Goaler Dobes signs

DON

Bye Cayden

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Montembeault, Allen in Montreal 

Primeau, Dobes in Laval

Poulin, Vrbetic in TR

Possible ... but doubt it ... both Primeau and Dobes would need the net.

8 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Possible ... but doubt it ... both Primeau and Dobes would need the net.

Primeau is still under contract for two more years so I don’t expect that they will give up on him quite yet.

20 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Primeau, Dobes in Laval

Poulin, Vrbetic in TR

100% agree on this projection

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Primeau, Dobes in Laval

Poulin, Vrbetic in TR

Not sure Poulin will sign to be an ECHL goalie again when he has proven he can play at the AHL level.  Will Primeau clear waivers to get to Laval?  And I imagine the Habs will be parting ways with Vrbetic in a couple of months as I don't think they'll be offering him an ELC. 

Meanwhile, if anyone was wondering...

36 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Does Primeau still need to clear waivers if he’s in Laval to start the season?

Dobeš. To go with Ylönen and Slafkovský. 🙂

He needs to clear waivers to GET to Laval.

3 hours ago, DON said:

Sounds very promising and Primeau better be looking over his shoulder. 

I wonder if Habs intend to either trade Primeau or start him in the NHL? Possibly carry 3 goalies for a while?

I never thought much of Primeau. This kid seems like a bona-fide quality prospect in net. That is a long way from clarifying the Habs’ future at that position, but it does afford some hope.

I could see Allen or Primeau being traded prior to the start of next season, if Les Canadiens are comfortable with Montembault at #1 for next season 

6 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I never thought much of Primeau. This kid seems like a bona-fide quality prospect in net. That is a long way from clarifying the Habs’ future at that position, but it does afford some hope.

It's hard to get too excited about college goalies as they're really hard to pin down in terms of who looks like a future NHL player and who doesn't.  Statistically, there isn't much of a difference between Primeau's college numbers and Dobes':

Primeau: 70 GP, 2.00 GAA, .932 SV%, 8 SO

Dobes: 75 GP, 2.29 GAA, .926 SV%, 6 SO

At the time, Primeau looked like someone that could be an NHL backup.  I'd put Dobes in that same situation although his puck-handling is a legitimate standout skill that most other goalies don't have.

53 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think Primeau would clear waivers.  Depending of course on if teams.have injuries.

I think if they time it right, he could clear.  If they can hold onto him for a week or two into the season until teams have their tandems set, that would be the right time to try to sneak him through.  If they do it during training camp, it'd be riskier depending on who is still looking for a backup goalie.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:20 PM, dlbalr said:

Not sure Poulin will sign to be an ECHL goalie again when he has proven he can play at the AHL level.

With his .888 save percentage this season, though, there might not be a long line if teams looking for his services, even in the AHL. Splitting the season between Laval and TR could yet be an option for him.