Tanner Pearson and 3rd to Habs, Casey DeSmith to Canucks

revvvrob

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I just looked up his stats and I’m a bit disappointed! I thought Pearson was a 70 point guy but he has been injured so frigging much. 

Chances of a first sure seem slim!

He is a decent 2 way forward when healthy, I think a 2nd/3rd is more realistic at the deadline and that is assuming he is healthy and playing well. It's always hard to predict what the demand and needs are going to be like at the deadline, depends on injuries, how many teams in contention etc etc.  I just hope that guys like Pearson, Monahan stay healthy not only for their own sake but obviously so the Habs can also maximize their return. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Pearson's cap hit is 3.25 million.  Even when healthy he was never a 70 plus point guy.

His career high is 45.

Yeah I was way off base. Pearson has only played one full season (maybe the Covid season too). The rest of his career has been shorter seasons. 

Probably looking at a third round pick if he stays healthy 

I much rather see a healthy Pearson in the line-up than Armia. RHP-Evans-Ylo should make for a great 4th line with Pezz as the 13th forward

Great move by HugGort!

28 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Tweet won’t imbed but Hughes says that Pearson’s wrist is only 80%

Still expects him to participate in training camp. 

Boo 

Perhaps another LTIR at some point 

Change x.com to twitter.com and it embeds. 

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Still expects him to participate in training camp. 

Boo 

Perhaps another LTIR at some point 

Odd, I thought it was his hand and that he had a butchered operation or something.

There could be a chance that he doesn't play at all and is LTIR and Hughes basically did the trade just to get the 3rd rnd pick.  Sure, Hughes likely got him in hope of trading him, but that might not work out.  Another possibility is Hughes might be close to trading Dvorak or Armia so in the event that Pearson can play he wont be taking a prospects spot.  

3 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I've taken to opening the Tweet and copying the URL ... seems to work fine.

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

Change x.com to twitter.com and it embeds. 

54 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I've taken to opening the Tweet and copying the URL ... seems to work fine.

Thanks friends I will try both of these

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Odd, I thought it was his hand and that he had a butchered operation or something.

There could be a chance that he doesn't play at all and is LTIR and Hughes basically did the trade just to get the 3rd rnd pick.  Sure, Hughes likely got him in hope of trading him, but that might not work out.  Another possibility is Hughes might be close to trading Dvorak or Armia so in the event that Pearson can play he wont be taking a prospects spot.  

It’s quite possible Hughes did say hand and not wrist. Still that 80% doesn’t inspire confidence. 

At this point it seems like we simply swapped players to get that third. Let’s see what happens 

30 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

It’s quite possible Hughes did say hand and not wrist. Still that 80% doesn’t inspire confidence. 

At this point it seems like we simply swapped players to get that third. Let’s see what happens 

Ya, it certainly doesn't inspire confidence when Pearson was injured on Nov 9 vs the Habs and then had "successful hand surgery" on Nov 10 and was slated to miss 4-6 weeks and 10 months later he's only at 80% recovered.   Plus, he has apparently had 2 other surgeries since.  Quinn Hughes even publicly made a comment about Pearson's injury not being handled properly which lead to the Cannuck's doing an internal investigation into the matter.  Similar to the Habs, the Nucks replaced numerous people in their medical staff during the summer.   https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-begin-internal-investigation-around-handling-of-pearsons-hand-injury/

I was listening to discussion here in Van and was quite amused to hear someone tracking whole the trade chain involving Pearson from the Canucks angle. The Canuckleheads did the following:

Traded Jared McCann (!), AND a 2nd, and a 4th for Eric Gudbranson and a 5th.

They traded Gurdbranson for Pearson.

They traded Pearson and a 3rd for DeSmith. 

So, in effect, the Canucks traded McCann, a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th for Casey DeSmith🤪😝😝🤣🤣

And we think we have had problems, LOL

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

this always works:

1. on the right top corner of the twitter post, click on the three dots

2. select embed post

image.png

3. clikc on the icon, "Copy Code"

image.png

4. On the Habsworld forum, click on the "Source" button on the left top corner of the message you are typing

image.png

5. Paste the twitter code, and post. It works every time

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Now that I see the quote ... his hand strength is at 80%. His hand/wrist may in fact be completely healed now, but his muscle strength is still not where it was, due t othe very long period of not being able to use his hand.

If my interpretation is correct, I'm significantly less worried than if the wrist injury were only 80% healed.

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

this always works:

1. on the right top corner of the twitter post, click on the three dots

2. select embed post

image.png

3. clikc on the icon, "Copy Code"

image.png

4. On the Habsworld forum, click on the "Source" button on the left top corner of the message you are typing

image.png

5. Paste the twitter code, and post. It works every time

Thank you for the detailed explanation 👍

I did everything except the initial imbed tweet option on twitter. The embed button does not appear for me after hitting the three dots. Everything is the same as your post above except that embed button. 

Perhaps because I’m using mobile?

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Alternatively, get rid of everything after the tweet number (bolded below).

https://twitter.com/arponbasu/status/1704513528537768273?s=46&t=C6D_OzldSuuSefel4GDZoQ

https://twitter.com/sportsnet/status/1704613938309239295 

Doesn’t seem to work either for me. I have posted many tweets so I’m not sure why now. 

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I did everything except the initial imbed tweet option on twitter. The embed button does not appear for me after hitting the three dots. Everything is the same as your post above except that embed button. 

Doesn’t seem to work either for me. I have posted many tweets so I’m not sure why now. 

I’ve done it on my mobile. It is tedious 

I have a twitter account and that may make the difference 

14 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Below for example, pasting the URL works for me:

Wonder if it could be browser sensitive?

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Below for example, pasting the URL works for me:

Wonder if it could be browser sensitive?

There is a long twitter help ticket with many people having this issue. 

Many people there say it’s a problem with Safari. I might download another browser and try. 

Although I was posting tweets successfully just last week out of Safari so my issue might just be that dumbass Elon musk. 

Other ideas from that help ticket were about accepting third party cookies or not having twitter blue or bad plugins on this site (unlikely because many tweets get posted). 

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

There is a long twitter help ticket with many people having this issue. 

Many people there say it’s a problem with Safari. I might download another browser and try. 

Although I was posting tweets successfully just last week out of Safari so my issue might just be that dumbass Elon musk. 

Other ideas from that help ticket were about accepting third party cookies or not having twitter blue or bad plugins on this site (unlikely because many tweets get posted). 

FYI - I use Microsoft Edge with Bing as the search engine

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

why-just-why.gif

Because it works