GDT - With a Little Luck - Habs @ Wild

Commandant

As the Habs keep losing, constantly out shooting, out chancing, out working, teams and just not getting the results, we need a little puck luck to get out of this bad streak. So thats what we look for tonight.

Lineups subject to change

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Weise

Eller - Galchenyuk - Carr

Fleischmann- Plekanec - Byron

Flynn - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly

Beaulieu - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Tinordi - Gilbert

Condon

Tokarski

vs

Zach Parise - Mikael Granlund - Jason Pominville

Thomas Vanek - Mikko Koivu - Jason Zucker,

Nino Niederreiter - Charlie Coyle - Justin Fontaine

Chris Porter - Jarret Stoll - Ryan Carter

Ryan Suter - Jared Spurgeon

Marco Scandella - Jonas Brodin

Nate Prosser - Matt Dumba

Darcy Kuemper

Devan Dubnyk

Ok, enough of this crap. Time for a post.

Been a real rough month so far but I fully believe the team can over come this and retain first place going forward. That is the good news. As crappy as the month of December has been we are still in first in our division. That speaks volumes for just how good this team is. The only problem would be if they start to not believe in themselves and that is what I see happening.

We are down key players. That can be hard but also can be a chance to improve and evaluate your assets. It has given us a chance to replace a useless winger, Semin with a young guy who can finish, Carr. That makes us a better team going forward. I know it isn't much but it is something. Maybe he nets us 10 in the playoffs? Who knows?

I guess the thing I really want to express is that I am not down on this team. Yet. I fully believe they can pull it together and become as dominant as they were at the beginning of the year. I am not interested in President Trophies myself. Only one type of championship banner flies in Montreal.

Gimme a win for Solstice boys.

Go Habs Go

Ok, enough of this crap. Time for a post.

Been a real rough month so far but I fully believe the team can over come this and retain first place going forward. That is the good news. As crappy as the month of December has been we are still in first in our division. That speaks volumes for just how good this team is. The only problem would be if they start to not believe in themselves and that is what I see happening.

We are down key players. That can be hard but also can be a chance to improve and evaluate your assets. It has given us a chance to replace a useless winger, Semin with a young guy who can finish, Carr. That makes us a better team going forward. I know it isn't much but it is something. Maybe he nets us 10 in the playoffs? Who knows?

I guess the thing I really want to express is that I am not down on this team. Yet. I fully believe they can pull it together and become as dominant as they were at the beginning of the year. I am not interested in President Trophies myself. Only one type of championship banner flies in Montreal.

Gimme a win for Solstice boys.

Go Habs Go

Nice post. I too believe in this team in a way that I have not believed in any Habs team since the Roy era. All the Chicken Littles are out to lunch IMHO. That said, it's tough to win with AHL goaltending, and that applies to any team.

Here's what I want to see: PK Subban score a goal on one of those point-bombs of his. He needs to re-establish that as a legit threat.

Well, Weber & Josi showed what happens when talented d-men actually put pucks on the net.

I can do without Subban's "point-bombs" and will settle for a nice low wrister that is actually on net and at worst, results in a rebound.

Fucale option upcoming as last resort before hitting trade market, or can they even recall him at this time of year?

Fucale option upcoming as last resort before hitting trade market, or can they even recall him at this time of year?

Under the roster freeze, no. While Tokarski was an emergency recall and thus in theory could be sent down by 11:59 PM tomorrow, he has to clear waivers now to do so and waivers are suspended until the freeze is lifted late this weekend.

Even if could recall Fucale, should they even try that?

I wouldn't. At best, he'd give you adequate goaltending at this stage of his career and he has been prone to softies in the past. Condon on most nights can still provide adequate goaltending so you're not really gaining anything. Might Fucale do better than Tokarski? Maybe, but I'd rather Tokarski sit on the bench as the interim #2 than Fucale as playing time is what is most important for him. He'll get that in the minors, not with the Habs.

I always try to remain optimistic, but this recent string of losses is depressing. It has been the same script: dominate possession and shots --don't score. Allow the other team to score. Repeat.

I understand battling through adversity, but I also believe that they need to battle through and win.

I boldly predict that Les Canadiens will score first tonight and win. Make it so.

Guest Stogey24

Unofficially retired. I don't think he put in his papers but he noted a year or so ago he wasn't seeking any offers either.

Ya, I just googled him. Forgot he went off the deep end for a bit there. I'd rather have a vet behind Condon than Tokarski though, straight up. Toke was a siv last year and is doing the same this year.

I refrain from logging on and reading the GDT when we lose. I usually stay away until I get over the loss; which sucks cause nothing relaxes me more after a long shift to lay in bed and read what you guys have to write about the game.

So long story short, this losing streak has screwed up my pattern.

Start winning damnit!!

Ya, I just googled him. Forgot he went off the deep end for a bit there. I'd rather have a vet behind Condon than Tokarski though, straight up. Toke was a site last year and is doing the same this year.

If they don't opt for Khudobin after the break and instead go for a cheaper option, Justin Peters may be a name to watch for. He has been a #2 before and is a little more consistent, yet unspectacular. Just a hunch on my end though.

Per Аrpon Basu #Habs 5-v-5 shooting % in December is 4.2%, last in NHL, per @war_on_ice. They’re 4th with 13 high-danger chances/60 over same span.

also per Basu

Habs 4-game losing streak:

SF-SA: 131-84

Shot%: 3.1%

Sv%: .798

GF-GA: 4-17

5v5 SAT%: 59.2%

Per Аrpon Basu #Habs 5-v-5 shooting % in December is 4.2%, last in NHL, per @war_on_ice. Theyre 4th with 13 high-danger chances/60 over same span.

also per Basu

Habs 4-game losing streak:

SF-SA: 131-84

Shot%: 3.1%

Sv%: .798

GF-GA: 4-17

5v5 SAT%: 59.2%

It's God awful, and no way it can continue. So much of this streak has to do with the schedule. There's no break. Compared to the Panthers and especially Bruins who have played pumpkin after pumpkin. The Bruins in particular have beat the Laffs twice, the Pens twice, Vancouver, and have been living on the loser point with seven of their last fifteen ending tied at regulation.