Game 31 Habs at Winnipeg Mon Dec 18 7:30pm

Prime Minister Koivu

Poll for fun  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If the Habs do trade a goalie to Carolina, who do you hope it is?

• Allen
    • Primeau

Habs start a Christmas road trip on Monday. 

Sportsnet national broadcast means that we all get to watch the game at the cost of Garry Galley’s nonsense commentary. Oh how I pine for the good old days of cheap RDS feeds without these darn blackouts. 

Christmas roster freeze is coming soon but I wonder if one of our goalies might be playing for Carolina before then. 

Will post lines when they become available. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Don’t expect Harris to play but he has joined the Habs on this road trip. 

Maybe he is ahead of schedule 

I just hope they do not rush him, there is no need to put him in the lineup unless Strubble has a very bad game, or Guhle needs a breather

5 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I just hope they do not rush him, there is no need to put him in the lineup unless Strubble has a very bad game, or Guhle needs a breather

Or the next "scheduled" injury occurs.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Trading Dubois hasnt seemed to hurt the Jets much eh.

Jets have seemed to have a decent offensive group for quite some time, imo they’ve underperformed given their forward group (and decent d/excellent goalie) over the past 3-4 seasons.   Scheifelle (Boo!), Ehlers, Connor (obv out), and some depth in Neideroeiter, Lowry, etc.  When they had Wheeler and Laine as well as the three listed first I expected cup contenders with their back end that was tough to play against. 

Since it worked last game, gonna continue to erroneously crap on Evans and Anderson in top 6.  
And am happy to have been wrong about Slaf this year, can see him potentially being a player like Nickushkin, who has blossomed late but is but, strong, pretty fast and learning to play with talent.
Go Habs Go! 

6 minutes ago, hockeyrealist said:

Since it worked last game, gonna continue to erroneously crap on Evans and Anderson in top 6.  
And am happy to have been wrong about Slaf this year, can see him potentially being a player like Nickushkin, who has blossomed late but is but, strong, pretty fast and learning to play with talent.
Go Habs Go! 

One game doth not an error correct.

11 minutes ago, huzer said:

Is this in the wrong thread, or just a random comment for the GDT? 😆

Think it may belong with/have-been-triggered-by 

34 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Think it may belong with/have-been-triggered-by 

well, MSL is getting far more success that his predecessor for sure. That is why I posted that on the other thread, I have no clue why anyone would bring that up here :spamafote:

Go Habs Go! I hope Anderson continues building his confidence up, that Slaf continues showing consistency, and that Allen gets more goal support.

13 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Still can’t post tweets but John Lu posted Habs lines for old times sake and it’s the same lineup as Saturday. 

No mention of goalie

image.png

That was an interesting goal by Dvorak.  Oddly, I thought the Habs 1st goal might be reviewed but the 2nd 1 was definitely a strange goal.  I imagine they couldn't definitively prove that Anderson did not touch the puck with his stick after he grabbed it.  The 1 angle from the opposite side didn't exactly look inconclusive so I was surprised it wasn't called back.

5 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That was an interesting goal by Dvorak.  Oddly, I thought the Habs 1st goal might be reviewed but the 2nd 1 was definitely a strange goal.  I imagine they couldn't definitively prove that Anderson did not touch the puck with his stick after he grabbed it.  The 1 angle from the opposite side didn't exactly look inconclusive so I was surprised it wasn't called back.

At first glance, I thought the Anderson goal looked like a kick but it wasn't.

The way they ruled the Dvorak goal, they found conclusive evidence.  The ref said that the call on the ice was confirmed, not upheld (or stands) which is the terminology when it's still inconclusive. 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yeah I didn’t think he touched the puck but there is no way that I could say so definitively. 

Habs played a decent period 

Just now, dlbalr said:

The way they ruled the Dvorak goal, they found conclusive evidence.  The call on the ice was confirmed, not upheld (or stands) which is the terminology when it's still inconclusive. 

Don't think I agree ... but nice to see a "mistake" fall the Habs way.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

At first glance, I thought the Anderson goal looked like a kick but it wasn't.

The way they ruled the Dvorak goal, they found conclusive evidence.  The ref said that the call on the ice was confirmed, not upheld (or stands) which is the terminology when it's still inconclusive. 

He kind of bobbled his words and looked unsure but either way Anderson got himself another point.