GAME# 74 Habs vs CBJ 7pm April 13 2022

DON

Wow, great milestone for Nick. 
Hopefully we see him pass the 1000 mark in bleu, blanc et rouge.

First game back in Columbus for Anderson and a promotion to big line w/ 14/22.   Could be a big games for him, and Savard as well.  

Columbus is bad defensively, but so is Mtl, so could be a good night for individual points and also still get the L and help lottery odds.

go Habs go ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That seemed to deflate the Habs too as they were pretty lousy the rest of the period.

They should just put Montembeault on waivers and play Primeau instead. Maybe he can at least make a save once in a while.

41 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Wait, I thought we were supposed to trade Allen and use Montembeault as #1A next season?!?

I think there may have been a hint of sarcasm from his post...

In all honesty, Montembeault had a pretty good second period.  Hard to fault him on either of those two goals and he made a few big stops before that to keep it a one-goal game.

10 hours ago, Commandant said:

Tank commander Montembault on the job with the first goal.

and coach killer

but not because of a deliberate attempt to ice the worst team possible to take advantage of team rules.... maybe Hugh-Gort is a gambler and need to win a bet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanking_(sports)

"Tanking is differentiated from actions taken to achieve a pre-determined result in a specific contest, thus violating the rules of the game (and possibly laws), which is more specifically deemed match fixing. "

4 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

and coach killer

but not because of a deliberate attempt to ice the worst team possible to take advantage of team rules.... maybe Hugh-Gort is a gambler and need to win a bet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanking_(sports)

"Tanking is differentiated from actions taken to achieve a pre-determined result in a specific contest, thus violating the rules of the game (and possibly laws), which is more specifically deemed match fixing. "

Oh FFS... give it up man... the season shows that the only coach killer was Ducharme, committing coach suicide with his horrible coaching.  The fact that nearly every player improved when he left is proof enough.

He might have been a nice person but he was a shit coach.

And the constant attack on current management who fired him is also tiresome.

Cant we just move to looking forward? Everything to be said about Dom has been said and its not going to change the fact that he failed miserably this season.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Oh FFS... give it up man... the season shows that the only coach killer was Ducharme, committing coach suicide with his horrible coaching.  The fact that nearly every player improved when he left is proof enough.

Cant we just move to looking forward? Everything to be said about Dom has been said and its not going to change the fact that he failed miserably this season.

I don’t know ... I’ll let you know later this summer :)

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

I didn't mention Ducharme, but Hugh-Gort... just double checked.

in honor of the troll status you confer on me, I'll wear this avatar for the rest of the season :)

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I didn't mention Ducharme, but Hugh-Gort... just double checked.

in honor of the troll status you confer on me, I'll wear this avatar for the rest of the season :)

You're the one that but "coach-killer" in your post. So yes, you mentioned Ducharme without mentioning him. Nice try, though.

5 minutes ago, huzer said:

You're the one that but "coach-killer" in your post. So yes, you mentioned Ducharme without mentioning him. Nice try, though.

I’ll be an as*h.11 for a couple of weeks again.

Put

me in ignore if it annoys you too much

15 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I’ll be an as*h.11 for a couple of weeks again.

Put

me in ignore if it annoys you too much

I'm not annoyed. You were disingenuous in saying you did not mention the coach, when you very tongue-in-check DID mention the coach. Ducharme was not fired due to Montembault.