, can we all (Habs fans) stop acting like Condon/Tokarski are playing well. Reading Mike Boone's blog, it seems like the fan base has it's head in the sand.

I suspect had you been able to see this game, you may not have included Tokarski in there. Yes, he allowed three goals yesterday. But yes, he played well. The defence hung him out to dry unfortunately.

I think part of the issue with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk is that they're both puck-dominant players. Galchenyuk likes to try to create a lot of plays while Pacioretty is used to the puck quickly getting to him. Sometimes it takes players like that a while to get used to one another. Given the overall offensive struggles though, I don't think they're going to have much longer of a leash to figure each other out.

Too bad Subban only got 3:59 of the 4:00 PP minutes, why did he rest that 0:01... he was doing so well, only thing he did was one nice wrist shot on net, rest was opposite of nice.

DD killed at faceoff's.

Poor Pateryn, one gaff ends up in back of net.

Did Galchenyuk even dress, he was a ghost out there. He ahd 3 shots even played some PK, but cant remember any of his shifts.

5minutes on PK for Markov and Plekanec didn't help.

The reality with the offense is they were 27th in the league last year in scoring, They added Fleishman (very good so far) and Semin who has already been waved. Other than that it's pretty much the same crew, don't know why anyone would expect them to keep the pace from the beginning of the year.

The reality with the offense is they were 27th in the league last year in scoring, They added Fleishman (very good so far) and Semin who has already been waved. Other than that it's pretty much the same crew, don't know why anyone would expect them to keep the pace from the beginning of the year.

Torrey Mitchell, Brian Flynn and Devante Smith-Pelly as well, plus Petry on the backend. Mitchell was big for us early in the season for bottom six goals and he has been hurt, along with Gallagher. That's 14 goals that should have been added upon and haven't been. Makes a difference. DD and Patches have both been slumping and Plekanec hasn't been scoring much anymore either.

I don't like seeing we're 1-4 in our last five and the past three games were all lost on third period goals. I don't like how exhausted some players look. There's a lot of disappointment on their faces. I think the goalies are doing the best they could be doing. This team has some injuries to overcome but I think they want a lifeline and not just AHL callups. I expect Marc Bergevin to do something soon to show he's not going to let the team float without help.

Guest Stogey24

Too bad Subban only got 3:59 of the 4:00 PP minutes, why did he rest that 0:01... he was doing so well, only thing he did was one nice wrist shot on net, rest was opposite of nice.

DD killed at faceoff's.

Poor Pateryn, one gaff ends up in back of net.

Did Galchenyuk even dress, he was a ghost out there. He ahd 3 shots even played some PK, but cant remember any of his shifts.

5minutes on PK for Markov and Plekanec didn't help.

I really feel bad for Pateryn. Eventhough a few plays before that he almost did the same thing with a pass to Gilbert. Shit happens though.

Guest Stogey24

Torrey Mitchell, Brian Flynn and Devante Smith-Pelly as well, plus Petry on the backend. Mitchell was big for us early in the season for bottom six goals and he has been hurt, along with Gallagher. That's 14 goals that should have been added upon and haven't been. Makes a difference. DD and Patches have both been slumping and Plekanec hasn't been scoring much anymore either.

I don't like seeing we're 1-4 in our last five and the past three games were all lost on third period goals. I don't like how exhausted some players look. There's a lot of disappointment on their faces. I think the goalies are doing the best they could be doing. This team has some injuries to overcome but I think they want a lifeline and not just AHL callups. I expect Marc Bergevin to do something soon to show he's not going to let the team float without help.

Bergevin has to do something. I'm not throwing the guy under the bus at all, I think he's a great G.M. The one thing he hasn't done though is fix this team's scoring woes. Half the team was playing over their heads to start the year. He had to have had an idea Weise wouldn't sustain his 30 goal pace.

I suspect had you been able to see this game, you may not have included Tokarski in there. Yes, he allowed three goals yesterday. But yes, he played well. The defence hung him out to dry unfortunately.

I think part of the issue with Pacioretty and Galchenyuk is that they're both puck-dominant players. Galchenyuk likes to try to create a lot of plays while Pacioretty is used to the puck quickly getting to him. Sometimes it takes players like that a while to get used to one another. Given the overall offensive struggles though, I don't think they're going to have much longer of a leash to figure each other out.

I'm not blaming Toke or Condon, but let's not kid ourselves: these are backup goalies playing like below average backups. I read "About Last Night" and Boone used the words "solid" "outstanding" and one other fluff adjectives. They're giving up three a night. If they gave up two in one or two games, kt would be a different conversation.