Jump to content

Nathan Beaulieu Dealt to Sabres for 3rd Round Pick


Habsfan84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Stogey24
42 minutes ago, Commandant said:

early 3rd rounder > Hudon's value on the open market. 

 

Which is why i still think the Knights will take someone else from us. 

Could see emelin going  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

 Correction, hope to hell emelin goes.

What will it cost Bergy to have Vegas take Emelin (or Plekanec)...2nd round pick?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

Is there really that much of a difference? 

 

Put on a GM hat for a moment - do you think Hudon is worth a 2nd round pick on his own?  (Keeping in mind he's no longer waiver exempt and has all of six games of NHL experience, both are concerns for someone who'd want to take him.)  I don't think he'd get that.  If Hudon gets taken in option two, the pick they got for Beaulieu is equivalent to about peak value (if not a bit better) for Hudon which would then make the same as Beaulieu for nothing which is your first scenario.  Value wise, there isn't a big gap between the two options unless you're more optimistic about Hudon's NHL future than I am.

I don't know about Hudon's future, but i'm sure more optimistic about Beaulieu's future than this 3rd rounder or Jamie Benn's...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DON said:

What will it cost Bergy to have Vegas take Emelin (or Plekanec)...2nd round pick?

 

Word is the Islanders are giving up a 1st round pick and Grabovski in exchange for leaving Kulemin open in the expansion draft to be taken. 

 

So yes, a 2nd round pick is a fairly accurate price. However, Vegas might be accepting so many other floor-reaching salary trades that Pleks salary won't be appealing even with an incentive. 

 

Fingers crossed though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are taking 15th overall to 

 

- pass on guys like Nelson and Strome and Bailey

- take Kulemin (4.2 for a bad player)

- take Grabovski (5.5 in dead space)

 

So yeah a late second for Plekanec sounds fair, since we are only asking them to pass on Hudon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DON said:

What will it cost Bergy to have Vegas take Emelin (or Plekanec)...2nd round pick?

I read an article this morning that a french writer says he spoke to Mcphee, who told him they were taking Pleks100%. Of course I can't find that article but it was on tsn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, habs rule said:

I read an article this morning that a french writer says he spoke to Mcphee, who told him they were taking Pleks100%. Of course I can't find that article but it was on tsn.

Martin Lamey was saying the same thing on TSN 690 the other day. 

 

He thinks Pleks has the most value because they could flip him at the deadline for a first rounder.  (That's what he said)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Davehab said:

He thinks Pleks has the most value because they could flip him at the deadline for a first rounder.  (That's what he said)

 

He'd be a great pickup for the playoffs for the Habs :lol:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Davehab said:

Martin Lamey was saying the same thing on TSN 690 the other day. 

 

He thinks Pleks has the most value because they could flip him at the deadline for a first rounder.  (That's what he said)

That is it. Martin Lemay. Thanks Davehab.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never liked anything I've seen from Nathan Beaulieu on the ice, with the exception of his scrappy defense of his teammates.

 

I kept wanting to be wrong, but ever since we brought him up to the NHL, he's been an offensive-only puck-moving defenseman who doesn't generate offense and never moves the puck. I'm happy getting a 3rd for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

I have never liked anything I've seen from Nathan Beaulieu on the ice, with the exception of his scrappy defense of his teammates.

 

I kept wanting to be wrong, but ever since we brought him up to the NHL, he's been an offensive-only puck-moving defenseman who doesn't generate offense and never moves the puck. I'm happy getting a 3rd for him.

 

I share your viewpoint other than being happy getting a 3rd for him. Not that I think he could have got more for him, just that it's disappointing that was the return for him after all these years of hope. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jeff Price (no relation) said:

I have never liked anything I've seen from Nathan Beaulieu on the ice, with the exception of his scrappy defense of his teammates.

 

I kept wanting to be wrong, but ever since we brought him up to the NHL, he's been an offensive-only puck-moving defenseman who doesn't generate offense and never moves the puck. I'm happy getting a 3rd for him.

So  28 pts for a 21yo forward Lehkonen is great.

But 28 pts for a 23yo defenseman Beaulieu means nothing ?

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Trizzak said:

 

Word is the Islanders are giving up a 1st round pick and Grabovski in exchange for leaving Kulemin open in the expansion draft to be taken. 

 

So yes, a 2nd round pick is a fairly accurate price. However, Vegas might be accepting so many other floor-reaching salary trades that Pleks salary won't be appealing even with an incentive. 

 

Fingers crossed though!

 

The Kulemin portion of the rumoured deal has been recanted. The rest is accurate, but they don't know who is being selected by Vegas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

So  28 pts for a 21yo forward Lehkonen is great.

But 28 pts for a 23yo defenseman Beaulieu means nothing ?

I was going to say the same thing. 

 

Petry takes absolutely no heat around here and he led the Habs in turn overs. Same point totals as Beaulieu with more Gp too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Turnovers is a flawed statistic. 

 

Until the NHL make a consistent definition of what is a turnover, It means nothing. 

 

On top of that Petry played way more minutes than Beaulieu. 

 

You also have to look at how much each player has the puck, and what they are doing with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Stogey24

Turn overs is a flawed stat for everyone then. So its an equal playing field. 

 

I've never like Petry honestly. I think he's overrated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

So  28 pts for a 21yo forward Lehkonen is great.

But 28 pts for a 23yo defenseman Beaulieu means nothing ?

 

Beaulieu turned 24 last December, he'll be 25 early next season.

 

If Lehkonen doesn't add 20 points per year within 3 years, I'll be on his case, too.  At 22, Beaulieu had a goal and 8 assists in 64 games played, his first full season in the NHL.  At 21 he played only 17 games and had a grand total of 2 assists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Colin said:

Good riddance Beaulieu. I think that's a pretty good return for what he's become.

 

Here's a plus to the trade - it brings Colin back to the board.  Long time no talk, hope things are going well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I was going to say the same thing. 

 

Petry takes absolutely no heat around here and he led the Habs in turn overs. Same point totals as Beaulieu with more Gp too

I would hope you try and pull for Hab players and not look for reasons why we all should dump on them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Colin said:

Good riddance Beaulieu. I think that's a pretty good return for what he's become.

Good to see you back Colin, hang around for  while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

 

Here's a plus to the trade - it brings Colin back to the board.  Long time no talk, hope things are going well.

He's all serious now. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...