Oct. 13 - Season Opener, Habs vs Sabres

dlbalr

We're seeing the good and the not-so-good of a smaller, skilled fourth line so far.  Byron's speed has been very effective and Mitchell has had a good game so far too.  (Danault has been quieter but not bad.)  But, they get easily pushed around and aren't the type of unit that can throw a hit or two to get some energy on the bench compared to what Deslauriers has done for Buffalo. 

10 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Thanks.  You'd be surprised how much this new board doesn't like HTML code - a lot of the GDT templates I have are no good now (or at least require some adjustments).  I had to do this one from scratch and it took a fair bit of trial and error even though it looks pretty basic.

Nice work Brian.. sure appreciated. 

Just got in to the game

The dreaded three goal lead...

6 minutes ago, Scott462 said:

I don't know what it is but Buffalo always seem to give Montreal and run for their money. Still 4-1 can't complain.

Hope Mitchell is ok

Amen. 

It was a win.

Emelin, Montoya and Gallgher were great.

Sergachev had a few gaffs, what do you expect from an 18 year old on D, he will plenty more. Several D made some bone headed plays.

Feel bad for Mitchel, guy can't stay healthy, I thought the 4th line was real good

Sloppy game, but good showing by some of new guys and Emelin must of thought he was playing vs the Bruins.

Can I say I don't feel bad Kane has couple broken ribs, without being insensitive?

1 minute ago, DON said:

Sloppy game, but good showing by some of new guys and Emelin must of thought he was playing vs the Bruins.

Can I say I don't feel bad Kane has couple broken ribs, without being insensitive?

Yes, you can. It's encouraged.

And from the way he hit the boards, he's lucky he didn't dislocate his shoulder.

38 minutes ago, DON said:

OK>. Let's here it.. without being insensitive.. Ha! :tumbleweed:

• Upvote 1

Glad to get out of Buffalo with a win; it's never easy there it seems.  Lehkonen was close to scoring on several occasions...hoping for big things from our second line this season.  Hoping for a better overall team effort against the Sens on Saturday night.

Looking forward to actually being able to watch on Saturday. I saw the highlights and am glad we came out with the win.

If Price is out much longer then I'm going to start the conspiracy theories myself. I've had him in fantasy two years in a row and would love for him to finally play!

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Shaw received a match penalty for slew-footing at the end of the game so I wouldn't be surprised if a suspension will be forthcoming.

rally bad play, no injury but still should be 4 or 5 minimum.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Nice to see Shaw is doing everything in his power to prove me right. 

You know shaw scored last night...

Lehkonen-galchenyuk-Radulov is a line I think could do some magic. 

Pacioretty-plekanec-gallagher seems like a more fitting line.

Just a hunch, but I think this will be the year Plekanec takes a hit in the point totals

5 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

You know shaw scored last night...

Never said Shaw couldn't score. I'm still convinced he'll find his way into the top six. 

He's a numbskull who never went too far when he was younger on a Blackhawks powerhouse but since last year he has been off his chain. He's going to continue to be suspended, continue to take bad penalties, continue to fight for no reason, and all the while provide secondary scoring so guys like you will have something to excuse it.