GAME 5: Habs at Flyers, 8 PM on 19 August

tomh009

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

KK's skating is just so much better than it was. His shot is also much improved. 

This is encouraging that his play in these playoffs is not just some lucky streak, but actually the result of real improvements in his skills.

He looks so much better.

1 minute ago, DON said:

And just turned 20 and looking stronger on his skates and has some confidence now for sure..

Thats why I want to see Poehling play.  It's potentially possible that he comes in a gets a hat trick but they wont figure that out by sitting him.  They can only name a bunch of players that wont. 

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Thats why I want to see Poehling play. 

Muller chose Hudon over him, so obviously he just isnt that high on depth chart as fans think or hope for.

Just now, DON said:

Muller chose Hudon over him, so obviously he just isnt that high on depth chart as fans think or hope for.

I'm guessing his attitude upon being sent down after camp has sunk him with the organization.  When a guy who has failed repeatedly like Hudon gets the call over you, the writing is on the wall.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

He looks so much better.

Thats why I want to see Poehling play.  It's potentially possible that he comes in a gets a hat trick but they wont figure that out by sitting him.  They can only name a bunch of players that wont. 

The coaching staff that started training camp with KK as a healthy scratch and quickly moved him up the lineup given his work in practice, are the same people who are evaluating Poehling and have used Weal, Weise, Belzille, Evans, and now Hudon ahead of him.   Its not the time to experiment, its the time to tell players to earn their spot.   Poehling's regular season did not earn it, and I have to believe if he has improved, he'd get the same opportunity KK got. 

Hudon had a great shift on the forecheck, leading to Armia drawing that penalty at the end of the period.  He threw a nice hit, got the puck.... the flyers got it after a shot on net, then he chased it down and got it again. 

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Thats why I want to see Poehling play.  It's potentially possible that he comes in a gets a hat trick but they wont figure that out by sitting him...

I could potentially win the 6/49 tonight ... if they dress Hudon ahead of him tht speaks volumes on how they feel about Ryan these days

EDIT: As I now see others have said.

7 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Hudon had a great shift on the forecheck,

Why he on and Drouin dont do more of that, simply follow though on their forechecks, use the d-man as boards and lean on him or put him through the boards...or somewhere in between, instead of the Rene Bourque fly-by stick check.

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The coaching staff that started training camp with KK as a healthy scratch and quickly moved him up the lineup given his work in practice, are the same people who are evaluating Poehling and have used Weal, Weise, Belzille, Evans, and now Hudon ahead of him.   Its not the time to experiment, its the time to tell players to earn their spot.   Poehling's regular season did not earn it, and I have to believe if he has improved, he'd get the same opportunity KK got. 

It's funny because I wasnt against sending KK down, but I didint like the timing of it.  If his fight hadnt happened I wouldnt have disagreed at all, but that was just so funny and out of nowhere and he was doing better after that as was the whole team.  Thats why I questioned the timing of it but it seems to have paid off big time. 

I understand your point, but Phoeling does well in big games, and his potential is more than the others.  Most of them could be decent 3rd or 4th line guys but I doubt any of them will be 1st or 2nd line guys, where Peohling might be capable of getting 30+ g/yr. 

9 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I'm guessing his attitude upon being sent down after camp has sunk him with the organization.  When a guy who has failed repeatedly like Hudon gets the call over you, the writing is on the wall.

I do not think it is that dramatic a reason . 
he is just not ready yet 

8 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I would guess it is more his play while in Laval more than his attitude when sent down ... common for players to be pissed and "sulk" for a bit ... most get over it ... 1g, 1a in 27 games indicates to me that he didn't

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It's funny because I wasnt against sending KK down, but I didint like the timing of it.  If his fight hadnt happened I wouldnt have disagreed at all, but that was just so funny and out of nowhere and he was doing better after that as was the whole team.  Thats why I questioned the timing of it but it seems to have paid off big time. 

I understand your point, but Phoeling does well in big games, and his potential is more than the others.  Most of them could be decent 3rd or 4th line guys but I doubt any of them will be 1st or 2nd line guys, where Peohling might be capable of getting 30+ g/yr. 

Poehling is never going to score 30 g/yr.  I'm very confident in saying that. 

He was never a big scorer in college. 

If Poehling develops to his full potential, he becomes another Philip Danault.   That's the upside.   Don't be fooled by one freak game that was his first NHL game. 

He's a solid two-way player, but has never been a big time offensive producer.   His potential is to be a two-way guy who you can play against the other team's top line, and who can kill penalties and win faceoffs.  His offensive production is always going to be 2nd line at best, but more likely third line.