Game Notes

Goals Galchenyuk (9) Burns/Couture (9) Puck Drop: 10:30 PM EST
Assists Markov (15) Pavelski (14) National TV: N/A
Points Galchenyuk (22) Burns/Pavelski (21) Regional TV: SNE, RDS, CSN-CA
PIMS Shaw (58) Haley (32) English Radio: TSN 690
+/- Weber (+18) Karlsson (+5) French Radio: FM 98.5

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JGC21 said:

I really hope Pacioretty gets moved to the top line.

I like him on that second line with the idea of having a couple of quality scoring units (at least in theory).  I'd like Carr to get a look on that top line, odd as it may sound.  With two players comfortable handling the puck like Galchenyuk and Radulov are, they need someone capable of scoring some garbage goals around the net.  Carr has shown he can do that and it would allow Byron to go into more of a defensive role which is better suited for him. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I like him on that second line with the idea of having a couple of quality scoring units (at least in theory).  I'd like Carr to get a look on that top line, odd as it may sound.  With two players comfortable handling the puck like Galchenyuk and Radulov are, they need someone capable of scoring some garbage goals around the net.  Carr has shown he can do that and it would allow Byron to go into more of a defensive role which is better suited for him. 

Glad to see that someone else believes that Carr could be usefull with Chucky and Radu.

I wouldn't hate seing Lehkonen get a long look as well.  He may not be at his best 12 inches away from the crease but he certainly is  5 feet away from it.

48 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Glad to see that someone else believes that Carr could be usefull with Chucky and Radu.

I wouldn't hate seing Lehkonen get a long look as well.  He may not be at his best 12 inches away from the crease but he certainly is  5 feet away from it.

I think you could put anyone on that line and they wouldn't look bad.

Hope Montoya has all the soft goals out of his system and shuts the door today, I think would be great for his confidence.

15 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Since 1999 If I'm correct.

Was that the game in which Craig Rivet (!!!) went end to end in OT and scored the game winner? I recall that as one hell of a game with a humdinger of an ending - and only remember it because of the absurd denouement of Craig Rivet's heroics.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Was that the game in which Craig Rivet (!!!) went end to end in OT and scored the game winner? I recall that as one hell of a game with a humdinger of an ending - and only remember it because of the absurd denouement of Craig Rivet's heroics.

Yep, Rivet had the winner.

Scoring Summary: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/19992000/GS020293.HTM

Stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/19992000/ES020293.HTM

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It was such a dandy goal that they ended up trading Josh Gorges and a pick (Pacioretty) for him years later

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

I agree wholeheartedly for the reasons you mention, and one other: I don't want Pacioretty, should he chose to be the lazy bum he has been on many other nights, dragging down Galchenyuk and Radulov...it's just too great a risk to take.  Far better to put a hard worker like Carr in there to compliment their game.

HIO Boone Doom & Gloom

"Figure the Canadiens are about due for a W in San Jose?

They haven’t won at the Shark Tank since Nov. 23, 1999, when Craig Rivet (remember him?) beat Mike Vernon (remember him?) 3:50 into Overtime.

Since then, the Canadiens are 0-7-2 in San Jose. They have been outscored 37-17 and shut out three times.

Last Feb. 29, Joe Pavelski scored twice and San Jose outshot the Canadiens 36-23 en route to a 6-2 win. The game began a road trip during which the Canadiens lost to San Jose, Anaheim, L.A. and Winnipeg"

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Plekanec has been bumped off every line. I honestly think it's a matter of time before he's gone  

Is there a market for a slumping undersized 6M dollar center with another year at that price left on his contract?

Guest Stogey24

Sometimes I just see the 7 on the jersey and think Pacioretty is having a great shift, then I realize it's Radulov and it all makes sense