Game 52 - Blues @ Canadiens - February 11 - 1 p.m.

GHT120

Nobody has picked up the ball ... but even if we win I'm not doing the next game

Poor Harris. Concussion for sure. Nice to see Slaf, Suzuki and Matheson getting more points. Hope we can at least stay close in the game and not get blowout.

Hope Harris is alright, but expect he is out for a while ... but don't think that Blais was head-hunting.

Allen is ok backup material on a good team. He is not good enough to keep this habsteam in games. Wish Xhekaj was playing considering the irritation late there.

Challenge?

WHY extend the game at that point?

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Challenge?

I was wondering that myself as to why St. Louis really wanted the review on that one.  But with it being Ylonen who would have scored, that would have snapped a now 32-game drought so maybe he was just trying to help end that streak.

Today's postgame: https://www.habsworld.net/2024/02/10-thoughts-a-super-bowl-smack-down-by-st-louis/

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I was wondering that myself as to why St. Louis really wanted the review on that one.  But with it being Ylonen who would have scored, that would have snapped a now 32-game drought so maybe he was just trying to help end that streak.

Today's postgame: https://www.habsworld.net/2024/02/10-thoughts-a-super-bowl-smack-down-by-st-louis/

I wondered whether it was just because he was pissed at Allen and most of the rest of the team, and frustrated because he couldn't do anything about it ... but making the challenge was something he could control; not the result but the decision.

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

On a positive note, the weekend didn't hurt our draft positioning. 

if the draft lottery was today, we would have the 7th best chances ... 50 points ... 2 ahead of Buffalo who have a game in hand ... 6 ahead of Ottawa who have 4 games in hand ... so 5th slot is not out of reach.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Challenge?

I get your point, but I think it was more about his dissatisfaction with the officiating.  There were a few calls that he clearly didn't agree with, like any coach would, and it was more about making their jobs a little tougher than getting the call right. 

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I get your point, but I think it was more about his dissatisfaction with the officiating.  There were a few calls that he clearly didn't agree with, like any coach would, and it was more about making their jobs a little tougher than getting the call right. 

Which will not help his case anytime in the future.

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

if the draft lottery was today, we would have the 7th best chances ... 50 points ... 2 ahead of Buffalo who have a game in hand ... 6 ahead of Ottawa who have 4 games in hand ... so 5th slot is not out of reach.

Agree, 5th is about the best we can get. Buffalo has been a big disappointment this year and should be ahead of the Habs. Ottawa seems to have turned a corner and they have an excellent chance of surpassing the Habs. 

The xG was actually pretty much even for the game; the Habs lost this on goaltending and some defensive mistakes. Four more goals allowed than expected, STL allowed about what was expectec, once Ylonen's late (incorrectly disallowed) goal is included.

The injury curse persists. RHP yesterday, in a freak collision; Harris stumbles and is slammed into the boards; and ex-Hab Scandella slammed Guhle into the boards. Roy already in for RHP, Xhekaj will fill for Harris ... but if Guhle doesn't recover by next time, the Habs will need another D call-up.

Anderson on the ice for four of the five even-strength goals against. How is he still getting 15 minutes of ice time?

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Anderson on the ice for four of the five even-strength goals against. How is he still getting 15 minutes of ice time?

His element of speed and driving the puck to the net.  For a team that takes a lot of outside shots, someone driving the puck to the net is valuable.  He's ineffective once getting there, but still doing it.  Also, injuries, the bottom 6 is nearly all AHL players that aren't there because they earned their way out of Laval.  That's why he's still getting 15 minutes a night.

Guhle must have shoulder injury of some sort and be gone for season.

Harris who knows, hope concussion symptoms dont last long, but he didnt look good. 

So much for LH-d depth, for short term anyways, more lost development time for those 2, just shitty.

Roy & Newhook, might work.

10 Thoughts: A Super Bowl Smack Down By St. Louis – HabsWorld.net

"10) A general thought on Joshua Roy ...

I don’t know if Roy is just the short-term recall or if he’s going to get an extended look.  If it’s the latter, it’d be nice to see those two stick together for a little while."

"2nd Star: Mike Matheson – It was an ugly game for Montreal’s defence corps as a group.  One of those ‘burn the tape’ outings.  But that wasn’t so much the case for Matheson who actually had a lot more positive plays than negative in this one, even with his penalty eventually leading to Neighbours’ goal.  This would have been a great game to give him some rest but instead, he had to play heavy minutes down the stretch due to a lack of availability for other blueliners."

Stats: 1 assist, +1 rating, 2 PIMS, 4 shots, 4 blocks, 27:41 TOI