Jump to content

Norlinder signs ELC


Recommended Posts

  • alfredoh2009 changed the title to Norlinder signs ELC

Excellent news ... it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the North American game/ice-surface ... seems to have the toolkit to be a PMD ... whether he becomes one only time will tell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth noting, he's under contract in Sweden next season and unless he cracks Montreal's roster (which almost certainly isn't happening), he has to go back there.  He's not a first-round pick so the Habs can't supersede his existing contract.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Can't they buy out the remainder of his European contract? Or is that not allowed?

I think they can ... but it is not likely for a player unlikely to play in the NHL next season ... unless the "number" is very reasonable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Can't they buy out the remainder of his European contract? Or is that not allowed?

I don’t know if that is an option; for me what is important is that he gets the time needed to develop.

If I am not mistaken, he did not have a great year this past season and would need extra time like Brook

If I remember correctly, there are the two point producing Ds in the pipe Brook (RD) and Norlinder (LD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good news but far from NHL i hope they give him 1 year in Sweden and one year with AHL. Only 10 pts and minus 9. Seider a real prospect had 28 points and +14. Eric Gelinas had 34 points and + 22 do you want him back ?

 

Romanov his not Bobby Orr and Norlinder is not Lidstrom. Both will probably be regulars in the NHL but this tendancy to see habs prospect as saviors or future all star is dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Can't they buy out the remainder of his European contract? Or is that not allowed?

He can play for the Habs in 2021-22. If he doesn't make the team, though, he'll go back to Sweden -- AHL is not an option next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thx for posting this.  Its ironic for me because I was actually wondering about Norlinder just the other day.  

 

I was considering posting to ask if there would be a remote chance if he could be with the Habs next year, or what his potential ETA might be.  All of your replies answered my questions.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Can't they buy out the remainder of his European contract? Or is that not allowed?

 

The Habs can't buy out a european contract.  Doing so is considered salary under the salary cap.  Then because its an ELC, it becomes an illegal contract with too big a signing bonus.

 

Norlinder would have to buy it out himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Easy Ryder said:

Good news but far from NHL i hope they give him 1 year in Sweden and one year with AHL. Only 10 pts and minus 9. Seider a real prospect had 28 points and +14. Eric Gelinas had 34 points and + 22 do you want him back ?

 

Romanov his not Bobby Orr and Norlinder is not Lidstrom. Both will probably be regulars in the NHL but this tendancy to see habs prospect as saviors or future all star is dumb.

 

Who is calling him a savior or future all-star.  I haven't seen one person on this board do that. 

 

so you are creating a straw man to fight against.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Who is calling him a savior or future all-star.  I haven't seen one person on this board do that. 

 

so you are creating a straw man to fight against.

 

He's been called Norrislinder for a year on Reddit, albeit tongue in cheek.  I still expect big things from him even after a down year, mostly because of Jack Han's overconfidence lol. I wonder if we'll get one elite player out of Norlinder, Harris, Struble, and Guhle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Neech said:

 

He's been called Norrislinder for a year on Reddit, albeit tongue in cheek.  I still expect big things from him even after a down year, mostly because of Jack Han's overconfidence lol. I wonder if we'll get one elite player out of Norlinder, Harris, Struble, and Guhle. 

 

Throw in Josh Brooks and its a pretty good group of defence prospects with prospects being the key word. If two of them turn into good pros then the Habs will be in decent shape.  Ideally 3 of that group turn out, maybe that's a little optimistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Neech said:

 

He's been called Norrislinder for a year on Reddit, albeit tongue in cheek.  I still expect big things from him even after a down year, mostly because of Jack Han's overconfidence lol. I wonder if we'll get one elite player out of Norlinder, Harris, Struble, and Guhle. 

 

Fair, but then doesn't EasyRyder's comment have more of a place on reddit, than with this audience of Habs fans who aren't calling him those things?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

 

Fair, but then doesn't EasyRyder's comment have more of a place on reddit, than with this audience of Habs fans who aren't calling him those things?

 

A little leakage is normal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...