NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Q&A with Michel Therrien at his golf tournament. Also someone in the media asked Max Pacioretty if he was going to give up his C to Shea Weber and Pacioretty just said, "No"

What idiot asked that one?

Seems like they're really fixated on Team Canada from MT's responses.

Q&A with Michel Therrien at his golf tournament. Also someone in the media asked Max Pacioretty if he was going to give up his C to Shea Weber and Pacioretty just said, "No"

That question is exactly what is wrong with the media. I'm glad Pacioretty didn't elaborate anymore on that dumb question.

I don't know man... If that's Desharnais, that hand is probably a smidge lower....

You and your homosexual fantasies, not that there is anything wrong with that, but not everyone rolls that way sir. :rastapop:

That question is exactly what is wrong with the media. I'm glad Pacioretty didn't elaborate anymore on that dumb question.

I don't think it's dumb, it's a great question. Last year showed that when the habs needed leadership the most, Max wasn't there, and somehow PK got the focus for lack of leadership. Max may end up being the worst captain in canadiens history.

Guest Stogey24

Hey now, don't get mad because it's not you Therrien is trying to snuggle up to.

You and your homosexual fantasies, not that there is anything wrong with that, but not everyone rolls that way sir. :rastapop:

Hey now, don't get mad because it's not you Therrien is trying to snuggle up to.

:lol:

(Didn't you hear Mike explain, that he loves and treats his players like they were his own kids.)

I don't think it's dumb, it's a great question. Last year showed that when the habs needed leadership the most, Max wasn't there, and somehow PK got the focus for lack of leadership. Max may end up being the worst captain in canadiens history.

On zero planets in the universe would Pacioretty say in that moment "yes I plan on giving up the C" It doesn't matter how last season went, no man bestowed with that honor should give up being the leader, and if they did, yes they would be the worst Captain in history.

Patrick Roy just resigned from the Avalanche.

I wonder how bad Geoff Molson would want to see another 1993 alumni on the staff...

Wow, that's a bombshell. I said from the start that the two-headed Hydra of Roy/Sakic seemed unlikely to succeed, and was always skeptical of him as Coach Saviour. His Colorado experience seems to vindicate those particular opinions.

It'll be very, very interesting to see whether Montreal can resist the allure of St Patrick, assuming he wants to come here.

Wow, that's a bombshell. I said from the start that the two-headed Hydra of Roy/Sakic seemed unlikely to succeed, and was always skeptical of him as Coach Saviour. His Colorado experience seems to vindicate those particular opinions.

It'll be very, very interesting to see whether Montreal can resist the allure of St Patrick, assuming he wants to come here.

I was big on him being the next coach of the Habs back in 2012. He was my top choice. He hasn't exactly made it look like a great idea.

It's sad we missed out on the greatest moment in current hockey, when Colorado had so many goalies out, Roy almost played as an injury reserve.

Laval bound?

DENVER, CO, Aug. 11, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Patrick Roy, head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Colorado Avalanche, has issued the following statement:

"For the past three years, I have carried out my duties as Head Coach and Vice President of Hockey Operations for the Colorado Avalanche with energy, passion and determination.

I have thought long and hard over the course of the summer about how I might improve this team to give it the depth it needs and bring it to a higher level. To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met.

Today, I am informing you of my decision to leave the Colorado Avalanche organization. Though it saddens me, I have put much thought about this decision in recent weeks and have come to be fully comfortable with it.

I am grateful to the Colorado Avalanche organization, with which I remain in good terms, for letting me lead this great team. I thank all the players I have had the pleasure of coaching and the fans for their unwavering, unconditional support.

I remain forever loyal to the Avalanche with which I played 478 games, coached another 253, and won two Stanley Cups."

Patrick Roy does not intend to comment further on this announcement.

I was big on him being the next coach of the Habs back in 2012. He was my top choice. He hasn't exactly made it look like a great idea.

It's sad we missed out on the greatest moment in current hockey, when Colorado had so many goalies out, Roy almost played as an injury reserve.

I can't be too smug in having predicted problems for Roy. Whatever his limitations, at least he would have known how to coach PK Subban, other than running him out of town, like the orangutan currently behind the Habs' bench.

I can't be too smug in having predicted problems for Roy. Whatever his limitations, at least he would have known how to coach PK Subban, other than running him out of town, like the orangutan currently behind the Habs' bench.

Also that teams bigger trouble has been their defence, and that falls on his management skills with Sakic more than anything.

I also have a feeling whatever coach is in Colorado two seasons from now when Compher and Zadarov are better developed is gonna look like a genius.

Yes, Roy seemed to do well with Stastny & OReilly and Barrie, so of course he would same for Subban (although the two huge egos likely would be a bit much for Sakic to take).

Yes I know was a joke and sorry if came off different sir. You can call him whatever you like I am not offended as don't know him at all personally.

But, when you go off on a wild tangent again I got to try and set you straight, for your own good.

• dlbalr unpinned this topic