Game 13 Habs at Detroit 7pm Thurs Nov 9

No changes other than Primeau ... MSL said nothing specific about lines, but was a little evasive about whe=ther he plans any chnages.

CLICK HERE: Pregame @ DET: St-Louis | Montréal Canadiens (nhl.com)

Head coach Martin St-Louis addresses the media prior to Thursday's game against the Detroit Red Wings at Little Caesars Arena

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Projected lineup 

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky 

Newhook - Dvorak - Anderson 

Pearson - Monahan - Gallagher 

Pezzetta - Evans - Ylonen

Matheson - Kovacevic 

Guhle - Barron

Harris - Xhekaj 

Primeau

IMG_0236.jpeg

Image - 149551] | The Goggles Do Nothing! | Know Your Meme

Has anyone else noticed that Petry has been a healthy scratch for numerous games?  i.e. he's only played in 8 of their 13 games.  It seems like the Wings are already regretting that trade and they have him another year.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

No changes other than Primeau ... MSL said nothing specific about lines, but was a little evasive about whe=ther he plans any chnages.

CLICK HERE: Pregame @ DET: St-Louis | Montréal Canadiens (nhl.com)

Head coach Martin St-Louis addresses the media prior to Thursday's game against the Detroit Red Wings at Little Caesars Arena

Marty has been tight lipped about roster stuff a lot lately. Not sure why 

Smart pass by Newhook and nice shot Matheson. 

That was strange because the feed I'm watching says it isn't lagging but I was on a hockey site and noticed the Habs had scored and it took at least 10 mins before I saw the goal.

1 minute ago, Dalhabs said:

Slaf playing good on pp. He should get a spurt of points soon.

Yep, there was at least 2 decent looking chances on that PP that he might have scored on and he certainly looked to be more involved and in the right place at the right time.    Unfortunately, the 1 time the puck didn't make it to him and the other time his shot missed the net but barely.

Slaf did have 1 bad touch but it wasn't really his fault when he tried to get the puck but couldn't get it under control and it went into the neutral zone.   Petry had just got out of the penalty box and the puck deflected off Slafs stick right to him.  Luckily, 1 of the Habs dmen was already back or Petry might have been sprung on a breakaway.  

Wow, I didn't like that 1 play at all because it looked recklessly dangerous.  ex:  Wings were in Habs end and 2 Wings players out near Habs blueline and were changing sides.  For some reason the 1 Habs player pointed to Matheson to take the guy who was farther away.  No clue why he did that because the Habs player that was pointing should have taken the guy he was pointing at vs Matheson.  ex:  "i've got the guy right here you take the guy further away that you can't get to so they'll be wide open".  That didn't make any sense but luckily it didn't cost them.

7 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Newhook has been turning over the puck too often in this game 

Newhook is somewhat concerning too because he played 2 good games and then followed that with a lot of meh games.  Its still early so no hard thoughts on him yet but so far I'm unsure what to think of him.

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Slafkovsky is having a great game. Primeau too

It is almost hard to believe that Primeau is playing because so far he's looking sharp in this game for sure.  

That's why I want to Mailloux to play in the NHL this year.  The people that say he needs to work n his d aren't wrong, but the NHL experience would be huge for him.  Look at Monty back when he started, he wasnt ready, nor is Primeau, but look at them now.  NHL experience is worth 2-3x AHL experience.   The best example is WiFi, last year few people here said that he was NHL capable.  However, if he was in the AHL he still wouldn't be NHL ready.  How many people still think Arber isn't ready and shouldn't be in the NHL?

Hilarious, what a great veteran move by Moneyhands.  i.e. did anyone notice how he knocked the stick out of Seiders's hands just before he scored?  Seiders stick went flying and he went after his stick behind the net which left Sean open all by himself.  

D'oh, Cole was way off side on that goal.

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

[…]

That's why I want to Mailloux to play in the NHL this year.  The people that say he needs to work n his d aren't wrong, but the NHL experience would be huge for him.  Look at Monty back when he started, he wasnt ready, nor is Primeau, but look at them now.  NHL experience is worth 2-3x AHL experience.   The best example is WiFi, last year few people here said that he was NHL capable.  However, if he was in the AHL he still wouldn't be NHL ready.  How many people still think Arber isn't ready and shouldn't be in the NHL?

not me, in my view it would best for the Canadien to stay the Rocket with their best prospects for them to learn to win together at that level; at the same time, I would plug the NHL holes with placeholder players to do a soft-tank and get as many high picks as possible 

3 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I missed most of the second, saw that someone scored to make it 2-0 Montreal, started to actually watch with about 3 minutes left after something happened with a Detriot goal and it's 1-1?  What did I miss?

See my above post, Cole was way offside so Monahan's goals was called back.  That call really sucked because I figured they were trying to contest the missed penalty on Monahan for knocking Seiders stick out of his hands.  That is something they can't review.  Unfortunately, it was an offside they were reviewing.  

2 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I missed most of the second, saw that someone scored to make it 2-0 Montreal, started to actually watch with about 3 minutes left after something happened with a Detriot goal and it's 1-1?  What did I miss?

Off side challenge

5 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

He knocked it in with his hand. Wtf.

It hit his hand and went in ... NOT the same thing.

4 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

It hit his hand and went in ... NOT the same thing.

Yep.  That goal sucks but he didn't really do enough with his hand to disallow the goal.  He actually wasn't even looking at the puck when he moved his hand and it deflected into the net.