NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Kris Versteeg is set to sign in the Swiss league according to Darren Dreger. I find it hard to believe that he couldn't get an NHL deal. He's still a serviceable third line forward; I'd have much rather signed him than Farnham, that's for sure.

The Leafs waived Peter Holland in advance of his arbitration hearing Monday. If he clears, they'll exchange filing numbers tomorrow. That could be a bit awkward. (Minnesota did this with Jordan Schroeder earlier this week too, but he's more of a minor leaguer.)

Time for a shout out to Dave stubbs twitter feed. He's earning his pay at nhl.com. I always liked him.

Why do you say he is earning his pay? Likely is, but just wondering what you are referring to? that's all.

I like all of the old pics and nostalgia stuff he tweets all the time. Lol. I guess earning his pay doesnt really make sense.

Agree.

Detroit has a pricey goalie tandem now as they re-signed Mrazek for two years with a cap hit of $4 million. They still have Howard for three more years around $5.3 million as well. I suspect they're going to have fun trying to find a taker for Howard.

Mike Hoffman signed a four year deal with Ottawa with a cap hit just shy of $5.2 million. I can't help but wonder if they'll try to trade him next offseason when the bigger money starts in the contract.

Calle Jarnkrok really likes Nashville - he signed a six year deal with a cap hit of only $2 million. That seems like a real team-friendly deal.

Guest Stogey24

That's Hockey did a bit on Montreal and their offseason moves. No one seems very fond of whats going on in Montreal.

I honestly think Bergevin is feeling the heat.

That's Hockey did a bit on Montreal and their offseason moves. No one seems very fond of whats going on in Montreal.

I honestly think Bergevin is feeling the heat.

Is that news? After a 22nd place finish, which GM wouldn't be?

Well you seem to think he's doing OK, don't you?

Yes and without knowing many actual facts about moves or deals he tried to make in past 4 years that never panned out, got few complaints. Didn't like Briere signing, but that is only one I can think of I never liked.

Yes and without knowing many actual facts about moves or deals he tried to make in past 4 years that never panned out, got few complaints. Didn't like Briere signing, but that is only one I can think of I never liked.

How did you feel about Emelin's contract? That's one I've always really disliked.

I can think of a stooopid trade I did not like.

How did you feel about Emelin's contract? That's one I've always really disliked.

At the time, I thought was a moderate risk signing him even before his knee was 100%, but hoped he was still gonna be that physical top 4 guy. In hindsight it would be nice to knock off some of his salary; but when he plays vs the Bruins he seems to earn his $, but his puck skills just arnt NHL calibre and I get darn nervous every time anyone passes him the puck.

Arizona is going to buy out Vermette by the looks of it. If it wasn't for the fact that the Habs don't really have a roster spot for him, I'd have liked him as a third line option.

Me too. Might it be incentive to try to make a trade?

Me too. Might it be incentive to try to make a trade?

The trade candidate to open up the spot for Vermette is DD.

Consider he makes 3.5 million

Consider a similar player in Sam Gagner went off the market on a one-year $650,000 deal today.

Consider the team trading for him could just sign Vermette cheaper than DD instead.... or could sign Jiri Hudler likely cheaper than 3.5 million, or Brandon Pirri... and I don't see the market to trade the guy.

Guest Stogey24

I really thought Desharnais was tradeable, seeing as there is only 1 year left on his deal.

What about putting a guy like Flynn on waivers?

I really thought Desharnais was tradeable, seeing as there is only 1 year left on his deal.

What about putting a guy like Flynn on waivers?

Desharnais could be tradeable but not until midseason at this point or unless they're taking comparable salary back.

Flynn on waivers is already a possibility depending on what happens in training camp. Could they maybe move him to free up a bit of money? I suppose they could although there are comparable players to him still in free agency too.

Desharnais could be tradeable but not until midseason at this point or unless they're taking comparable salary back.

Flynn on waivers is already a possibility depending on what happens in training camp. Could they maybe move him to free up a bit of money? I suppose they could although there are comparable players to him still in free agency too.

Flynn on waivers makes my mouth water. I'll never figure out why we plucked two regulars from one of the worst teams ever. That, for sure, was the apex of Bergevin's "Dr. Cheapass" period.

Detroit has a pricey goalie tandem now as they re-signed Mrazek for two years with a cap hit of $4 million. They still have Howard for three more years around $5.3 million as well. I suspect they're going to have fun trying to find a taker for Howard.

Mike Hoffman signed a four year deal with Ottawa with a cap hit just shy of $5.2 million. I can't help but wonder if they'll try to trade him next offseason when the bigger money starts in the contract.

Calle Jarnkrok really likes Nashville - he signed a six year deal with a cap hit of only $2 million. That seems like a real team-friendly deal.

Who'd you rather? Wings or Stars goalie tandem lol? :crazy:

• dlbalr unpinned this topic