GAME#77 Habs vs Minni Tuesday 7:00pm April 19 2022

DON

I'll probably skip this one or PVR to forward through it in case I want to see how some players perform.

Hopefully Gallagher scores and Price doesn't get more than 24-30 shots. 

Hopefully Romanov and Savard continue building their chemistry

Hopefully no one gets seriously injured

Hopefully they loose with grace and style so that it doesn't hurt as much

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I'll second that. Only 6 games left, waaay too late to go on a run. 

Kracken 5-5 in last 10, that has helped.

Looking more & more like 31st place it will be.

Armia could be gone for rest of season, personal matter back in Finland he is travelling back for.

41 minutes ago, DON said:

Kracken 5-5 in last 10, that has helped.

Looking more & more like 31st place it will be.

Armia could be gone for rest of season, personal matter back in Finland he is travelling back for.

You can't accuse Seattle of tanking, they have been playing very well lately. Signing Matty Berniers has really helped them, he looks like a keeper.  I expect they will pass Philly who is just awful right now.  Now that I have said that, watch Philly take out the Leafs tonight.  NOT!

Was it Dauphin who thought it was a good idea to go retrieve a stick from the bench and leave Fail so alone that he made out his shopping list before he got the pass leading to his goal?

3 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Was it Dauphin who thought it was a good idea to go retrieve a stick from the bench and leave Fail so alone that he made out his shopping list before he got the pass leading to his goal?

It was.  That's not going to leave a good impression on the coaches as he tries to make a case for more playing time over the final two weeks (which is important for him with it being a contract year).

7 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

How will we win without Pezzetta? 😱

Great question. It's times like this when the rest of the players  must realize that they need to give just that little bit extra to make up for such a big loss. It is a challenge, no question.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It was.  That's not going to leave a good impression on the coaches as he tries to make a case for more playing time over the final two weeks (which is important for him with it being a contract year).

He's making $750/175K now -- wouldn't he be worth that even if he doesn't play a single NHL game next year?

51 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

He's making $750/175K now -- wouldn't he be worth that even if he doesn't play a single NHL game next year?

His camp is going to try to make a case for a one-way deal since he has been in the NHL for most of the season.  A good final few games could make a difference on that front.  Failing that, he'd then be playing for a higher guaranteed salary and a jump there would be a big difference so he's one with something to play for still.  That said, his play tonight isn't helping his cause after the mistake that led to Fiala's goal and the mistake that took Pitlick's off the board.

• Upvote 1

Gallagher 3 shots, Petry 5 shots

Glad Harris played, too bad Schueneman didnt.

Tyler Pitlick actually had a few good plays.

Cant blame loss on Price.

If Carey keeps up the solid outings, I'm still holding out hope that he'll have trade value (with significant salary retained) and we could get a decent asset for him. If contenders like COL or EDM get let down by goaltending again, they might move heaven and earth to get a legend like Carey as a backstop.  

watched on PVR. Price looks good, solid and fighting through traffic.

very chippy game, lots of hard checks and puck battles

Caufield with at least three give aways at the blue line, soft on the back check and a couple of outstanding offensive plays

Gallagher should learn to manage his energy. He looks 40 years old, as bad as I remember Niinima, Mara, Stall and Malhorta... just painfully slow

I liked Poehling's game, he seems to be able to play in these types of games. Good 4th line center on the cheap

T. Pitlick looked better in this type of game than freestyle-skating-type

Harris didn't look out of place, held his own

Romanov-Savard were solid

Dauphin didn't look good, played like a 13th forward

====

the loosing streak continues:

🎵 🎸 🎺 🎹 🎵

row, row, row Habs row

gently down the tank

🎵 🎸 🎺 🎹 🎵

merrily, merrily, merrily playing...

like it's training camp

🎵 🎸 🎺 🎹 🎵

How dumb/lazy a tripping penalty did Gallagher take , he really seems to be playing so bad, is sad to see.

Hoffman simply spinning his wheels, why isnt he shooting more?

It is really the only good part of his game and he is simply a boat anchor on any line he is on.

Petry

Hoffman

Armia

Gallagher

Weber

Price

Good luck getting these contracts sorted out or off the books before rebuild is complete.:popcorn:

9 hours ago, DON said:

Petry

Hoffman

Armia

Gallagher

Weber

Price

Good luck getting these contracts sorted out or off the books before rebuild is complete.:popcorn:

Yep, so far we've traded the players who were easy to trade.  Can't see too many takers for these guys (besides Petry, who still has decent value in my book).

Ya, dont think Petry will be hard to deal away and Gallagher i dont think will be traded this off-season.

Petry, Hoffman & Wideman i just pray are all gone come October.

If Price can stay healthy, start 30-40games and play OK, that would help alot.